Moto X Battery Life

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Stats from yesterday. Total time does not include the 8 hours I had it turned off at work,the on screen time seems to be what I have been averaging.

Seems like about the norm with the way most people use the phone. 3 hours screen time equals about 20-21 standby and 4 hours screen time gets you about 16-17 standby. Should get most people thru a day most of the time.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Just checked mine and I'm on pace for 3 hours screen and 18 standby. Better than some phones worse than others. But manageable

5y6ataga.jpg

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So do you think 2 to 3% drain with not touching the phone is acceptable?

Yes. It's still synching things in the background and still is locked on a cell signal. That requires some power. 2-3 pet hour is 33 to 50 hours of purely standby. Seems to use about 25% per hour on screen and 2-3 pet hour standby with no wifi. Rough numbers depending on what your doing and signal strength etc.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes. It's still synching things in the background and still is locked on a cell signal. That requires some power. 2-3 pet hour is 33 to 50 hours of purely standby. Seems to use about 25% per hour on screen and 2-3 pet hour standby with no wifi. Rough numbers depending on what your doing and signal strength etc.

I'll bet it can be improved upon, though. I lose about 2% per hour while idle on a Galaxy S4. You should be able to do better than that on a Moto X.

Rather than using auto sync, I'd look into using Llama and Synker to control your synching like in this thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...omation-apps-save-battery-one-works-best.html

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it can be improved some. I'm just talking about taking it out of the box, using the features that make the phone special like most are going to do.

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I have wifi running, Bluetooth on, NFC on, about 3 bars on signal...

timcr444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot_2013-09-04-10-46-46.pngScreenshot_2013-09-04-10-46-46.pngJust wondering if anyone knows what to make of these pics. I have no idea what the better battery stat is saying, but no matter what I do my android os is still so high. Thanks to all who take a look. Much appreciated.Screenshot_2013-09-04-10-45-46.png

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone knows what to make of these pics. I have no idea what the better battery stat is saying, but no matter what I do my android os is still so high. Thanks to all who take a look. Much appreciated.
Based on your signal strength and the fact you're stuck on 1x, your phone is struggling to maintain a signal. Yeah, your "Android OS" usage is going to be higher because of that fact. If this is at home, I'd look into another carrier. If this is at work, I'd keep that puppy on a charger!

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
If you want to read about some pretty decent user battery times for Moto X users try going to the Motorola Moto x forum hosted by Motorola. Some people on that forum are getting battery times of 6 plus hours screen time like I am.

Posted via Android Central App

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Based on your signal strength and the fact you're stuck on 1x, your phone is struggling to maintain a signal. Yeah, your "Android OS" usage is going to be higher because of that fact. If this is at home, I'd look into another carrier. If this is at work, I'd keep that puppy on a charger!

How can you tell his signal strength? I don't see it in those pics. What is "stuck on 1x"? This could be why my Moto X has such a pathetic battery life.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
How can you tell his signal strength? I don't see it in those pics. What is "stuck on 1x"? This could be why my Moto X has such a pathetic battery life.

1x is the Verizon equivalent of 2g, i.e. when you are in a spot that does not have 3g or LTE. Generally suggests you are in an area with weak coverage if you are only getting 1x.

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
1x is the Verizon equivalent of 2g, i.e. when you are in a spot that does not have 3g or LTE. Generally suggests you are in an area with weak coverage if you are only getting 1x.

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-

Damn, I have AT&T, my signal has been sick. I get a signal in elevators.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I think your problem might just be the battery in your device. Have you ever factory restored it? That might reset things and it would be interesting to see what kind of life you get. Especially before installing a bunch of apps. If that doesn't work then I would suggest an exchange rather then a complete abandonment of the phone because it sounds like you like the other aspects of it. So don't thrown in the towel just yet.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I think your problem might just be the battery in your device. Have you ever factory restored it? That might reset things and it would be interesting to see what kind of life you get. Especially before installing a bunch of apps. If that doesn't work then I would suggest an exchange rather then a complete abandonment of the phone because it sounds like you like the other aspects of it. So don't thrown in the towel just yet.

Seems pretty logical to me

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Day 1: On very sketchy 1x network inside a steel building for the last 6.5 hours, so it's fighting for signal.

Includes setting up the device (nova launcher, widgets, ringtones, etc, downloading apps (did that on 4G and Wifi (about half each) at the beginning of this period and massively playing with "Okay Google Now!", along with a couple dozen photos to play with the camera.

36% left.

8 h 38 m 18 s on battery
2 h 45 m 29 s screen on 48%
Andriod OS 18%
0 h 40 m 17 s Dots 13%

Everything else negligible.

Translates to 13.5 hours on battery with 4.3 hours screen on (assuming 1 hour total of Dots) with very terrible signal. Work shift is only 10-12 and I could be on a charger the whole time if I wanted.
This will easily get me through a work day when I'm not playing with it all day, but like I said, I could be on a charger. My assumption for a "normal" day is 15-16 hours with 4-5 hours screen time and easily 20+ hours on days I don't work and am either in LTE or on WiFi instead of in the signal trap I work in.

The kicker for me, I used to turn mobile data off on my old phone because it'd drain ridiculously fast and almost nothing was getting through. This has a much stronger signal and is deliberately kicking *** in the battery department.

anotherfiz

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
First discharge report. average at best , but not bad!

38% remaining, 8 hours off charger, 2hr 6min onscreen time, about 1 hour of playing audiobooks stored on SD card, about 30 minutes of navigation, most just fidgeting with the phone every few seconds...

Been off wifi all day for what it is worth. This seems to be pretty decent, but I think I can get more =P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz