my, how plain. But unfortunately they only had the white. and the white is a mess. When you see photos and it looks like glass fitted onto end embedded into plastic, that's exactly what it looks like. And then back was dirty. I so wish they had had a black, but they only had one in the store, not even an employee had one, so i couldn't feel the shape of it cuz it was attached to something.

i remember someone saying they wish they had stamped a logo onthe front, and the white at least, i have to agree. It looked so strangely plain, and btwn the glass embedded into plastic front and no logo it looked like you would have bought a no brand phone. The black won't have that issue, but seriously, the white was....

actually, the piece in general was unoffensive but lacked personality or something. If that doesn't make sense, you'll see when you get to a store. Or maybe it's because the other phones are so damn loud. LOOK AT ME, I'M A BIG SAMSUNG! and like the Droids for example, i don't really care for that look, but it definitely has a personality. This phone sorta fade into the background. The white one anyway.

my only problem with it is, and i *hope hope hope* it's fixed, i think i heard mention of it being fixed, is the screen whites are not light. Screen kinda reminds me of the Dell latitude i'm on right now. lol. But the sammy g4 next to it looked woeful (both screen AND body) so maybe it's just the model b/c otherwise no one would sing a praise of that s4. The HTC one was next to it, screen is so pretty, and bright. If it were smaller i would get it, but with that awful placement of the button having to wake that thing up would be a b-tch. But lo and behold a little baby htc one mini was there. It's actually slightly taller than the X.

oh, and btw, the screen size is definitely noticeable. But it's fine cuz it makes sense you would have a 4.5" screen in a smaller body than a 4.7" (htc). Granted, those of you who have had that on a phone, already know that. I checked out the Z10 though, and it has no buttons and also no permanent bar. I was too cold to figure out how that was. (What is with people and their air conditioning, dear lord). But whatever. And i do really like one thing about the buttons, that one of them is a little stacking button for multitasking windows, coming from a pre, i'm already hurting over lack of the best multi tasking ever. *tear* so it was nice to see. And i also like that you can flick away photos in the X and in the htc, no.

i played with the htc one mini. adorable. little baby htc one. . Somehow it looked smaller than the x, but i think cuz it was narrower or something. Same bright white screen. I still find myself trying to choose btwn all 3, even though i know the big htc one is not an option (size and wake button way at top). But the mini looked like...such a mini.

I wish they'd had the black. I was really glad to see the UI was very clean, which will be helpful to me as i start my android adventure. So i'm def. getting it, b/c even if i wanted the htc mini, i can just get the X now and sell it if the weird unwhite background gets to me, and i really doubt it will. And i got my $5 case + screen protector from ebay in the mail today. Now all i need is for sprint to sell it.
    08-23-2013 09:54 PM
    The thing I thought was funny was that it was smaller than the HTC mini. I wanted to like the mini, but it is BARELY any smaller, physically, than the normal One. The Moto X appeared to me to be MORE noticeably smaller than the HTC One Mini than the One mini was smaller than the One.

I thought THAT was the funniest thing about my observations at the store today

Well, that, and how crazy big the Mega actually is.
    08-23-2013 10:00 PM
    The thing I thought was funny was that it was smaller than the HTC mini. I wanted to like the mini, but it is BARELY any smaller, physically, than the normal One. The Moto X appeared to me to be MORE noticeably smaller than the HTC One Mini than the One mini was smaller than the One.

I thought THAT was the funniest thing about my observations at the store today

Well, that, and how crazy big the Mega actually is.
    lmao at the mega. what the F is *that*. lmao. i just glanced at it and had to look away, it was so ludicrous. and amen on the mini not being much smaller. but when by itself, i dunno what's up with it really. it's..sorta.. i dunno, some sort of optical illusion going on with those 2.
    08-23-2013 10:04 PM
    Not sure why this thread is comparing X with HTC one mini ..I'm using maxx since and I fell in love with all the new features there so addictive ..HTC one mini doesn't have these cool features I can understand going for bigger screen phones for more screen real state but HTC one mini is no competion to X. The user experience you get with new moto phones is superior.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-23-2013 10:08 PM
    Not sure why this thread is comparing X with HTC one mini ..I'm using maxx since and I fell in love with all the new features there so addictive ..HTC one mini doesn't have these cool features I can understand going for bigger screen phones for more screen real state but HTC one mini is no competion to X. The user experience you get with new moto phones is superior.

Cuz those are the 3 i'd be choosing btwn, they're my top 3. Moto is better in every way to the mini except for the screen and maybe the camera, but i am form factor priority so those are 2 options for me. Sorta like choosing btwn the mini droid and the X. but i don't have verizon. But honestly, i've never had such a boring looking phone, they've all sort of had their own personalities. So that's a tough one.
    08-23-2013 10:12 PM
    For myself, I was looking for a small phone. I heard the HTC Mini was out on Friday, and wanted to go check it out. I like the One, but its too damn big for me. I am coming from a Xperia X10 mini, then an Xperia mini, and recently got a Xperia Advance just so I could get a little more built in storage and hopefully a little speed. I felt like the Advance was too damn big, so when these new "mini" phones started getting announced I was excited.

Well, not that I realize that the new "mini" phones are almost the same size as their big brothers, I was a bit shocked. I knew the Moto X was coming out too, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it is smaller than all the other current phones and still has a bigger screen. Since I apparently cannot get close to flagship specs with an actual mini sized phone, I decided to settle for close to flagship specs on the smallest form factor that has a 4" screen or bigger. On Friday, that was a Moto X, and it has a 4.7" instead of the bigger mini's with 4.3" screens.

The fact that it appears that the overall experience on the X is as fast and smooth as on the higher spec'ed phones is just a huge plus to me.

I REALLY wish that it had wireless charging and/or is waterproof. I added touchstone to my Xperia mini and loved it. I slowly came to love the Xperia Advance because of its waterproof abilities. Either of these would have made the X a killer device. I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully before 12 days from Friday...
    08-25-2013 11:30 PM
    For myself, I was looking for a small phone. I heard the HTC Mini was out on Friday, and wanted to go check it out. I like the One, but its too damn big for me. I am coming from a Xperia X10 mini, then an Xperia mini, and recently got a Xperia Advance just so I could get a little more built in storage and hopefully a little speed. I felt like the Advance was too damn big, so when these new "mini" phones started getting announced I was excited.

Well, not that I realize that the new "mini" phones are almost the same size as their big brothers, I was a bit shocked. I knew the Moto X was coming out too, and was pleasantly surprised to see that it is smaller than all the other current phones and still has a bigger screen. Since I apparently cannot get close to flagship specs with an actual mini sized phone, I decided to settle for close to flagship specs on the smallest form factor that has a 4" screen or bigger. On Friday, that was a Moto X, and it has a 4.7" instead of the bigger mini's with 4.3" screens.

The fact that it appears that the overall experience on the X is as fast and smooth as on the higher spec'ed phones is just a huge plus to me.

I REALLY wish that it had wireless charging and/or is waterproof. I added touchstone to my Xperia mini and loved it. I slowly came to love the Xperia Advance because of its waterproof abilities. Either of these would have made the X a killer device. I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully before 12 days from Friday...
    X is splashproof but not water proof ..meaning ..its OK if you get caught in rain ..but not good enough if you are swimming with it

08-25-2013 11:35 PM