Is there any way to get the phone to not give that vibrate feedback when unlocking phone from the notification preview screen or when sliding up to a notification to go directly to it? It always vibrates quickly when using those functions.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4
    08-25-2013 10:22 AM
    Is there any way to get the phone to not give that vibrate feedback when unlocking phone from the notification preview screen or when sliding up to a notification to go directly to it? It always vibrates quickly when using those functions.

the motorola admiral i'm on is doing it to, get it off!
    08-25-2013 10:25 AM
    the motorola admiral i'm on is doing it to, get it off!
    I wish I knew how. Hopefully someone here does.

08-25-2013 10:37 AM
    is there nothing in your settings like this?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/att...lybean-img.jpg

this Admiral definitely does not.
    08-25-2013 11:59 AM
    There is on my moto x and I have it off but it still vibrates on the notification screen
    08-25-2013 12:22 PM
    i looked around online, it looks like Motorola is very insistent that you have want or need a vibration on your slide on unlock for some reason. Found this though: DISABLE THE UNLOCK SCREEN VIBRATION(no root required) - xda-developers
    08-25-2013 12:39 PM
    I might give that a try. I don't mind haptic feedback but on this phone it sounds more like a rattle than a vibration....not sure if it's the buttons or maybe it's just my phone. Might have to go check back on the one at att.
    08-25-2013 12:46 PM
    yeah mine is like a rattle too. I think that's just how the phone is.
    08-25-2013 01:05 PM
    I might give that a try. I don't mind haptic feedback but on this phone it sounds more like a rattle than a vibration....not sure if it's the buttons or maybe it's just my phone. Might have to go check back on the one at att.
    let me know how it goes. It'll be the first thing i do when i get my phone.
    08-25-2013 04:07 PM

If you really want it gone, go to settings->sound->then uncheck vibrate on touch.

This gets rid of the haptic feedback on all things but it is a fix for now.
    08-26-2013 02:17 AM
    If you really want it gone, go to settings->sound->then uncheck vibrate on touch.

This gets rid of the haptic feedback on all things but it is a fix for now.
    Doing that doesn't get rid of the vibration when you unlock it from the notification screen
    08-26-2013 02:25 AM
    When I unchecked "vibrate on keypress" in the Google Keyboard settings mine no longer vibrates on unlock.

1. http://i.imgur.com/bHmZIpU.jpg
    2. http://i.imgur.com/p1fNCKB.jpg
    09-06-2013 10:02 AM
    Ah, I see what you're saying.

It still vibrates if you are unlocking it for the "OTHER" screen.
    Curious.
    09-06-2013 10:12 AM
    Currently there is no option to disable it but I've been complaining a lot over on the official Motorola Moto X forums, and a lot of other people are too. Hopefully they'll listen because the vibration on this thing is godawful.
    09-06-2013 12:08 PM
    Here is a chat session I had with Motorola support. In a nutshell, disabling the vibration on the active notification screen is not possible. (without root of course)

Denny: Hi, my name is Denny. How may I help you?
    GMC MaXx: Hi Denny. I would like to disable the vibration when unlocking the Moto X from its active notification screen. The vibrating is extremely annoying.
    Denny: I apologize for this inconvenience. Let me go ahead and check this for you.
    GMC MaXx: I've disabled the vibration in the google keyboard settings and I've also disabled vibrate on touch through the sounds menu.
    Denny: Can you go to Settings > Active Notifications > Check if there's an option to disable vibrate on unlock.
    File attachment upload has started.
    The file Screenshot_2013-09-06-12-11-29.png (158.4KB) was received.
    GMC MaXx: No such option available.

Denny: Let me go ahead and check this for you. One moment please.
    Denny: I do apologize for this. I tried to check if there are any other workarounds on this. It seems that there is none as of the moment. Although I will go ahead and take note of this so that I can pass this on to the right department for further investigation.
    GMC MaXx: That's unfortunate. It's a fantastic phone and the vibration is my only complaint. I hope they add this option in an update.
    Denny: I understand. Hopefully, we can get an update about this as soon as possible. But rest assured that I will pass this on so that the right department will be aware about this.
    09-06-2013 12:26 PM
    Hi,
    Hopefully, u might already had get rid off from ur issue of vibration.
    But in case u r still facing it, then might be i can help u...

Mine phone use to vibrate while unlocking but today i tried checking the lost phone option & I remotely lock the screen which is & tried more functions related to it like ringing it remotely, after then I again set the security pattern & after that it stopped vibrating.

Even i m luking for the option to make it vibrate while unlocking. You can also try this, hopefully it will help u out.

Thankyou...
    06-28-2014 09:06 AM