08-23-2014 10:53 AM
445 ... 34567 ...
tools
    So what you're saying is I should stop complaining?
    Not at all. I'm converting usage to a projection. Mine hasn't arrived yet and I'm stacking observations to manage my expectations, as well as trying to help people who see your stats understand what it would mean for them. I appreciate your posts.

Nexus. Through spacetime.
    09-01-2013 09:10 PM
    Not at all. I'm converting usage to a projection. Mine hasn't arrived yet and I'm stacking observations to manage my expectations, as well as trying to help people who see your stats understand what it would mean for them. I appreciate your posts.

Nexus. Through spacetime.
    I love the phone and since I have a desk job I can easily charge it. I would like to get around 4 hours of screen time and around 18 hours of total time. I would be happy with that. I'm going to keep monitoring my usage and see how the battery lasts. Also I should add that I've had battery saver on today so that's another reason why I'm not really happy with the results.
    Aquila likes this.
    09-01-2013 09:13 PM
    very light use (some browsing, texting, few calls, around 20mins of streaming google music), only on LTE (Verizon) and maybe 2 hours on 3G
    Brightness at 50%
    Attachment 79039
    Attachment 79040
    So, just to clarify, you're saying you didn't have it connected to WiFi for any of that usage? If so...that's...awesome...and exactly the kind of stats I've been waiting to see. That tells me that this thing maybe doesn't just sit and drain battery when on LTE
    09-01-2013 09:52 PM
    So, just to clarify, you're saying you didn't have it connected to WiFi for any of that usage? If so...that's...awesome...and exactly the kind of stats I've been waiting to see. That tells me that this thing maybe doesn't just sit and drain battery when on LTE
    Yes, I was not connected to WiFi network at all, even though my WiFi radio was turned on for the first day.
    I was also worried about LTE draining battery (like my old GNex) but it seems like they've done a great job with optimizing Moto X even for Verizon.
    jephanie and hockeydude35 like this.
    09-01-2013 10:22 PM
    Not impressed at all today. It's day two, down to 40% in 13 hours, but only 1.5 hours of screen time. Phone sat on Wifi part of the day, 4GLTE half of the day, streamed some bluetooth music for 20 minutes taking my son to work.

I don't see getting more than 3 hours of screen time, which is just what my GSIII got.
    09-02-2013 12:59 AM
    Definitely excellent battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1378098316452.jpg  
    09-02-2013 01:05 AM
    Yesterday, my third day with the phone when I went to bed 41 percent battery, 16 hours on with 2 hr 13 min screen on time.
    09-02-2013 07:50 AM
    very light use (some browsing, texting, few calls, around 20mins of streaming google music), only on LTE (Verizon) and maybe 2 hours on 3G
    Brightness at 50%
    Attachment 79039
    Attachment 79040
    Why is "android OS" usage so high on this phone? Notice it in tons of screenshots. Way higher than I ever saw on GS4 or HTC One.

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-
    09-02-2013 07:50 AM
    Idle drain on the X is not great whether on WiFi or LTE. I lose about 10% overnight. GS4 and HTC One were closer to 3% overnight.

Other people also reported in the range of 1% pet per hour idle drain.

Is that bad in an absolute sense? No. But it's high compared to other recent phones.

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-
    09-02-2013 07:54 AM
    Not impressed at all today. It's day two, down to 40% in 13 hours, but only 1.5 hours of screen time. Phone sat on Wifi part of the day, 4GLTE half of the day, streamed some bluetooth music for 20 minutes taking my son to work.

I don't see getting more than 3 hours of screen time, which is just what my GSIII got.
    Same here. I get about 2 hours on screen time and that's only if I stop using my browser or watch videos because my battery drains 1% every minute or so if I do browse or watch bids (on 4g) and battery temps reach 103-110 degrees. Either going to exchange for another x or go with the HTC one

May I add I'm on my 3rd day and third full charge cycle and have not seen any improvements yet. My bsttery is 106 degrees right Now typing this with brightness at about 40% with everything turned off
    09-02-2013 02:01 PM
    I have my brightness on auto. Today, I am down to 87%, 4 hours in, 21 minutes of screen time. I am thinking this phone is going back to the store.
    09-02-2013 02:28 PM
    I recomed turning of google now and checking your android OS use after that. It seems like that is what wakes the phone up on my droidd maxx. Im seeing lots more battery life with it disabled.

EDIT - I also should point out this is my second droid maxx. My first one did not get as good of battery life as this new one is getting, after seeing so many inconsistancy reports on this forum im wondering if there was a bad batch of batteries.
    09-02-2013 02:43 PM
    Me too, going to exchange any day now. My phone gets really hot and I see my battery go down by the minute. I am nowhere near the 6-10 hours of on screen time i read people are getting on these threads. Besides that this phone is amazing its definitely worth a second Chance
    09-02-2013 03:04 PM

EDIT - I also should point out this is my second droid maxx.
    Do what now?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-02-2013 03:08 PM
    I have a droid maxx, which I am exchanging for a moto X. But since they are from the same supplier, could be an issue no?
    09-02-2013 03:09 PM
    Just to share.. Today's battery stats

On battery: 9hr 8min
    Screen on: 3hr 21min
    Remaining: 30%

Was on WiFi about half of that total time. Turned Google now off within the last two hours, battery seems to be draining a little more quickly than yesterday. I've easily been making it through a day, which wasn't happening with my S3.
    09-02-2013 07:04 PM
    Me too, going to exchange any day now. My phone gets really hot and I see my battery go down by the minute. I am nowhere near the 6-10 hours of on screen time i read people are getting on these threads. Besides that this phone is amazing its definitely worth a second Chance
    Have you checked to see if you have a rogue app preventing the phone from sleeping? All the hardware swapping in the world won't help if there's something wonky going on with app selection.
    09-02-2013 08:07 PM
    I have my brightness on auto. Today, I am down to 87%, 4 hours in, 21 minutes of screen time. I am thinking this phone is going back to the store.
    Keeping your usage constant, I understand that comes out to 2.7 hours of On-Screen time, but you realize that equates to 30 hours of on-battery time. I'd say that should be more than adequate even if you get your on-screen time up.
    09-02-2013 08:52 PM
    Wrong again. My maxx was doing 12+ hours of screen time and it still had plenty left. Heck I did 4 hours on my first moto x charge with 50% left.....

~ Sent from my Moto X ~
    He was boasting 12+ hours of screen on time when he had the Maxx. So boasting of 6-8 is actually a significant reduction.

Sent from a Droid Maxx.
    09-02-2013 08:59 PM
    He was boasting 12+ hours of screen on time when he had the Maxx. So boasting of 6-8 is actually a significant reduction.

Sent from a Droid Maxx.
    And its all true

09-02-2013 09:11 PM
    I have checked my apps. My battery life is just not good. Android System is the culprit today. 13 hours in, 70% is left, 39 whole minutes of screen time.

I would like to know how people are getting 5 hours of screen time. I plain flat out am calling it a lie created by fanbois. If that is offensive, then post a screen shot of this 5 hours of screen time with 50% battery left, post the list of installed apps, and how many hours of phone calls that was made.

If these screenies and stats do not get posted, then it's a confirmed lie.

This phone, if it is actually used will NOT get 5 hours of screen time. If any phone calls where made, then I suspect it will be 3-3.5 hours of screen time, and that will be with a dead battery.
    09-02-2013 09:50 PM
    I have checked my apps. My battery life is just not good. Android System is the culprit today. 13 hours in, 70% is left, 39 whole minutes of screen time.

I would like to know how people are getting 5 hours of screen time. I plain flat out am calling it a lie created by fanbois. If that is offensive, then post a screen shot of this 5 hours of screen time with 50% battery left, post the list of installed apps, and how many hours of phone calls that was made.

If these screenies and stats do not get posted, then it's a confirmed lie.

This phone, if it is actually used will NOT get 5 hours of screen time. If any phone calls where made, then I suspect it will be 3-3.5 hours of screen time, and that will be with a dead battery.
    Hey I am doing 6-8 screen time for the fourth charge in a row. Everything on except Bluetooth. I don't give a crap if you believe it or not. No way I am going out of my way to prove anything to you after that rant. You either have a defective moto x, don't know what your doing or a little of both. Take it back and get a maxx. The moto x is too complicated for you.

09-02-2013 10:00 PM
    Here is my time so far today with about 1 hour of screen time. I have WiFi and Bluetooth on. Bluetooth was used in my car for about 30 minutes. 39 minutes talking.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    Attached Thumbnails Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1378173636893.jpg  
    Paisley likes this.
    09-02-2013 10:00 PM
    Any chance you'd be willing to use it JUST on LTE for a day? I'm curious how that will affect your battery life, seeing as you appear to be on WiFi the entire time.
    Here are my screen shots for today's battery test. I was on LTE all day and never used WiFi once.

Sent from my Moto X
    Attached Thumbnails Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1378176353405.jpg   Moto X Battery Life-uploadfromtaptalk1378176397008.jpg  
    09-02-2013 10:47 PM
    Here are my screen shots for today's battery test. I was on LTE all day and never used WiFi once.

Sent from my Moto X
    Very nice and there you go, that's an easy 6 hour screen time if you kept going. While there are a few that can't believe it there are a lot that are doing it. Thanks for posting , your times look similar to mine. Tomorrow I start a week of almost full time LTE. I would be surprised if I had a day of less than 6 hours screen time. I haven't yet .

hockeydude35 likes this.
    09-02-2013 10:54 PM
445 ... 34567 ...