Re: Post pictures taken with Motorola X here

Decepticon air support.

View attachment 83836

woZ3Iq9.jpg

Skynet3132

Jul 15, 2010
www.scikotics.com

used PS to add the text. camera was set on auto HDR and struggled to hold the color due to lighting conditions. took a few and this was the best.

XD.jpg

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

I don't kinda understand all the bashing on this phone's camera. I suppose if I'm just gonna upload photos to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram then using this phone's camera should be TOTALLY OK right?

Thanks!

Skynet3132

Jul 15, 2010
www.scikotics.com

I don't kinda understand all the bashing on this phone's camera. I suppose if I'm just gonna upload photos to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram then using this phone's camera should be TOTALLY OK right?

Thanks!

absolutely. if a person is THAT concerned with a quality shot, they should buy a real camera- not a phone with image capture capabilities!

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com

...if a person is THAT concerned with a quality shot, they should buy a real camera...
I'm sorry, don't take this personally, but I have to object every time I see someone say this. The best camera to take a picture with is the one you have in your hand/pocket at the time.

To those who say "buy a real camera"... I don't want to have to ALWAYS carry TWO devices in the OFF CHANCE something is going to happen, my son is going to be doing something, I see something, etc that I want to take a picture of. Sure, when on vacation, I DO take my DSLR, Digital Point And Shoot, and Sony hard drive based HD Camcorder, but I'm not going to carry all those every day. I think its still justifiable that I, and others, still want a smartphone with a camera that takes good/great pictures, along with doing everything else (like being a phone, no lag, etc) right.

I have pictures taken with my HTC Thunderbolt on our Disney vacation in 2012 along with those taken by my Nikon Coolpix S9200 and Sony HDR-SR12 camcorder. You can't tell much of a difference unless looking at them on the PC and you really zoom in. I have a shot taken with the HTC while on the monorail as it was pulling into the station at the Magic Kindom, no one can believe I took it with my HTC until I show them the EXIF info of the photo. So I don't think its asking too much for Moto's phones to have a better camera.

As it stands, with the latest update, my VZW Moto X camera has improved, but it still not as good as even my Moto Bionic's camera was (which I didn't think was all too good). And I have pictures taken with some of my older (non-Moto) feature phones that look better than what the X's camera takes. :( That is sad. BUT then again, with my history and all the phones I've had, I know that Moto camera's have always been a draw back on their devices. I for one want that to finally change!! Moto needs to improve this.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

As it stands, with the latest update, my VZW Moto X camera has improved, but it still not as good as even my Moto Bionic's camera was (which I didn't think was all too good). And I have pictures taken with some of my older (non-Moto) feature phones that look better than what the X's camera takes. :( That is sad. BUT then again, with my history and all the phones I've had, I know that Moto camera's have always been a draw back on their devices. I for one want that to finally change!! Moto needs to improve this.

:(

My X is definitely better than my DROID Bionic and DROID.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com

:(

My X is definitely better than my DROID Bionic and DROID.
Not sure why. Yeah, I get an occasional good shot with the X, and maybe that is why I say there is a difference. With the Bionic, when I take a picture, I look at it and say "yup, that is what I expected from this phone"... with the X, I never know what to expect. Times I think it should give me a good picture, it doesn't. Other times it gives me an acceptable to nice picture.

Last night for example, I took this picture and it looks pretty good, even when viewing on the PC and zoomed in.... I am happy with this one. Compared to one I took with my iPhone 5S at the same time (ok after putting the X in my pocket and taking the 5S out), they look nearly the same. Close enough that I definitely would not complain about the X.
2013-10-24 17.12.20.jpg

I took this one the other night just after the upgrade, and it looks dark even though it wasn't really that dark out.... This one is a disappointment.
2013-10-22 17.05.21a.jpg

A couple steps closer and took this one... This one is good, or at least what I would expect and consider acceptable, especially considering the clouds and time of day.
2013-10-22 17.05.27a.jpg

I'll have to try and do some side by sides of the X and Bionic to post.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

After the the update the Moto X camera is more than adequate. It's not as good as an iphone but for 99% of us it is good enough.

jtc411

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Some people will just never be happy. This is not as good as the 5S in low light, but its not far off. It is superior however to the iphone 5 as I have both. This is a picture I took at the peak of the day and the camera handled the extremely bright sun quite well. The colors are crisp and very accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_20131018_085944796_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20131018_085944796_HDR.jpg
    998.1 KB · Views: 83

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

I took this one the other night just after the upgrade, and it looks dark even though it wasn't really that dark out.... This one is a disappointment.
View attachment 88810

A couple steps closer and took this one... This one is good, or at least what I would expect and consider acceptable, especially considering the clouds and time of day.
View attachment 88812

I'll have to try and do some side by sides of the X and Bionic to post.

Dissapointment? Heh. Too me thats a more than acceptable shot, maybe minus some of the jaggies. I'm all for capturing the moment, and to be that would seem to do just fine.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Downtown San Diego.

UqDqdMu.jpg

Posted via Android Central App

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Dissapointment? Heh. Too me thats a more than acceptable shot, maybe minus some of the jaggies. I'm all for capturing the moment, and to be that would seem to do just fine.

I try and try to see what is bad about the pictures that folks dislike, and I just do not see what they are talking about. Of course, I do not know anything about photography.

Maybe my eyes are terrible. But I just do not see what the problem is. Do I need to zoom in or something?

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

By far the best shot I've taken with this camera.. BTW the tap to focus is incredible! Just used it for the first time and o.m.g

1383016016077.jpg

sent from my MOTO X using the android central app | Adv Repair Agent-geek squad

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza