Moto X Battery Life

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I just use auto brightness. Unless the screen is on for a considerable time I wouldn't think a little tweak on that would make a major difference. In any event, one of the weaknesses of this device is the brightness (or lack of) of the Moto X screen, so I wouldn't dim it in favor of an hour or so of battery life

Evgeshais300

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I had slow weekend due to flu
Wi-Fi, BT = On
1hr total screen time.
Screenshot_2013-11-04-06-10-51.png

on the normal work day i plug it in at night with anywhere 40-60% battery remaining and 3-5hr of screen on time.

Beheima

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I would like to post a screenshot here but I don't know how to do it (new to the AC board and to android). Can anyone help me?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I would like to post a screenshot here but I don't know how to do it (new to the AC board and to android). Can anyone help me?

To take a screen shot hold the power button and volume down button at the same time for 1 second.

To post a picture, select reply then look for an icon that says 'Insert Image'. Select either an image stored on your computer or phone or paste a URL if the picture is hosted somewhere.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There is no option to insert a picture on the moto x

There is no option when to insert a picture using the chrome browser on your phone I dont think.
But I dont use the Chrome Browser when I view android central ,maybe somone knows who does.
As mentioned before I think you will have to use the Android central app in the playstore (its free) or tapatalk app.With either of those apps you will be able to post your screenshot on this forum :)

Chughes13xX

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
On average, I'm getting 5 hours of screen on time a day. What I do with my phone varies from day to day, but I'm very satisfied with its battery life.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I watched this thread before I bought mine. Battery life is very important to me. I almost went with the maxx because I was afraid the X with its small battery wouldnt make it through a day.

I wake up at 6 and hit the road, get home about 9 oclock. I used my phone allot today, nothing turned off. I even broke out the flashlight app a few times when I needed it at work. texts, calls, web surfing, etc. Since the phone is new I would say I was on it far more then normal today. Its nine o'clock now and the battery is at 21%. Screen time used the most battery, 39%. Plenty of juice left before I go to bed.

;)

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm still getting 20+ hours of battery life after heavy use. Great phone.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm new to Android and the MotoX. I am getting around 13-14hrs of usage which is plenty for me, I'm mostly on wifi and web browsing most of the day with auto brightness. I don't play games and listen to podcasts occasionally.

However (maybe I shouldn't look in this thread). I'd love to get 16-20+ hours. I have a stock ATT MotoX. What do you guys do to stretch battery life?

anon(79053)

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android and the MotoX. I am getting around 13-14hrs of usage which is plenty for me, I'm mostly on wifi and web browsing most of the day with auto brightness. I don't play games and listen to podcasts occasionally.

However (maybe I shouldn't look in this thread). I'd love to get 16-20+ hours. I have a stock ATT MotoX. What do you guys do to stretch battery life?

You may want to turn on Battery Saver mode. It will do less background syncing throughout the day.

aaf7711

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I am posting here but I couldn't figure out how to start a new post on this app... And this is some what related. This is my first post!

I have had my moto x for a week and I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this:

My moto x gets pretty warm while charging (not hot, but pretty warm, enough to make fingers sweaty).

I am not sure if this is expected or unusual, my last phone was a moto atrix 2 and never experienced this.

Thanks guys!

Posted via Android Central App

Mr Chow

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Can more people who actually make calls with their phones share battery life numbers? I think we seen enough from those who check facebook and twitter over wifi, I'd like to see some numbers from people who actually use their phones as phones and also use google now. I am really wanting to get this phone now that Moto Maker is coming to VZ but, coming from a Razr Maxx I don't know it I can take the chance on battery life.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Maybe go Maxx?
The battery is strong on the X and can get most people through a full day on a single charge.
If you think you are a power user compared to "most people" and you know that you will hate the phone if the battery does not last you for a full day, then don't take the risk. Get the Maxx.

The Moto X is strong enough in the battery department to go head to head with the galaxy s4, HTC one or iphone 5s. In fact, its probably a little bit better then the most popular phones.

But if you are REALLY battery hungry then the Maxx is a no brainer.

Mr Chow

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I think I am going to have to go Maxx. I really liked the idea of having some customization and color choices however, I have to have a phone last all day. Looks like I'll have to settle for ugly and awesome with an even uglier case.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I think I am going to have to go Maxx. I really liked the idea of having some customization and color choices however, I have to have a phone last all day. Looks like I'll have to settle for ugly and awesome with an even uglier case.

I personally think the Maxx is pretty sweet looking too. I like the kevlar pattern on the back. And the cnet reviewer sure seemed to love it. Gave it allot of stars.

I agonized over the decision. Battery life is very important to me. I do not really need it to last more then a day however, because at night my phone goes to charger and serves as my digital alarm clock. I was torn between both devices and the LG G2. . I ended up with X and didn't even get to customize it.

But all that stressing was for not, the X makes it all day every day for me, thank god. I am glad I didn't go G2, I would have never known what I was missing.

But I do not think you can go wrong with the X or the Maxx. Both have the always listening and that sweet "motorola assist" thing going on in the car.

I hope moto continues doing this stuff because I dread ever getting a phone that does not have the features of the X and the Maxx. There is no going back for me.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site

Hrmm, Be nice if there was someway you could test the X for a week and take it back if it didn't make it on the battery. Guess that not practical because of moto maker though.

Lucidlore

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Can more people who actually make calls with their phones share battery life numbers? I think we seen enough from those who check facebook and twitter over wifi, I'd like to see some numbers from people who actually use their phones as phones and also use google now. I am really wanting to get this phone now that Moto Maker is coming to VZ but, coming from a Razr Maxx I don't know it I can take the chance on battery life.

Making calls drains the battery less than surfing/using data. If that's all you use your moto x for I can't fathom why it wouldn't last you a full day.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. I chose the Maxx over the X and love it. Sure, it's not as good looking as the X, but I don't think it's ugly either. I actually love the Kevlar back on the Maxx. It prevents fingerprints and smudges and generally feels good in the hand. But the key, obviously, is the battery. I am generally not a heavy user, more medium user. But even on days when I am seemingly on my phone all day (text, talk, internet, music, etc.), I have never plugged in at the end of the day with less than 50%. I know, well then what's the point of the Maxx if I don't even use half the battery? I just like having the comfort to know that no matter what I do in a given day, my phone will make it through the entire day.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The display is the biggest battery hog. If people who are browsing facebook all day are getting a day's worth of battery life, you'll have no problem if you're just making calls.

Mr Chow

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Making calls drains the battery less than surfing/using data. If that's all you use your moto x for I can't fathom why it wouldn't last you a full day.

No it drains the battery more.. I am at 12 h 43 m right now with 20% battery. 29% is voice calls, 28% android os and 25% screen. On weekends when my cell phone is basically moth balled I'll get 24-30 before charging with google now running and my phone calls won't even register on usage. And I also have 3 email accounts syncing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney