08-23-2014 09:53 AM
445 1234 ...
tools
    Going good for me here is mine got it Saturday so 3days now I am getting about 20 plus hrs

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1377547178213.jpg  
    08-26-2013 02:59 PM
    Battery life on my second Moto X is better than the first one that I've returned. Both were set up exactly the same way, but the first one would drain the battery down about 5% an hour when doing nothing. The second one is about half of that (2.6% an hour). Dont know what would cause the difference either!
    hounddogdaddy likes this.
    08-26-2013 03:14 PM
    This is with screen on time of 2:50. Wifi and bluetooth always on. Should i be worried that battery percentage app is at 11% though?

Moto X Battery Life-screenshot_2013-08-27-10-48-42.png
    08-27-2013 12:54 PM
    Here's a set of activity logs; with routine use on workdays I'm getting about 16 hours or so. On my day off, when I tend to do my reading on a tablet, battery life is much better.
    Thats perfect for me. I sleep a full 8 hours a night, so I can def. go 24 hours without charging if it gives me 16 full waking hours.
    08-27-2013 12:59 PM
    This is with screen on time of 2:50. Wifi and bluetooth always on. Should i be worried that battery percentage app is at 11% though?
    You Battery Percentage app may not be doing constant checks of the system to see how much battery is left. It may be set up to do a periodic poll so that it doesn't drain your battery.
    08-27-2013 02:23 PM
    Yes. 11% for an app that should do so little is high.

Surprised that wifi is so high. I leave wifi (always on option) and bluetooth on for my GNex and both stay at or less then 5%.
    08-28-2013 07:28 AM
    Users that are getting 16+ hours - what is your screen brightness set at?

Posted via Android Central App
    08-28-2013 08:42 AM
    I'm starting to get a little concerned. I have the maxx now ( upgraded last week) but really want the X. I cannot stand worrying about my battery throughout the day. Reports are starting to be a little more negative regarding battery numbers. Ughhh I like the maxx but really want the onscreen buttons. Decisions decisions

08-28-2013 08:52 AM
    Since the X uses a AMOLED screen, I think that users with longer usage numbers are using a combination of mostly black wallpapers, low/medium brightness and are taking full advantage of the active display notifications. From what I am seeing it looks like this phone will get better battery life than my Bionic with the Extended Battery so it sounds great to me.
    08-28-2013 09:05 AM
    I'm starting to get a little concerned. I have the maxx now ( upgraded last week) but really want the X. I cannot stand worrying about my battery throughout the day. Reports are starting to be a little more negative regarding battery numbers. Ughhh I like the maxx but really want the onscreen buttons. Decisions decisions

I am also using a Maxx and the battery is lasting me 24-36 hours with over 10 hours screen time with at least 20% left when I plug in for the night. I would love to see screen shots of moto x screen times. I am reading between 3-5 hours of screen time between charges. If that's true then yes the iPhone, gs4 and HTC all out last the moto x with their high end hardware and features. If I was careful I could squeeze 6 hours screen time out of my gs4, but my iPhone 5 could do 7 hours regularly. In my opinion until I see some real user data I would say that you will be taking a huge downgrade if you trade the maxx for a moto x. I am considering a Dev moto x but would need to hear something positive from moto users as far as battery times go. So far I have read negative disappointing numbers from real users.

Sent From My Droid Maxx
    08-28-2013 09:19 AM
    What a joke you people are you take the time to post a screen shot that doesnt tell us anything except Standby time, and then take the time to type - your screen on time! Why not post that pic! 30 minutes of screen on time and 25$ battery usage Sucks - Do the math that means 2 hours or less of Actual Screen on time per charge - Eactly what my POS Gnex gets and every other Android to date. So much for the 24 Hours of "Mixed Usage" Googlerola advertised
    08-28-2013 03:37 PM
    Post the screen on time! And what you should be worried about is the number you claimed! Which is pathetic So much for the 24 Hours of " Mixed Usage" Googlerola claimed and not one person called them out one. Mixed usage My *** They could have said - Time off Charger Usage means Usage not Standby!
    08-28-2013 03:41 PM
    My battery was at 15% after 25.5 hours. Screen on time was just over 5 hours. Half of the day was on WiFi and half was on LTE.

Sent from my Moto X
    Attached Thumbnails Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1377723066708.jpg   Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1377723085028.jpg  
    Paisley and qnet like this.
    08-28-2013 03:54 PM
    I think that Phil and other reviewers did an excellent job of pointing out that pure on screen time is not the oranges to oranges comparison that it seems to be, especially with these active notification devices. If you use something differently, a different metric might be needed that captures what both have in common for total usage. Realistically, if you wake up, pull it off the charger, do everything you need/want to do, get home and when you put it back on the charger it's still at 30-50%... it's doing it's job.
    08-28-2013 03:55 PM
    Post the screen on time! And what you should be worried about is the number you claimed! Which is pathetic So much for the 24 Hours of " Mixed Usage" Googlerola claimed and not one person called them out one. Mixed usage My *** They could have said - Time off Charger Usage means Usage not Standby!
    Yes, that is important but it only captures a fraction of the situation. This is the first phone that actually gives you information that you need without turning on the phone or even its screen.

That means that you can spend days just checking your time and managing your notifications because you'd never have to turn on your phone. Other phones would have to fully turn on the screen and spend time opening the phone to check your notifications. The Moto X legitimately gives a method of using the phone that throws the conventional battery comparisons out the window.

That said, if you have the phone on and surfing the internet or playing games you are bypassing the Moto X's best battery saving features. That said, most people are easily getting full waking hours battery life with many hours of on screen time, so overall I'm not to concerned.
    08-28-2013 04:09 PM
    What a joke you people are you take the time to post a screen shot that doesnt tell us anything except Standby time, and then take the time to type - your screen on time! Why not post that pic! 30 minutes of screen on time and 25$ battery usage Sucks - Do the math that means 2 hours or less of Actual Screen on time per charge.
    Yeah, but if you extrapolate it out the way you are you get 2 hours of screen time and 40 hours total. That's way more than 24 hours. The screen shot from the OP is actually close to what I have on my S4 right now. I have a half hour of screen time and 11 hours total. However, I don't have the always on voice recognition, active notifications and assist running all the time, either. I've also done some battery life optimization with limiting syncing.

To get super high screen time on any phone you have to use it a lot. The more you use the screen the more screen time you'll get. Consider that if you don't use the screen at all your battery will eventually drain and you'd get no screen time. This will happen with every phone that is able to do anything when idle (I'd hope that mine would at least get phone calls and texts). So if you go the opposite way, and use the screen as much as possible much less of the battery will go towards idle time functions because the phone won't be on anywhere near as long but your screen on time will be way longer. One of the selling points of the Moto X is that it can do a bunch of stuff while idle and not destroy the battery. So you get at least as good of battery life as other phones, but it does more while idle.
    Deron Baker likes this.
    08-28-2013 04:19 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-27-10-48-42.png 
Views:	283 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	78253
    uninstall that battery percent app and find an alternative. thats killing your battery
    Aquila likes this.
    08-28-2013 05:03 PM
    My Gnex lasts 8 hours on WiFi. I want to burn it in a bucket of gasoline as soon as I get my next phone. The Gnex was a gigantic turd that most every site bragged was so friggin' awesome simply because it was a Nexus. Maybe the GSM version isn't as bad but the Verizon version sucks more than a White House intern.
    I realize everyone's usage is different, but seriously dude, you probably have some nasty rogue apps running. Here's my VZW GNex as of right now, on WiFi most of the day other than for literally 10 minutes. Things aren't even tweaked as well as they could be (look at those crazy partial wake locks) from my last dirty flash to roll back onto CM10 from CM10.1.

Attachment 78472 Attachment 78473 Attachment 78474 Attachment 78475
    08-28-2013 05:47 PM
    Screen on time around 2.5 hours. Not too shabby.

Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1377745251731.jpg

Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1377745274590.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    aaf7711 likes this.
    08-28-2013 10:01 PM
    GNex gets 1.75 hours of screen on in 8 hours total use when playing a graphics intensive game (asphalt 8) for 1.5 hours. It gets 11-17 hours in my "normal" usage (usually averages closer to 13-14), of which is 2-3 hours screen on and the rest idling, depending on signal strengths, etc. For simplicity we'll call it 2.5 out of 13.

That last photo showing 2 hours 38 minutes is on track to hit a little over 3 hours and 15 minutes screen on out of a full 100% in a 21 hour day. This is a 30% increase in screen on and 62% increase in total usage time.

The battery in the GNex is either 1800 or 1850mAH, while the X is 2200mAH, an increase of 19% (from the 1850) to 20% (from the 1800). So for a 19% or 20% larger battery, it's also more efficient, in that it's getting 30% more screen on and 62% more total usage time based on the AT&T customer's post. And that's before taking into account any changes in usage based on active notifications, etc.

% increase calculated as (new-old)/(old)
    08-28-2013 11:51 PM
    Realistically, if you wake up, pull it off the charger, do everything you need/want to do, get home and when you put it back on the charger it's still at 30-50%... it's doing it's job.
    This is all I'm looking for. A phone that can keep up with my wife's iPhone. No more swapping out batteries.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    Aquila likes this.
    08-29-2013 12:27 AM
    Not bad..

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-29-2013 01:36 PM
    This had to be the stupidest reply ever in annals of Forum replies!
    "That means that you can spend days just checking your time and managing your notifications because you'd never have to turn on your phone."
    Well thats just amazing, I can Look at a clock and notifications, But god forbid I act on one and Turn on my phone!

First off, if you think having the clock and notifications on all the time wont drain your battery, you are delusional. Will they drain as much as turning on the whole screen for the few seconds it takes, Probably not, But since they are on ALMOST ALL OF THE TIME, It will more than make up for it and in the end, do just as much battery drain. Same goes for the Always Listening mode!
    You people actually think Googlerola Reinvented the Wheel almost overnight, Drink the Kool-Aide much?

And then there was this, Think before typing response....
    "That said, if you have the phone on and surfing the internet or playing games you are bypassing the Moto X's best battery saving features"
    So if I actually use my phone as anything more than a clock, Imagine somebody doing that. I am defeating Googlerolas Secret weapon in Battery Drain - Which Is Don't use your Phone, keep it off!
    You are a Genius Gump!
    08-29-2013 07:13 PM
    Impressive! 2H 50M screen on time and 21 hours of standby
    So basically it;s no better then My Gnex or any other Android Phone.
    People, Standby time doesn't matter, Seriously! Post your screen-on time Pics not the Battery % pic
    If i put my Gnex in a drawer and never turn it on I get like 8 Days of standby, What good is that?
    08-29-2013 07:28 PM
    Another World class Stupid post!
    What can you do when the phone is idle?
    Check the time? See a notification? Impressive And you never act on them? I can check my notifications in 2 seconds which uses much less battery time then the screen always being on. I bought a phone to use, not to look at a clock.

"To get super high screen time on any phone you have to use it a lot. The more you use the screen the more screen time you'll get. " I have no idea WTF you are talking about there, Again I didnt buy a phone to leave it in standby.

And then you told us you have disabled all the new features.
    " I don't have the always on voice recognition, active notifications and assist running all the time, either. I've also done some battery life optimization with limiting syncing."
    Googlerola Claimed 24 hours of Mixed Usage with everything enabled. So what's your point? The fact that their "Mixed Usage" includes 20+ Hours of standby is just gravy!
    08-29-2013 07:37 PM
445 1234 ...