Moto X Battery Life

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Do you all leave wifi and gps on all the time?

I leave GPS on all the time and toggle wifi as necessary. My phone easily lasts until I go to bed, and I'm rarely awake for 24 hours straight. I just charge the phone while I'm asleep. I've only killed the battery once since having a Moto X since the end of August (and that was after the phone was off the charger for 24+ hours and I forgot to plug it back before I went to bed).

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
gaju3e2e.jpg
geje6a8a.jpg
unajydam.jpg

I'm very pleased with this. I was on WiFi the whole time but this is still very good IMO.

mawells787

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has taken a dump since I installed the active notification update and SwiftKey update..... And by dump I mean I don't get a day and a half with 20% left anymore. Looking at the batt stats its obvious that the phone is awake much more than it used to be. I'm going to uninstall twitter (which I recently installed too even though sync is off) and see what happens.
Is there a wakelock detector that works with KK? I might have to root...didn't want to, was glad this phone performed like it was but wasn't...damn.

Edit: just uninstalled the active display update....Golly I hope it works

Posted via Android Central App

If you go into active display settings and select from which apps you want to receive notifications. Almost every app I had installed was checked off which might have happened during the update. I unchecked everything except phone, mail, text. I feel like android OS usage went down and battery is marginally better. The way i see it active display kept checking every app I have to look for a notification and kept the phone awake longer and more often.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I still have the phone shutting down at 10% battery remaining. I can live with it because I'm still getting great battery life, it's just very strange it is not reporting correctly.

mawells787

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
da7yhahe.jpg
Interesting find about android OS usage. While looking through data usage I discovered in 14days of having my phone. Android OS has used over 1GB of background data while on WiFi. Which would explain why most people have a higher android OS usage on WiFi. Now the problem is trying to find out why did android OS need 1GB of data.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Interesting find about android OS usage. While looking through data usage I discovered in 14days of having my phone. Android OS has used over 1GB of background data while on WiFi. Which would explain why most people have a higher android OS usage on WiFi. Now the problem is trying to find out why did android OS need 1GB of data.

Is it google plus uploading some large video/pics to the cloud? Would explain wifi only.

CutlaSS

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
If you go into active display settings and select from which apps you want to receive notifications. Almost every app I had installed was checked off which might have happened during the update. I unchecked everything except phone, mail, text. I feel like android OS usage went down and battery is marginally better. The way i see it active display kept checking every app I have to look for a notification and kept the phone awake longer and more often.

What you describe is what seemed to be happening to mine and yes I did that when I setup the phone originally and I just checked those settings and it is still on the same settings as it was before the update. - It may have been that because after I uninstalled the updates for google play, active display, and removed twitter my battery life has improved and is closer to what it was.. after testing for a few days.

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't charge my phone overnight this past night. When I set it down it was at 62% I woke up around 7 it was at 42% but then I woke up 2 hours late and it was at 40% ?

Its been on WiFi all night also.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387909719011.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387909719011.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 54

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I didn't charge my phone overnight this past night. When I set it down it was at 62% I woke up around 7 it was at 42% but then I woke up 2 hours late and it was at 40% ?

Its been on WiFi all night also.

After the latest update, my phone kept getting hot and battery was draining. I had to disable the Android location feature. Can't for the life of me remember where it is and what it's called but I think it's a location service that let's you find your phone if lost. It was constantly accessing my gps if I remember correctly. I disabled it and battery went back to normal.

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
After the latest update, my phone kept getting hot and battery was draining. I had to disable the Android location feature. Can't for the life of me remember where it is and what it's called but I think it's a location service that let's you find your phone if lost. It was constantly accessing my gps if I remember correctly. I disabled it and battery went back to normal.

I have my phone I'm battery saving for location mode. I also have the Android device manger(the lost feature google thing) is on, and so is the Motorola one.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have my phone I'm battery saving for location mode. I also have the Android device manger(the lost feature google thing) is on, and so is the Motorola one.

That's what it was. Android device manager was killing my battery

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Followed the advice posted on here about reducing the apps that Active Notifications checks on right after buying my Pebble Watch. Was worried the addition of Bluetooth being constantly on would reduce my already not-so-hot battery life. This is the third night in a row that my battery has been this good. Have owned the X since September.

egy4uged.jpg

6aruzyze.jpg

u8u6yjys.jpg

Great advice! Merry Christmas you guys.

Sent from my Moto X using the Internets

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
OK, we are onto something here. At the top of the Manage notification types screen is a check box for "Automatically select downloaded apps"! With this checked every app you load gets turned on for notification.

I just unchecked that and a couple more apps. So I now have Alaska Air App(we are flying Friday), Calendar, Gmail, Messaging, Phone, and Voicemail. If one has gobs of apps checked, then that might keep the Android system busy all the time. Setting, Active Display, Manage notification types.

I will put a screen shoot up in the next post. Chris

jp719

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
How is your standby time ? Mine is pretty horrible.

Over night my phone dropped a little over 20% the other night. Is that bad ?

People have been saying that they don't need to charge their phone at night cause by morning there is still enough battery to wake them up in the morning. I don't know.

I just think mine is horrible. I don't have screenshot cause I didn't leave it uncharged last night, but last time I did it had a couple of wake ups but they were small but there was a couple. Enough to drop 20% ? Help please ?

tech addicted

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

People have been saying that they don't need to charge their phone at night cause by morning there is still enough battery to wake them up in the morning. I don't know.

I just think mine is horrible. I don't have screenshot cause I didn't leave it uncharged last night, but last time I did it had a couple of wake ups but they were small but there was a couple. Enough to drop 20% ? Help please ?

Very simple for me I put air plane mode on at night and my battery does not drain ,when I sleep I don't like to be bothered with stupid notifications or someone calls a wrong number it can wait till the morning ,plus side is my battery don't drain at night

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, that's high for sure unless you're sleeping 12 hours or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463