Post pictures taken with the Moto X (1st gen) here

anon(4196132)

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Post pictures taken with Motorola X here

I have seen some very nice photos from the Moto X (including Damien's above) but in many cases there is post-processing that has been done. So while it may be true that you can coax some great images out of the Moto X with a little effort, that's still different than getting great images straight out of the camera that you feel good about sharing/publishing spontaneously.

I entirely agree. Most of the photos that I'm happy with are in natural light. I'm not mucking with images much - typically just cropping or letting Google apply HDR as the software sees fit - but anything taken in poor lighting conditions (read: dark) turns out poor to terrible. Also, I tend to take 4-5 shots of a scene and then select that image(s) that I prefer. Admittedly, this is the same workflow I have with my DSLR but for people who just want to take a single photo and be done, well, this is the wrong camera phone.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

comparison between Moto X and Nokia 1020. the 1020 downsized the pic for sharing so I did the same for the MotoX. My son took the shots in his daughter's room....no flash, out of the box settings on the X.

Light is yellowish/orangish in the room so the Nokia is the most faithful one.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 116
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 111

rambo47

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

I'm not displeased. My Galaxy Nexus could never handle a picture taken at a concert like this.

No flash. HDR off. Touch to focus on.

6p91.jpg

aeoveu

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm not displeased. My Galaxy Nexus could never handle a picture taken at a concert like this.

No flash. HDR off. Touch to focus on.

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5315/6p91.jpg

A full-res pic of that would be nice. That way, we'll be able to tell how sharp and clear (and noisy) it is in low light situations.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've done a few side by side shots with my x and girls s4. My x gets better photos each time. I'm not sure what is the issue with everyone and the camera. Then again maybe there is settings I'm not using on my girls s4 to make shots better

Posted via Android Central App

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Its a good camera. Don't see any issues with it. Might not be the best but it does well.

Sent from my HTC One

rambo47

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Jev425's side-by-side comparison of the same pic taken on the MotoX and iPhone 5 clearly illustrates the need for improving the MotoX camera. I can't even imagine comparing the pics of the MotoX and a Nokia Lumia 1020.

aeoveu

May 2, 2012
Visit site

Aah. My mistake. The image is hosted on imageshack.

Anyway, it seems it got the sharpness fairly accurate. I'm impressed.

I thought the cam messed up on the sharpness in the images... What I'm eager to see are more lowlight shots.

Edit: typos.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

jbmeicher

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

Aye Comrade! I'll be seeing VC in milwaukee in a few weeks, how did you like the show???

Toymaker02

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Tony - Good point.

These were taken in an ideal condition...outside with diffused light. I'm still looking for pics of people in a dim (not dark) room, or slightly backlit, etc. Mine always turn out unusable.
Seems like the thing does pretty good in ideal lighting.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan