08-23-2014 10:53 AM
445 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Have you tried turning off the option for "Use WiFi & GPS For Location"? Apparently there's a bug with that right now that's causing excessive idle drain...(from what I saw over at XDA).
    ? I can't find that on xda. I have it enabled and am getting 6-8 hours of screen time a day.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-07-2013 08:04 PM
    Great battery life for me compared to the HTC One and GS4.

5-6 hours of screen time with 20 plus hours off the charger.

Attachment 79883
    09-07-2013 08:09 PM
    Great battery life for me compared to the HTC One and GS4.

5-6 hours of screen time with 20 plus hours off the charger.

Attachment 79883
    I was lucky to get 4-5 on my gs4. Terrible experience that thing was. Awesome camera though.

09-07-2013 08:11 PM
    ? I can't find that on xda. I have it enabled and am getting 6-8 hours of screen time a day.

I get double that with my MAXX

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
    09-07-2013 08:14 PM

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX
    You better. Anything that huge and heavy should be great with battery life. What's wrong? Nothing but crickets chirping in the droid forums again?

09-07-2013 08:19 PM

How is your battery life - Page 13 - xda-developers

It's mentioned there...but I swear I saw it somewhere else as well, and now I can't seem to find it. The other mention of it seemed to indicate that it was a known issue.
    09-07-2013 08:47 PM
    i have only charged the phone once since ive had it, im conditioning the battery so it doesnt look like its going to die tonight. as you can see i dont do much with it. as for the screen, i set it less than half an inch before the end that way i have some brightness in the light. overall, such an amazing fast phone. i have the stock black one and it feels great to the touch. seriously, this is how every android phone should be going forward. my only fear is that i will fall in love with the next nexus (at this point, hoping its a motorola)

Attachment 79905
    09-07-2013 10:39 PM
    Good. You're supposed to get twice the battery life of the Moto X with your MAXX.

Aquila and jephanie like this.
    09-07-2013 11:06 PM
    I wish I was getting a better than average battery life :-( The good news is, that I will be using the moto x as a back up phone to the new nexus 5. I've done everything that has been suggested on having a longer battery life, and still no dice. It is what it is I guess.
    09-08-2013 10:09 AM
    The good news is, that I will be using the moto x as a back up phone to the new nexus 5.
    Me too. I was going to eBay it after the nexus 5 comes out but I have become more attached to my moto x than any other phone that I have had before (excluding nexus) of course.

09-08-2013 10:35 AM
    Well, mine still drains at 3% on standby at a minimum. Sometimes it is 6%+.... That is not acceptable.

I have tried cache clear, hard reset, and all kinds of different settings. Today it is going back.
    09-08-2013 12:12 PM
    Well, mine still drains at 3% on standby at a minimum. Sometimes it is 6%+.... That is not acceptable.

I have tried cache clear, hard reset, and all kinds of different settings. Today it is going back.
    Yep lots of folks have the high idle drain problem. It's unfortunate.

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-
    09-08-2013 12:15 PM
    Yep lots of folks have the high idle drain problem. It's unfortunate.

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-
    That is the only thing really wrong. I don't want to return but my 14 days is about up. I might rebuy later if they fix.
    09-08-2013 12:18 PM
    I'm on my third charge now, and the battery appears to "fix itself" quite a bit. It will drop to 87, I wont touch the phone for an hour, when I pick it up again 91. The battery life on this thing is a beast

Right now i'm at 80% battery, 10hours off charger, 52 mins of voice calls 50 mins on screen time. This is all I want out of a smartphone.

EDIT - for those wondering about high android use, I believe the main culprit to be traffic / weather tracking on google now.
    09-08-2013 08:08 PM
    Yeah, I had such bad battery life, I had to return it. When the tech took control of my phone, he downloaded 6 apps, over my wifi, it drained 4% downloading and installing those apps.

The phone was great, but the battery was just plain flat out bad.
    09-08-2013 08:14 PM
    This phone has outstanding battery life. Here is over 7 hours screen time.

Moto X Battery Life-screenshot_2013-09-08-21-34-58.png
    Paisley likes this.
    09-08-2013 09:55 PM
    That's why I don't post mine anymore. I go 6-8 hours screen time everyday with my moto x but every time I post screen shots people get all argumentative.... So I stopped posting them.

09-08-2013 11:27 PM
    im not sure how i feel about battery life anymore. dont get me wrong, its an amazing, fast phone. its just beautiful and the best android phone.....but the battery life is starting to take a toll on me to where i know i have to charge it midday to make it last til night time when i get home. im going to give it a few more days as i only had it for the weekend with minimal use. its during the weekdays @ school/work is when i will really know how this will last me. currently its @ 51% on 19hrs running time. even if i end up getting rid of this...i wont know what to get as i dont want to go back to s4. i dont care for htc. i dont like the new droids, esp the ultra. so IFFFF i have to switch it may be the ultra maxx. $100 more for longer battery and memory. unless the next nexus can be the true savior and hopefully solve this issue. i can last another month or 2. le sigh
    09-09-2013 01:36 PM
    so it's down to 51% after 19 hrs but you have to charge it every day at noon? I take it you use it all night?
    09-09-2013 01:43 PM
    im not sure how i feel about battery life anymore. dont get me wrong, its an amazing, fast phone. its just beautiful and the best android phone.....but the battery life is starting to take a toll on me to where i know i have to charge it midday to make it last til night time when i get home. im going to give it a few more days as i only had it for the weekend with minimal use. its during the weekdays @ school/work is when i will really know how this will last me. currently its @ 51% on 19hrs running time. even if i end up getting rid of this...i wont know what to get as i dont want to go back to s4. i dont care for htc. i dont like the new droids, esp the ultra. so IFFFF i have to switch it may be the ultra maxx. $100 more for longer battery and memory. unless the next nexus can be the true savior and hopefully solve this issue. i can last another month or 2. le sigh
    do you mean 9 waking hours maybe? cuz at 50% that would give you 38 hours.

and even at 9 hours @ 50% would be 18 hours hours awake, which is pretty good. From what i understand, people aren't getting that from either the HTC or the S4.
    jephanie likes this.
    09-09-2013 02:03 PM
    so it's down to 51% after 19 hrs but you have to charge it every day at noon? I take it you use it all night?
    LOL....i just realized how that sounded. i fully charged it yesterday afternoon and barely used it til today. as i mentioned, this week will be the ultimate test. what i shouldve really done was charge it last night to start testing it this morning. (im trying to condition the battery, thats why i dont want to keep charging it for nothing) today will pretty much not count. i use the phone mostly throughout the day with minimum use @ night.

@ paisley99....the hrs the phone has given me so far is amazing. but because the phone/battery is still new, this wont last long after a few months. im afraid of it turning into my gnex where i had to charge it 2-3 times day after 6 months of use.
    Paisley likes this.
    09-09-2013 03:01 PM
    You don't need to condition Lithium Ion batteries. In fact, if you're doing a deep drain of it (down to below 20% or so), you're probably causing it harm. You should put it on charge as often as possible.
    Aquila and jephanie like this.
    09-09-2013 03:48 PM
    You don't need to condition Lithium Ion batteries. In fact, if you're doing a deep drain of it (down to below 20% or so), you're probably causing it harm. You should put it on charge as often as possible.
    Exactly.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    09-09-2013 03:59 PM
    Are you talking about only during initial battery charges? Because otherwise, I would exactly call going under 20% damaging your battery just as it isnt by going over 80%. Over hundreds of charges its optimal to keep the battery btwn 20-80% just to lengthen the battery life, but its not exactly damaging the battery to often have it go below 20%.

Or at least this is what I understand from battery university site, if someone knows otherwise, please chime in. If i have a choice and i'm home i do like to keep Li-ion batteries btwn 20 & 80, but it's not that big a deal if you go below 20. I mean heck, if you keep your battery from losing 10% more charge than you would if you used a battery according to your needs you still be better off than going 20/80.
    09-09-2013 04:06 PM
    Recently it's been recommended to keep them topped off as much as is reasonably possible.

XT1060. Through spacetime.
    09-09-2013 04:09 PM
445 ... 89101112 ...