I fear for the X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I went to the AT&T store to check out the X. Got to play a little with the white and black ones. First thing I want to say is that while I think its a great phone and anyone who gets it will be happy with it, I'm glad I got the Ultra. There was nothing about the X that made me regret the purchase. It felt nice in my hand, but to me, the Ultra fits better. I'm sure that's not the case for everyone, but it is for me.
But anywho, the sales guy comes up to me to talk to me about the X. he says "well its an OK phone, but there's nothing really special about it" That's quite the sales pitch. Then he tells me its got a quad core processor and a 4MP camera. Seeing the stunned look on my face, he goes on "yeah, its got more horsepower than almost any other phone." I asked him about the customization and he tells me there's about 20 colors you can get on the front and back. He says you come in the store, tell him how you want the phone to look and you'll get it 3-4 weeks later. He says you can even get your name put on the back if you want.
I really hope this guy isn't indicative of AT&T salespeople or this phone could be in lots of trouble.

Thinly veiled bash buddy. The thing I dislike about these posts isn't the content it's the unspoken implication that we're too dumb to realize what they're really up to. Followed by proclamations of innocence after posts like mine call them on it, further insulting our intelligence. Judging by the responses it doesn't look like anyone else was fooled either. This is an old forum tactic.

What's really going on here is that you're jealous that the X is getting all the attention and you're looking for validation for not being able to buy it.

Last edited:

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thinly veiled bash buddy. The thing I dislike about these posts isn't the content it's the unspoken implication that we're too dumb to realize what they're really up to. Followed by proclamations of innocence after posts like mine call them on it, further insulting our intelligence. Judging by the responses it doesn't look like anyone else was fooled either. This is an old forum tactic.

What's really going on here is that you're jealous that the X is getting all the attention and you're looking for validation for not being able to buy it.
So you are saying that people are jealous of the moto x with 2012' specs...... .doubt it bro.

Posted via Android Central App

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
So you are saying that people are jealous of the moto x with 2012' specs...... .doubt it bro.

Tell me again what the benchmark scores are? How about X8 custom chip technology. Enlighten me on what those are. Feeling like you spoke without knowing more about mobile tech than uncle Willie from duck dynasty yet? You should. "bro"

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Why do people still argue about specs? Do you NOT get the bigger picture ?!

Look at the iPhone. Its been "lagging behind in specs' since forever right? Yet look how it operates to the end-user. Its flawless. It doesn't stutter, it just works perfectly. Now when someone who isn't tech savy goes to look for a phone, they see an iPhone that doesnt hiccup at all and then a GS4 whose ALL-MIGHT SPECS still lag like its 2005. Samsung doesn't optimize its OS at all clearly. Doing simple **** like opening contacts LAG. Who wants that?! What person that goes to a store would want this after 2 minutes of playing with it they see that it just does not operate right? No body.

Sure the GS4 is capable of more, but to the general person does it matter? Absolutely not! This is why iPhone is where it is. This is what Google is trying to accomplish here. Optimized specs for Google's software. Yes, its not the S800 quad-core 2.6GHZ with 5 gb of ram. So freakin' what?! The phone works! That Samcrap lag is gone! And on top of it, you get the benefits of an Android which is a more capable OS then iOS.

People really need to stop ********.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Does me no favors because I already know there are far better phones out right now for less. Do yourself a favor and understand that.

But, that's simply downright wrong. That's what you need to understand.

The X does things other phones cannot do. The X is a game changing device, throwing out the notion the the highest specs mean the highest quality device. Motorola is trying to help you understand this, but for you it seems ignorance is bliss.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
But, that's simply downright wrong. That's what you need to understand.

The X does things other phones cannot do. The X is a game changing device, throwing out the notion the the highest specs mean the highest quality device. Motorola is trying to help you understand this, but for you it seems ignorance is bliss.

Lol you do write like captain kirk! Love the drama. Lol.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Lol you do write like captain kirk! Love the drama. Lol.

You've added nothing to the discussion or the topic at hand.

Well handled.

u7y5y5ar.jpg

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
He's a hundred times a better contributor here than you are and understands mobile hardware and software unlike yourself.

'ppreciate that!

I do hope Moto continues making devices like this, if not just to watch the forums implode lol.

Last edited:

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

If you're seeing some unspoken implication, that speaks more to your feelings than mine. You might find this hard to believe, but you don't know me and don't have the ability to read my mind.I really don't see any intelligence to insult. I like the X, i just like a different phone better. My contract with Verizon ended some time ago and I could leave any time I want. There is an AT&T store that is about a 3 minute walk from where I live. AT&T has very good coverage where I live. If I wanted to buy an X, I would buy an X, regardless of what you and your "intelligence" believe. I went to that AT&T store today with a friend to buy an X and showed her how to customize it. My sister is unhappy with her GS3 and I recommended to her that she wait until November and get a customized X from Verizon. That's what I think of the X.
And what responses are you judging? The many many responses telling about their experiences with salespeople(which is what this tread is about) or the 1 or 2 from someone who has been following me from thread to thread accusing every thing I say of being a precursor to Satan ruling the earth?
The thing I hate about posts like yours is that it demonstrates the ignorance that pollutes an otherwise terrific site.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
And what responses are you judging? The many many responses telling about their experiences with salespeople(which is what this tread is about) or the 1 or 2 from someone who has been following me from thread to thread accusing every thing I say of being a precursor to Satan ruling the earth?

I called you out for creating thread after thread of your insisting how everything has gone wrong with the Moto X. Apparently people agreed with my questioning you judging by the reception of my post. Mind you, I've responded to you in merely two threads.

If you can't hold a reasonable discussion without freaking out and flying off the rails whilst attacking other members, maybe the forums aren't for you.

The thing I hate about posts like yours is that it demonstrates the ignorance that pollutes an otherwise terrific site.

The thing I hate about users like you is that when you're questioned or challenged, you whine how you're being attacked or stalked rather than conducting yourself with any form of maturity.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I called you out for creating thread after thread of your insisting how everything has gone wrong with the Moto X. Apparently people agreed with my questioning you judging by the reception of my post. Mind you, I've responded to you in merely two threads.

If you can't hold a reasonable discussion without freaking out and flying off the rails whilst attacking other members, maybe the forums aren't for you.

The thing I hate about users like you is that when you're questioned or challenged, you whine how you're being attacked or stalked rather than conducting yourself with any form of maturity.

I created one thread that i've already admitted was an overreaction(the google is the new apple thread)
My second thread...there was news about a delay. I posted 5 words and a link to the news and then you came in and accused me of saying the sky was falling. You read into those 5 words about 100 times more than was ever there and was ever meant to be there. It was a post about a delayed feature. Period. Not a declaration the Moto X will fail or anything ridiculous that you claimed it to be.
Go back and read this thread. Start from my post. Read about my story of dealing with a salesperson. Then read the responses. Others where chiming in with stories of their dealings with salespeople. That's what the thread was about. People were picking up on that and relaying there stories. Then look what happened to the thread after you came in and posted. If you wanna question who does and doesn't belong in the forums, you need to start with the guy in the mirror.
I can hold a reasonable discussion. I have yet to freak out about anything. I'm quite calm. Your problem is that you've disregarded what I've actually said and decided for yourself what you think my words mean. You overreact to anything I post and then accuse me of saying things that I never said, never implied, never even thought.
The thing I hate about users like you is that you want to put your own words in people's mouths that way you can feel superior and "more mature" when in fact there is nothing mature about what you say or do. Show me one post where I said everything is wrong with the Moto X. You can't do it because it only happened in your mind.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Agreed the reaction to this thread speaks volumes over any protests of sincerity or claims of altruism he chooses to make. Not to mention a habit of making prior negative posts about a device supposedly not wanted.

If you or I were the only ones calling him out on it he might have a case, albeit a flimsy one, but pretty much everyone has.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a good point to close this, the thread is well enough derailed already. Feel free to message me with any thoughts or concerns if you would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000