09-03-2013 06:12 PM
621 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Like I said before, when talking about SMARTPHONES now, not talking about for example when you go buy a motherboard for a desktop, a CHIPSET is in FACT, for all intensive purposes (meaning for all practical purposes for the sake of a forum discussion) the SoC.
    What about less intensive purposes?

I'm sorry, now I'm just being rude. You guys carry on with whatever it is you're doing.
    Ry and bp3dots like this.
    08-26-2013 09:57 PM
    A iPhone 5 is 'smoother' than a S4, and it does it with half the speed, half the cores and half the memory.

Software optimization makes a difference.
    Exactly right.

Up the specs only when the software you develop require it. and then only up the specs you need to up.

For example, the 5s technically is a modest update, but combined with iOS 7 it will be a significant boost in performance. Everything is not specs.
    08-26-2013 09:58 PM
    Now that you're educated
    Why are you acting like you're a brilliant scientist and Kevin is an uneducated fool? If you want, I can requote what I said earlier:
    Kevin is a moderator. Moderators on tech forums usually have plenty of tech expertise. And he's also a Tegra Champ, so he's even more experienced in this field. So he can do more than repeatedly say "You're saying that because he is your friend. X8 is just marketing jargon. Do you know what a chipset is?"
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    08-26-2013 09:58 PM
    What about less intensive purposes?

Ok that made me laugh. Finally, someone real on here.

I like Larry. The other guys, not so much.
    08-26-2013 09:59 PM
    Exactly right.

Up the specs only when the software you develop require it. and then only up the specs you need to up.

For example, the 5s technically is a modest update, but combined with iOS 7 it will be a significant boost in performance. Everything is not specs.
    .... I'm out you guys deal with this guy

Sent from my SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-26-2013 10:00 PM
    In response to that actual topic of the thread (specs don't matter, not what is a chipset), I completely agree. But I must say one thing: This is why we should all get Nexi. They have the top-of-the-line specs and the fluid experience, all for half the price of the Moto X, iPhone, GS4, and others.
    08-26-2013 10:01 PM
    Usually, I would defend the s4. I'm just tired of this thread though, I'm not gonna bother

I own one. There are indefinably smoother Android devices available. Now, if your the Google Edition ROM, thats a different story.
    Exactly right.

A lot of people crap on Apple/Android and its a joke. iOS is smoother, Android offers much more customization. These are facts, not opinions. Lets just focus on getting OEMs to dump their overlays and get Google to focus on fluidity and User Experience.
    So now that I have proven you have absolutely no real technical knowledge, now you want to bring up an iPhone 4s into a Moto X discussion. What's the point of that?

Are you going to be original and say the iPhone is crap? Go ahead. Never heard that one before. Tell me the one about iTunes again please.
    Putting words in my mouth again. Cool story. You have proven nothing, either. Well, you have, but not what you think.

I'm glad that you either 1) had the knowledge and decided to show it or 2) did the research to gain the knowledge.

The fact that you're currently using an iPhone doesn't matter to me personally. I have no problem with iPhone's. What I have a small problem with is you speaking about devices like you have a ton of first hand experience with them when you don't. Not just in this thread, either. Just saying.

And if you did have the technical knowledge before hand and continued the argument in this thread just for the sake of arguing then yes, you were trolling.

Also, for everyone else, calling someone a troll is a form of trolling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    Ry and TheLibertarian like this.
    A chipset and an SoC are basically the same thing when you're talking about this.

Qualcomm calls their Snapdragon 800 a chipset, and I already described to you what is inside the Snapdragon 800. It is in FACT an SoC.

So no, it doesn't matter. You're just trying to make your friend be right. I get it. But people reading this thread will understand that I am right. I know how yo speak to layman, your friend doesn't. This is a clear sign of someone who never really trained in computers.
    I'm so close to snapping and racking up so many infraction points. Never trained in computers? Are you serious? Tell me your job genius, you work with computers hmm? What makes you so damn brilliant?

08-26-2013 10:03 PM
    Kevin is an uneducated fool?
    Is this the Kevin that posted 3 giant paragraphs to say something he could in 1 simple sentence?

Well, I never said he was a "fool" or "uneducated". He is probably a smart guy, I don't know if he is a fool, but he isn't really formerly trained in computers, or he went to a bad computer school.

It sounds to me he is a typical geek who can't relate to normal regular users.

SoC/Chipset, Chipset/SoC, same crap. His entire 9 page rant was totally uncalled for.
    08-26-2013 10:03 PM
    Never trained in computers? Are you serious?
    Yes. Either he never formally had training, or he is your typical geek who can't relate to real people. Someone asks a simple question and he runs to Wikipedia and copy pastes pages of nonsense.
    08-26-2013 10:05 PM
    Is this the Kevin that posted 3 giant paragraphs to say something he could in 1 simple sentence?

Well, I never said he was a "fool" or "uneducated". He is probably a smart guy, I don't know if he is a fool, but he isn't really formerly trained in computers, or he went to a bad computer school.

It sounds to me he is a typical geek who can't relate to normal regular users.

SoC/Chipset, Chipset/SoC, same crap. His entire 9 page rant was totally uncalled for.
    Is it your job to make everybody angry? Because you've successfully made that a reality. And talking like this about a moderator? Smh you shouldn't have said that

08-26-2013 10:05 PM
    you work with computers hmm?
    hahahah... I like the hmmmm??? HMMM???

See, some of you guys I like. I like you.
    08-26-2013 10:06 PM
    hahahah... I like the hmmmm??? HMMM???

See, some of you guys I like. I like you.
    Well I certainly don't like you. You never answered my question

08-26-2013 10:07 PM
    Yes. Either he never formally had training, or he is your typical geek who can't relate to real people. Someone asks a simple question and he runs to Wikipedia and copy pastes pages of nonsense.
    Because you couldn't understand anything he explained! He tried to make it easy for you! ARGH *snaps phone in half*

TheLibertarian likes this.
    08-26-2013 10:09 PM
    And talking like this about a moderator? Smh you shouldn't have said that
    Yes. I don't know that he is a moderator. But then that makes it worse. If he think there is someone in here that doesn't know about what he is talking about, then he comes in and explains it clearly and concisely. Not on a 10 page copy and paste trying to argue with someone who just used the word "Chipset".

What kind of nonsense is that from a moderator? He should be putting OUT the fires not throwing gasoline on them.

He should've just said "Ajarnfalang, I will concede that in the SoC (i say SoC, you said "chipset", i think that's wrong but doesn't matter), anyway, in the SoC there is a component that is from last year", and then make his point as to why he thinks it is a totally new CHIPSET.

Then he can end it with, "This is of course my opinion and you're entitled to yours. Thanks for participating in this thread". Finished.
    08-26-2013 10:10 PM
    Because you couldn't understand anything he explained! He tried to make it easy for you! ARGH *snaps phone in half*
    In your world:

Easy = copy paste 20 pages of Wiki

In MY world:

Easy: One simple sentence.
    08-26-2013 10:11 PM
    Yes. I don't know that he is a moderator. But then that makes it worse. If he think there is someone in here that doesn't know about what he is talking about, then he comes in and explains it clearly and concisely. Not on a 10 page copy and paste trying to argue with someone who just used the word "Chipset".

What kind of nonsense is that from a moderator? He should be putting OUT the fires not throwing gasoline on them.

He should've just said "Ajarnfalang, I will concede that in the SoC (i say SoC, you said "chipset", i think that's wrong but doesn't matter), anyway, in the SoC there is a component that is from last year", and then make his point as to why he thinks it is a totally new CHIPSET.

Then he can end it with, "This is of course my opinion and you're entitled to yours. Thanks for participating in this thread". Finished.
    The thing is, he does know what he's talking about. I'm amazed you haven't had the ban hammer slammed down on your account because if you were saying this about me I would have banned you an hour ago. I think everyone just bailed, they're tired of you

return_0 likes this.
    08-26-2013 10:12 PM
    In your world:

In MY world:

That it took us over an hour to get you to type when Kevin immediately provided the information. Sure man, whatever you say. That was A LOT easier

return_0 and TheLibertarian like this.
    08-26-2013 10:14 PM
    Based on Motorola's sales for the last 18 months I would say they can't measure up to anything. Their phones used to be hot stuff, not they are warm milk for old folks.
    And that's fine. If taken out of Google's financials, Motorola is in horrible shape. They should be out of business.

That doesn't change the fact that they've bought into a "specs don't matter" (or "specs matter, but not as much as you think") mindset for the "new Motorola". Motorola has joined Apple on the outside looking in for that measuring contest everyone else seems to be in.
    08-26-2013 11:17 PM
    In your world:

In MY world:

...because for dozens of posts you showcased your inability to comprehend simple concepts.

An extremely simplistic and in-depth review was handed to you to cure your blatant stupidity.

You're trying (and failing) to make it sound like Kevin couldn't get his point across effectively, when in reality, he just couldn't educate you properly as his words (writing) fell on deaf ears (or is it blind eyes?).

Two extremely knowledgeable users gave you detailed information to help you understand current mobile technology. I hope some of that has sunk in to some degree before you continue to make a fool out of yourself. By the way, when explaining definitions, using the word you're defining to describe the word you're defining is one hell of an epic fail.

His entire 9 page rant was totally uncalled for.
    You're clearly delusional if you believe that anyone is this thread has been incessantly ranting outside yourself.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-26-2013 11:38 PM
    I'm working. I live in Thailand. It's 9:30 in the morning.

Now that you're educated, it doesn't matter which phone I have.

We all now know that:

a) you took 3 paragraphs to describe what I can in 1 sentence, simply.

b) the Moto X has 2012 technology. Albeit, bundled with modern 2013 technology, but that doesn't mean that there is no 2012 technology inside that phone.

Period. End of debate.
    I feel like I've run head first into a brick wall repeatedly after reading this thread. The only thing less painful is watching what Miley Cyrus did to Robin Thicke last night.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    08-26-2013 11:49 PM
    *Deleted*
    08-27-2013 12:16 AM
    I agree it's more about how the OS is optimised to the phone. Blackberry 10 are using dual-cores still yet their OS is very quick. HTC is a few hundred Mhz behind (200mhz I think) yet is clearly faster than S4.
    08-27-2013 04:51 AM
    ...HTC is a few hundred Mhz behind (200mhz I think) yet is clearly faster than S4.
    You all just can't resist disrespecting my S4. I tell the truth when I say I have not experienced any lag in the roughly 2 months I've had the phone. So what is the One faster in doing?

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    08-27-2013 05:53 AM
621 ... 1314151617 ...