Moto X Developer Edition

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Slashgear did an article on the Developer Edition Moto X saying this: "The developer editions of Moto X will be available through Motorola?s website after a series of steps to assure the company that you are indeed a developer." So Moto is going to check to see if you're a developer before you can buy the DE X?? That's going to suck. I'm not a developer, I just want an X with more storage, no bloatware, and quicker updates. What's wrong with that??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm. Interesting news. That would kinda suck. I was really looking forward to just 32gigs of storage. ROM's are second on my list.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

anon(4196132)

May 20, 2013
Visit site
For those with unlocked bootloaders, as long as Moto makes the ROM available then there shouldn't be a problem flashing to the Dev edition, right?

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
You know I really want to root for Motorola. Then they pull this BS. I just read the article and basically after you have to do their "Are you a developer?" circle jerk. The phone is sold sans warranty. Uh heck no to that.

I want to give Moto my money. Then they keep doing this dip sht.

NO THANKS!

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
That is crazy. It's like they are taking every step possible to make people not want to buy this phone.

It will probably be at least 600 dollars and have 16gb internal memory with no warranty. Or you can order a 16gb N4 from the Google Play Store with a warranty for a little more than half the price.

What a joke.

Sent from my Silver HTC ONE fully converted to the Google Play Edition

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
well there goes my wanting the dev edition i do not know any other phone maker that does that heck even the motorola razr dev addition did not have to authenticate like this i think google behind it because moto going to make the next nexus just my thoughts.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think they're doing this because I think Verizon is the only carrier getting a DE. Every other carrier is getting an unlocked version. And we all know that Verizon doesn't like unlocked phones on their network. So Moto and Verizon are pulling this crap to get people NOT to buy a DE. That's just my theory.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I think they're doing this because I think Verizon is the only carrier getting a DE. Every other carrier is getting an unlocked version. And we all know that Verizon doesn't like unlocked phones on their network. So Moto and Verizon are pulling this crap to get people NOT to buy a DE. That's just my theory.

AT&T's version has a locked bootloader, with no possibility of unlocking it direct from Motorola.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site