Post pictures taken with the Moto X (1st gen) here

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Post pictures taken with Motorola X here

Here are a few in different lighting. No post processing. Deleted one blurry indoor one...it seems to struggle a bit with exposure, but the majority looked better than I was expecting.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377305609374.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377305609374.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,000
  • uploadfromtaptalk1377305628626.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377305628626.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,021
  • IMG_20130823_132916785.jpg
    IMG_20130823_132916785.jpg
    753.4 KB · Views: 989
Last edited:

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Here are a few in different lighting. No post processing.

These pictures look pretty good to me .may be the camera is not as bad as all the reviews are saying.

Posted via Android Central App

tpags

May 1, 2011
Visit site

All those pics look good to me but I'm no photograoher. The camera looks like it would suit my needs.

Did you find that you had to take a couple pics to get a good one?

GNexROC

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

This is the thread I'm most interested in. All the reviews said the Gnex camera sucked. In my experience its killed my friends cameras including the GS3, and Droid RAZR Maxx HD. I want the Moto X but I don't want a camera downgrade. As long as the Moto X camera can equal the Gnex shooter I'm in. Let's see more pics. If all it takes is patience, a steady hand and the willingness to take 5 shots to get one great one, I can handle that. I always take 20 pics to get one good shot. As any good photographer does. I want to get this phone. But it has to take pics at least as good as my almost two year old Gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

All those pics look good to me but I'm no photograoher. The camera looks like it would suit my needs.

Did you find that you had to take a couple pics to get a good one?

Not really, but I was snapping away. I did notice that sometimes the focus would be off from one to another, but overall most of what I took wasn't bad.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

This is the thread I'm most interested in. All the reviews said the Gnex camera sucked. In my experience its killed my friends cameras including the GS3, and Droid RAZR Maxx HD. I want the Moto X but I don't want a camera downgrade. As long as the Moto X camera can equal the Gnex shooter I'm in. Let's see more pics. If all it takes is patience, a steady hand and the willingness to take 5 shots to get one great one, I can handle that. I always take 20 pics to get one good shot. As any good photographer does. I want to get this phone. But it has to take pics at least as good as my almost two year old Gnex.

Same here. Everyone loved the pics that came out of my GNex!

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

they all look pretty muted to me. Like theres no pop or much differentiation in color tones.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

As a photographer myself, I absolutely agree with that. I'd leave sporting events with 600+ images.

I take no issue with having a camera that I manually adjust settings on and have to snap 2-5 consecutive images. I would shoot pictures the exact same way whether using a GNex, and iPhone, or my dSLR.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Here is one I snapped inside the AT&T store of my wife. Very dark environment (kinda creepy dark compared to Verizon and Apple stores), no flash fired, auto-HDR mode. I'm actually quite pleased with the clarity and color reproduction here. We were underneath a dark glowing blue overhead light (you can see more of them in the background). For how dark it was and for how many colors of lights were present, the X did a great job with the white balance, IMHO.

View attachment 77786

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site

All the pictures posted so far look good to me. I'm just looking for clarity. In not composing people's wedding/modeling albums with my cell phone, so as long as it's clear I'm happy

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

motoxHDR.jpg

With hdr on

motox.jpg iphone5.JPG

Moto X on left and Iphone 5 on right. Both without hdr and straight out of the phone only resized.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Some comparison photos between the Moto X and HTC One (first in group is Moto X, next is HTC One)

Attachments

• moto4.jpg
    moto4.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 260
  • moto2.jpg
    moto2.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 252
  • moto1.jpg
    moto1.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 243
  • htc1.jpg
    htc1.jpg