08-23-2014 10:53 AM
445 ... 161718
tools
    Interesting find about android OS usage. While looking through data usage I discovered in 14days of having my phone. Android OS has used over 1GB of background data while on WiFi. Which would explain why most people have a higher android OS usage on WiFi. Now the problem is trying to find out why did android OS need 1GB of data.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    12-22-2013 08:56 PM
    Interesting find about android OS usage. While looking through data usage I discovered in 14days of having my phone. Android OS has used over 1GB of background data while on WiFi. Which would explain why most people have a higher android OS usage on WiFi. Now the problem is trying to find out why did android OS need 1GB of data.

Is it google plus uploading some large video/pics to the cloud? Would explain wifi only.
    12-23-2013 12:41 PM
    Is it google plus uploading some large video/pics to the cloud? Would explain wifi only.
    No I don't use G+ I have it disabled.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-23-2013 02:32 PM
    If you go into active display settings and select from which apps you want to receive notifications. Almost every app I had installed was checked off which might have happened during the update. I unchecked everything except phone, mail, text. I feel like android OS usage went down and battery is marginally better. The way i see it active display kept checking every app I have to look for a notification and kept the phone awake longer and more often.

What you describe is what seemed to be happening to mine and yes I did that when I setup the phone originally and I just checked those settings and it is still on the same settings as it was before the update. - It may have been that because after I uninstalled the updates for google play, active display, and removed twitter my battery life has improved and is closer to what it was.. after testing for a few days.
    12-24-2013 01:04 PM
    I didn't charge my phone overnight this past night. When I set it down it was at 62% I woke up around 7 it was at 42% but then I woke up 2 hours late and it was at 40% ?

Its been on WiFi all night also.

Attached Thumbnails Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1387909719011.jpg  
    12-24-2013 01:28 PM
    I didn't charge my phone overnight this past night. When I set it down it was at 62% I woke up around 7 it was at 42% but then I woke up 2 hours late and it was at 40% ?

Its been on WiFi all night also.

After the latest update, my phone kept getting hot and battery was draining. I had to disable the Android location feature. Can't for the life of me remember where it is and what it's called but I think it's a location service that let's you find your phone if lost. It was constantly accessing my gps if I remember correctly. I disabled it and battery went back to normal.

12-24-2013 03:17 PM
    After the latest update, my phone kept getting hot and battery was draining. I had to disable the Android location feature. Can't for the life of me remember where it is and what it's called but I think it's a location service that let's you find your phone if lost. It was constantly accessing my gps if I remember correctly. I disabled it and battery went back to normal.

I have my phone I'm battery saving for location mode. I also have the Android device manger(the lost feature google thing) is on, and so is the Motorola one.

12-24-2013 03:52 PM
    I have my phone I'm battery saving for location mode. I also have the Android device manger(the lost feature google thing) is on, and so is the Motorola one.

That's what it was. Android device manager was killing my battery

12-24-2013 04:20 PM
    We have both of our M.Xs set up with it and are not having any battery issues to date! Chris
    12-24-2013 05:19 PM
    Followed the advice posted on here about reducing the apps that Active Notifications checks on right after buying my Pebble Watch. Was worried the addition of Bluetooth being constantly on would reduce my already not-so-hot battery life. This is the third night in a row that my battery has been this good. Have owned the X since September.

Great advice! Merry Christmas you guys.

Sent from my Moto X using the Internets
    12-25-2013 05:40 AM
    OK, we are onto something here. At the top of the Manage notification types screen is a check box for "Automatically select downloaded apps"! With this checked every app you load gets turned on for notification.

I just unchecked that and a couple more apps. So I now have Alaska Air App(we are flying Friday), Calendar, Gmail, Messaging, Phone, and Voicemail. If one has gobs of apps checked, then that might keep the Android system busy all the time. Setting, Active Display, Manage notification types.

I will put a screen shoot up in the next post. Chris
    12-25-2013 08:11 AM
    Screen shot.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Moto X Battery Life-1387977175192.jpg  
    12-25-2013 08:13 AM
    How is your standby time ? Mine is pretty horrible.

Over night my phone dropped a little over 20% the other night. Is that bad ?

People have been saying that they don't need to charge their phone at night cause by morning there is still enough battery to wake them up in the morning. I don't know.

I just think mine is horrible. I don't have screenshot cause I didn't leave it uncharged last night, but last time I did it had a couple of wake ups but they were small but there was a couple. Enough to drop 20% ? Help please ?

12-26-2013 05:04 PM
    I usually charge each morning. Phone is 30-60% after 24 hours, depending on use. Chris
    12-26-2013 05:17 PM

People have been saying that they don't need to charge their phone at night cause by morning there is still enough battery to wake them up in the morning. I don't know.

I just think mine is horrible. I don't have screenshot cause I didn't leave it uncharged last night, but last time I did it had a couple of wake ups but they were small but there was a couple. Enough to drop 20% ? Help please ?

Very simple for me I put air plane mode on at night and my battery does not drain ,when I sleep I don't like to be bothered with stupid notifications or someone calls a wrong number it can wait till the morning ,plus side is my battery don't drain at night
    12-26-2013 09:39 PM

Yeah, that's high for sure unless you're sleeping 12 hours or something.

12-26-2013 10:43 PM
    Yeah, that's high for sure unless you're sleeping 12 hours or something.

Yea I don't sleep that much. Do you think it can be from me laying on it. I wake up sometimes and its really hot, I assume from my body giving off heat.

12-26-2013 10:45 PM
    Personal best for light - medium use.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    03-10-2014 10:39 AM
    Just thought I would share how the battery life with the Moto X is so far. 30 minutes of on screen time, battery saver not enabled. Two email accounts syncing along with the usual social networks. I get good LTE reception where I am now so I am sure that helps. Early thoughts are that this phone has great battery stamina. Especially frugal when it is in standby.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    I keep wifi off, bluetooth on, full LTE and I can get a day out of my battery. The interesting thing is for the past week, I have been doing a lot of battery trial tests on different display settings. By default though , whenever I'm GPS ing in my car, the phone is on the car charger. I must say between kit Kat and the battery in this phone is a beast. Like other post have said, it's easily to handle looks great and performs extremely well with applications.

03-10-2014 06:11 PM
    It is about one month that i bought my Moto X. It is great in every aspect but recently something strange about the battery life happens for me. when the battery percentage goes about 15-20% suddenly when my phone is in standby it jumps below 10%. and something more strange is that today when i unplug my Moto X from charger it was charged about 94% but after ten minutes that it was unplugged suddenly it shows 100% for battery percentage!!!
    does someone else experienced this situation?
    I am so confused about that...
    08-23-2014 10:53 AM
445 ... 161718