Moto X Battery Life

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I am at 44% battery left, 23hr 6m on battery, 3hr 4m on screen time. To me that seems good.
View attachment 79766 View attachment 79767

That is phenomenal. I will miss this phone. I wish I had one that had that good of a battery..... Mine ended up being a lemon. I finally got in touch with the android department at Motorola (yes, they have one). He had me install an app, took over the phone remotely, and saw that my battery drain was excessive. VERY excessive.

If you guys are not getting 4-6 hours of screen time, you could also have a bad battery.

hockeydude35

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
That is phenomenal. I will miss this phone. I wish I had one that had that good of a battery..... Mine ended up being a lemon. I finally got in touch with the android department at Motorola (yes, they have one). He had me install an app, took over the phone remotely, and saw that my battery drain was excessive. VERY excessive.

If you guys are not getting 4-6 hours of screen time, you could also have a bad battery.

Have you tried turning off the option for "Use WiFi & GPS For Location"? Apparently there's a bug with that right now that's causing excessive idle drain...(from what I saw over at XDA).

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried turning off the option for "Use WiFi & GPS For Location"? Apparently there's a bug with that right now that's causing excessive idle drain...(from what I saw over at XDA).

? I can't find that on xda. I have it enabled and am getting 6-8 hours of screen time a day.

Posted via Android Central App

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I get double that with my MAXX

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

You better. Anything that huge and heavy should be great with battery life. What's wrong? Nothing but crickets chirping in the droid forums again?

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
i have only charged the phone once since ive had it, im conditioning the battery so it doesnt look like its going to die tonight. as you can see i dont do much with it. as for the screen, i set it less than half an inch before the end that way i have some brightness in the light. overall, such an amazing fast phone. i have the stock black one and it feels great to the touch. seriously, this is how every android phone should be going forward. my only fear is that i will fall in love with the next nexus (at this point, hoping its a motorola)

View attachment 79905

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I wish I was getting a better than average battery life :-( The good news is, that I will be using the moto x as a back up phone to the new nexus 5. I've done everything that has been suggested on having a longer battery life, and still no dice. It is what it is I guess.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
The good news is, that I will be using the moto x as a back up phone to the new nexus 5.

Me too. I was going to eBay it after the nexus 5 comes out but I have become more attached to my moto x than any other phone that I have had before (excluding nexus) of course.

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, mine still drains at 3% on standby at a minimum. Sometimes it is 6%+.... That is not acceptable.

I have tried cache clear, hard reset, and all kinds of different settings. Today it is going back.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, mine still drains at 3% on standby at a minimum. Sometimes it is 6%+.... That is not acceptable.

I have tried cache clear, hard reset, and all kinds of different settings. Today it is going back.

Yep lots of folks have the high idle drain problem. It's unfortunate.

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-

anotherfiz

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my third charge now, and the battery appears to "fix itself" quite a bit. It will drop to 87, I wont touch the phone for an hour, when I pick it up again 91. The battery life on this thing is a beast

Right now i'm at 80% battery, 10hours off charger, 52 mins of voice calls 50 mins on screen time. This is all I want out of a smartphone.

EDIT - for those wondering about high android use, I believe the main culprit to be traffic / weather tracking on google now.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I had such bad battery life, I had to return it. When the tech took control of my phone, he downloaded 6 apps, over my wifi, it drained 4% downloading and installing those apps.

The phone was great, but the battery was just plain flat out bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome