Delivery Dates - Post them here!

brentap

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I finished customizing and ordering a Black/Black/Silver Accent 32GB version at 12:30 p.m. central time zone. The website listed the estimated delivery at 12 days, and my email confirmation states a Sept. 5th delivery date.

Obviously I didn't get an "early" order in the morning, but 12 days seems extreme. I figure we can update this thread when we actually receive our phones as well.

What's your delivery date?

Update: They delivered it in time 8/27 at my home this morning. All within the 4 business day timeline.

Last edited:

Tim_Katarn

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Delivery times

I ordered mine on Monday and it won't be here until the 26th. So mine was a full 7 day wait. As of right now it hasn't even shipped so I'm guessing they aren't going to be making that window either. Must have had significantly more orders than they anticipated.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like their 4-day delivery promise got a ton of people interested and as long as they have your money, they don't give a damn how long it takes.

Nothing about this launch has gone smoothly.

BlackMamba14

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site

Sept. 5th for me too. I can't imagine how bad it would have been if they would have released on all carriers today. Definitely a disorganized and disappointing start for Motorola.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

While I applaud Motorola for creating this entire "Moto Maker" experience, and doing things other companies are not, I'm genuinely surprised how far they've gone back on their four day shipping window.

Granted, if it were a two week window, I wouldn't complain, but for as much as Moto touted being able to ship out customer devices within four days I'm shocked that they've thrown that notion right out the window.

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

NO, this is the reason they DIDNT release on all carriers at once...have to ease in production and ramp up to get these out..... All carriers would have been a disaster...this is normal getting started pains.

brentap

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I'm not disappointed in the release. I wouldn't have gotten an inscription on the back (terrible resell), and most releases aren't perfect.

I think the only disappointment is the overestimates of Motorola's ability to do such a massive customized release (even only on AT&T is a big deal) while still touting a 4 day release. It just didn't seem believable to start with, unless they had all the color combinations already stocked or found an easier assembly procedure.

In the end, assuming the phone works correctly without any first gen issues, the only bad mark on this release would be having to wait another week for a device that I'll hopefully be using for another 1-1.5 years.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

12 days for me. I bought the card this morning, and it took them about an hour and a half to figure out how to actually sell one. Didn't get my order completed until almost 9 hours later. Couldn't get the PIN to go into the website. I just hope it is a little quicker in reality.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

NO, this is the reason they DIDNT release on all carriers at once...have to ease in production and ramp up to get these out..... All carriers would have been a disaster...this is normal getting started pains.

I agree with that. Everyone complained about the staggered release, but I don't honestly think a small factory could have handled the orders from the entire country in any sort of a reasonable time.

It was either release the phone for each carrier one by one, or at least offer basic black and white models and start getting the device into people's hands.

I only wish each carrier would've had both 16GB and 32GB iterations in stock.

Also would've been nice having Moto Maker fully operational at launch, even if it was just launching for one carrier (I'm looking at you, wood backing and engravings).

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

our date is Sept 3 16 g Navy/black/blue do all of you get the free skip we did.

Oh get this instore custom can not buy outright system wont allow that yet, strange.

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

I did get a free Skip. It was just in the cart for free when checking out. I also checked my email, and it says Sept 3 as well. Navy, black, silver here.

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how but I was able to get online last night at 10:30 central time and get through to motomaker (must of been a fluke+right timing) and ordered a black on black with red accents. I also was able to do full retail (again I don't know how but not complaining) and delivery date is Sept 3.

Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket cause nobody is having any lucky getting a MotoX at full retail through Motomaker.

Posted via Android Central App

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone get any emails from Moto after purchase? I got the first last night after purchase saying "You designed it" then this morning another one saying "We're assembling it."

Tim_Katarn

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I my first email on Monday after my order. I got a we are assembling it email on Wednesday and still nothing today. I don't know if Fedex can overnight it tomorrow but the Monday (end of the 7 day window) delivery date is most likely to be missed for my phone. It's sad, I can't stand this HTC Thunderbolt anymore and I'm excited for this new phone.

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
did you have to go to an ATT store to buy the card?
I tried system will not allow full retail purchase for a custom order.

trido
I don't know how but I was able to get online last night at 10:30 central time and get through to motomaker (must of been a fluke+right timing) and ordered a black on black with red accents. I also was able to do full retail (again I don't know how but not complaining) and delivery date is Sept 3.

Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket cause nobody is having any lucky getting a MotoX at full retail through Motomaker.

kancharlaraj

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Memory - 32 GB
Back - Royal Blue
Front - Black
Accent - Black
Order Date - 8/23/13
Est. Delivery Tuesday, 09/03/13*

A little disappointed but I guess I can wait. This is what I call a first world problem..😁

UPDATE (8/24/13): received an email saying that they are assembling my phone. I think I am going to take the news with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995