Re: Post pictures taken with Motorola X here

Verizon Moto X on 4.4.

bXYWsj1.jpg

Posted via Android Central App

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

uploadfromtaptalk1392492930002.jpg so much noise with this camera in low light situations, I have to admit that this camera just continues to disappoint me

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I think the 4.4.2 update included a few more camera tweaks.uploadfromtaptalk1392584385263.jpg

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Such as...?

Colors seem a little more vibrant, and sharpness seems a little higher.

I showed this picture to some friends I was with this weekend (who have iPhones or HTC phones) and received many compliments on the picture. For a picture taken on a phone with a poor reputation for camera quality, I think that is telling.

Whether to attribute that to improvements from 4.4.2, or if it is just that this picture was taken under relatively ideal conditions, I'm not sure.

I haven't yet tried indoor or low light pictures to see if noise has been reduced, though.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Colors seem a little more vibrant, and sharpness seems a little higher.

I showed this picture to some friends I was with this weekend (who have iPhones or HTC phones) and received many compliments on the picture. For a picture taken on a phone with a poor reputation for camera quality, I think that is telling.

Whether to attribute that to improvements from 4.4.2, or if it is just that this picture was taken under relatively ideal conditions, I'm not sure.

I haven't yet tried indoor or low light pictures to see if noise has been reduced, though.

I'd wager it is more likely due to the shooting conditions.

Doomed#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

-Android 4.4
-Stock updated photo app
-Touch focus -ON
-HDR -OFF
-Only sized and cropped to take my wife out
IMG_201sm_zps1722ea67.jpg

Last edited:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Question regarding the Moto X. When I take photos in landscape, viewing them in the Gallery they look blurry unless I put the phone in portrait mode. Looks really small like that. What's up with that?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

Question regarding the Moto X. When I take photos in landscape, viewing them in the Gallery they look blurry unless I put the phone in portrait mode. Looks really small like that. What's up with that?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Not sure. I usually take my pictures in portrait mode. I have noticed that it has to load the quality when I view a picture. When I first open it, its blurry. Then it kinda "loads" and the quality looks good. Not sure why you're having that problem though. :/

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk