Moto X Battery Life

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I agree but yesterday was better. I'm on LTE today, WiFi yesterday.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

That's actually pretty close to what I'm getting on LTE. The goofy thing about the Moto X is the last 50 percent seems to last a lot longer than the first 50 percent. With my iPhone 5 the last 50 percent went almost twice as fast as the first 50 percent.

Posted via Android Central App

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I did a test today and left screen on all day. Currently at 5.5 hrs screen on and 60 percent batt left.

Ok, this is how battery life works for me on this phone. For daily use: text, emails, phone calls, using a work related app for around 2 hours screen time. I am averaging 5 hours total screen time during the day. If I use an app like a game continuous type use, I can reach 7 hours screen time. Not sure why it is different, but it is.

I personally believe with the active notifications and always listening google now etc.. The phone will just have a bit of drain throughout the day. Hence people not believing the battery life. For example: if a person goes all day and the battery goes down to 30% remaining with only 2 plus hours screen on time, they do not believe they can reach 5-7 hours of screen time. They can, but it needs to be somewhat continuous use.

This phone has better battery life with real usage of any phone I have ever owned, except the Droid Series Maxx phones.

Jason Ganley

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had my X for about a week now and I finally captured a full days use yesterday. Its pretty good for sure - 5 hours of screen time doing lots of app downloads, browsing, FB etc. and it went 16 hours. I was connected to WIFI all day though with BT off. This is easily enough to get me through a normal day, but I need to do a weekend test where I'm on 4g all day to make sure. The idle battery drain for me though seems weird. If I charge the phone and then unplug it before I go to sleep at night, it will go from 100 to 75 pct over 7 hours just sitting face down on my desk. The weird thing is that if I am using the phone, then the battery doesn't drain much faster. I tried turning off the active listening today to see if that made a difference, but it didn't. No apps in the background and I tried a factory reset to make sure it wasn't one of my apps. 'Android OS' is the main culprit in the stats, but I haven't been able to track that back to a specific setting and I've tried everything I can think of. Other than this issue, the battery seems great - but this issue can be a serious pain if I forget to charge my phone over night and its dead when I wake up. First screen shots are after 5 hours of nearly all idle time yesterday - the battery dropped 14% which is about 3% per hour. The bottom screen shots I took at the end of yesterday - I purposely started to drain the battery in the last few hours so I kept the screen on for almost 4 hours and the battery finally died around 9:30pm after 16 hours off the charger.

View attachment 80509View attachment 80510View attachment 80511

View attachment 80512View attachment 80513View attachment 80514

Raring

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
"Currently at 5.5 hrs screen on and 60 percent batt left. "

Geez! I'm on day two of my Moto X. I seem to get 12 hours (after my Droid Charge, this is an eternity).

My screen has been on less than 3 hours on this charge and I'm at 54%. 46m of voice calls. Oddly, my "Zillow" app consumed 9% and I haven't used it today. Is that a known battery hog?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
My screen has been on less than 3 hours on this charge and I'm at 54%. 46m of voice calls. Oddly, my "Zillow" app consumed 9% and I haven't used it today. Is that a known battery hog?

I have Zillow installed as well but has yet to show up in my battery stats. Maybe try uninstalling then reinstall the app.

Sent from my Moto X

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
happy to say battery life lasts anywhere between 15-20hrs on a daily basis. some days i use it more often than others and i have zero concerns of it lasting me til night time.

lets see how this will put up in 6 months. (unless i change phones beforehand, hint hint: nexus5)

jncryer

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Bought mine yesterday around 1pm, it had~58% battery when I got done booting it up. Throughout the day, I loaded all my apps/accounts, played with some stuff, and by 9pm that night, I was sitting at around ~40%. That was huge! when I set up my GS4 2 weeks earlier, Just the setup drained my battery by about 20%.

Anyways, today, I carried the MotoX all day, used it moderately (calls, texts, internet, flipboard, facebook, youtube.) Still under 2 hours of screen time, but 18 hours later I was sitting at 60%. My GS4 would be screaming for me to recharge soon with that usage. We'll see how it handles tomorrow - I've got a bigger day planned.

EDIT- Forgot I charged it for like 15 minutes about an hour ago. Either way: look at the usage. Without that flash charge, I'd still be at around 50%. Still pretty dang good. (Also - WIFI, GPS, active notifications, touchless control, and auto-brightness on ALL DAY because I hate taking time to change settings just because I left the house or went to a neighboring office...)

Attachments

• 2013-09-21 00.45.59.png
    2013-09-21 00.45.59.png
    114 KB · Views: 75
  • 2013-09-21 00.44.09.png
    2013-09-21 00.44.09.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 74

Skynet3132

Jul 15, 2010
www.scikotics.com
Well, did my first battery test. Moderate to heavy usage throughout the day and on WiFi the entire time, but had to make a couple long calls toward the evening which drained the rest basically. Overall its worlds different than my 4S. Not bad at all!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379758447816.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379758447816.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 70
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379758477251.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379758477251.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 75

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, did my first battery test. Moderate to heavy usage throughout the day and on WiFi the entire time, but had to make a couple long calls toward the evening which drained the rest basically. Overall its worlds different than my 4S. Not bad at all!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

Damned android OS bug rears it's ugly head yet again.

Sent from my HTC One mini

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Is 3ish hours screen time (vs. 5 on my original moto x) seem like a valid for an exchange? I have insurance and am still trying to figure out whether this is not an issue other than the phone, but after looking at 2 battery monitors it doesn’t seem anything is awry. Whaddya think?

Example of orig moto X:
25% of battery life left:, 20hours 35mins total time, 4 hours on screen time.

New one:
25% left: 6 hours 40 mins total time, 2 hours 39 mins on screen time

All the same apps, and always conservative refreshes on emails/weather (1 hour). Screen always set to dim.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Is 3ish hours screen time (vs. 5 on my original moto x) seem like a valid for an exchange? I have insurance and am still trying to figure out whether this is not an issue other than the phone, but after looking at 2 battery monitors it doesn’t seem anything is awry. Whaddya think?

Example of orig moto X:
25% of battery life left:, 20hours 35mins total time, 4 hours on screen time.

New one:
25% left: 6 hours 40 mins total time, 2 hours 39 mins on screen time

All the same apps, and always conservative refreshes on emails/weather (1 hour). Screen always set to dim.

That's a pretty significant change, I'd consider another exchange.

glamisfanatic

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Loving the battery life...I bought my gf the HTC one and I blow past her in battery life

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-21-05-07-51.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-21-05-07-51.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 60

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
That's a pretty significant change, I'd consider another exchange.

I think it's getting better now, today it's having a good day, maybe it was one of those things where it has to go for a few cycles before it gets it together. It's not what i had before, but it's not bad.43% left i'm on my 10th total hour + 40 mins all together, and 3 hours, 8 mins screen time. Phew! I really did not want to have to go through exchange drama. : )

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Got the X yesterday in a trade. Have to say I'm impressed with the battery life. I powered it on and it was at 97%. Set it up downloaded some apps and have been on it a decent amount. I have been on WiFi though for most of the time.

Screenshot_2013-09-24-13-24-40.png

Screenshot_2013-09-24-13-24-48.png

bazatpsu

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know why the AndroidOS is using so much more battery than the screen? It does the same on my X, but I've seen others on here where the screen consumes more.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know why the AndroidOS is using so much more battery than the screen? It does the same on my X, but I've seen others on here where the screen consumes more.

Mediaserver has been showing up high on my list. Double the amount of the Android OS over a 15 hour time frame.

EDIT: On further inspection, it looks like my primary Google account on the phone was doing a lot of syncing I'd prefer it not to do (Google Music, Google+, etc.). I unchecked those and hope that the Mediaserver behaves a little better going forward.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC