09-03-2013 06:12 PM
621 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    It would make more sense if I didn't think you were full of crap.

Thanks for the test though, professor. You really got us good.
    I swear I'm serious, but go ahead doubt it. Either way, Android Central has members smarter than the average person. I'm glad to see that

Sent from my SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-28-2013 07:08 PM
    Ridiculous...some of the posts have been. Not everyone subscribes to or believes in the cloud...nor will they. When the cloud and carriers let's me store 900GB+ of music for free and stream it in lossless quality for free I'll consider experimenting with it a little.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    Jahmal A likes this.
    08-28-2013 07:21 PM
    Ridiculous...some of the posts have been. Not everyone subscribes to or believes in the cloud...nor will they. When the cloud and carriers let's me store 900GB+ of music for free and stream it in lossless quality for free I'll consider experimenting with it a little.

Well, you have to remember, it costs them money to store the data. So, if they can't make enough money to outweigh the cost, they won't let you do it. Still, isn't 20,000 plenty?

Posted via Android Central App
    08-28-2013 07:32 PM
    If you only use 16 gigs of storage space, you don't use your phone like it's supposed to be used. I'm just saying, extra memory and a removable battery are things the smart consumer would look into.

You are insane.

Posted via my awesome rooted Nexus 4 and Android Central App)
    osubeavs728 likes this.
    08-28-2013 07:37 PM

Great news! That's here except the free part. Unlimited streaming of Google's entire library is $7.99, or $0.00 for 20,000 (I'm guesstimating that's 150GB or so) songs that you upload to their service. I'm not sure of any device that can hold over 120,000 songs other than SATA and SSD drives in much larger devices.

Really it's not about getting everyone to use it, it's just that when it works for people who choose to, they're not doing anything wrong. Just like the people who prefer to have their stuff on physical things they can carry with them aren't doing it wrong.

It's the people who are trying to do one or the other and failing to be satisfied with their utilization of resources that are doing it wrong and those are the types of people we can make suggestions for on how to better optimize their experience given the constraints of their device decisions.
    08-28-2013 07:39 PM
    When the cloud and carriers let's me store 900GB+ of music
    Hoarding Is Now an Official Disorder in the DSM-5
    Aquila and osubeavs728 like this.
    08-28-2013 07:42 PM
    So...I have to give my music to Google and then pay to access it. ...or I could continue to store it myself and access it on my terms. Hmmm. For now, while I have the choice I'll store it myself. I'm just not a cloud person. It works for me.
    Jahmal A likes this.
    08-28-2013 07:46 PM
    You are insane.

Did you not read farther up? I explained everything as being an experiment. Please, read it. I don't actually think like this lol

08-28-2013 07:47 PM
    (I'm guesstimating that's 150GB or so)
    Based on my collection and not counting FLAC around 120gb and 60 days of continuous listening..
    08-28-2013 07:48 PM
    So...I have to give my music to Google and then pay to access it. ...or I could continue to store it myself and access it on my terms. Hmmm. For now, while I have the choice I'll store it myself. I'm just not a cloud person. It works for me.
    I haven't bought any music, all I do is stream. So, it actually saves money for me. That's good that it works for you, if it's easier definitely use local for now

08-28-2013 07:49 PM
    Either or. Either upload your library for free or pay to use their library. For me, I used theirs because I stopped buying albums when it happened, negating the cost.
    08-28-2013 07:52 PM
    I'm not ready to give up owning my music. First vinyl went away (mostly). Then cassettes came and went. CDs...came and are going...going...going... I'm glad we still have choices. If had to stream my music what would I do in a place where I didn't have signal? Like on a plane, subway, train, or any of a number of other places. No, I wouldn't die. I'll just be happy resisting the cloud for now. For that matter I don't do Google Docs either. Scary.
    Aquila and Jahmal A like this.
    08-28-2013 08:02 PM
    I'm not ready to give up owning my music. First vinyl went away (mostly). Then cassettes came and went. CDs...came and are going...going...going... I'm glad we still have choices. If had to stream my music what would I do in a place where I didn't have signal? Like on a plane, subway, train, or any of a number of other places. No, I wouldn't die. I'll just be happy resisting the cloud for now. For that matter I don't do Google Docs either. Scary.
    This is why the download feature exists, you can download your favorite music to your device with the all access pass so you don't have to worry about being on a plane or away from signal. You can even do this with your own music you store on their cloud

08-28-2013 08:04 PM
    This is why the download feature exists, you can download your favorite music to your device with the all access pass so you don't have to worry about being on a plane or away from signal

If this works for some folks more power to them. Seems cumbersome but I guess there's pro's and cons. You don't have to worry about backups. Thing is, I already have all this music and can't really see the benefit of sticking it in the cloud and streaming it. I guess I could get by with a 16GB phone w/out removable storage. Samsung better not screw up and take away removable storage anytime soon or else I'm gonna have to spend real money.
    08-28-2013 08:10 PM
    Yes the cloud is awesome....

Till you realize that there is an 8 hour outage and you start twitching from not having access to your collection....
    08-28-2013 08:11 PM

Till you realize that there is an 8 hour outage and you start twitching from not having access to your collection....
    Ah....HELL No!
    08-28-2013 08:12 PM
    If this works for some folks more power to them. Seems cumbersome but I guess there's pro's and cons. You don't have to worry about backups. Thing is, I already have all this music and can't really see the benefit of sticking it in the cloud and streaming it. I guess I could get by with a 16GB phone w/out removable storage. Samsung better not screw up and take away removable storage anytime soon or else I'm gonna have to spend real money.
    Choices = good
    08-28-2013 08:13 PM
    Did you not read farther up? I explained everything as being an experiment. Please, read it. I don't actually think like this lol

Yeah I read that.

08-28-2013 08:13 PM

Usually the adage goes, Insane people don't realize they are insane.

or If you think you are crazy you probably aren't crazy.

You choose what works best for you.
    Ry likes this.
    08-28-2013 08:17 PM
    Usually the adage goes, Insane people don't realize they are insane.

or If you think you are crazy you probably aren't crazy.

You choose what works best for you.
    Well everybody says I'm crazy.... So..
    .... I'm crazy? I spend way too much time on this site, but I can't leave. It's..... It's got me! Save yourselves!

08-28-2013 08:21 PM
    Never said you guys were stupid, it's just you don't think the proper way sometimes. You're all very capable of using phones and loving android, it's just the options you choose for the phone aren't so great

Sent from my SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app
    'Don't think the proper way sometimes'? Are you for real?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Ry likes this.
    08-28-2013 11:14 PM
    'Don't think the proper way sometimes'? Are you for real?

He called it an experiment.
    08-29-2013 12:28 AM
    He called it an experiment.
    Riiight.

08-29-2013 01:35 AM

Or your SD card gets corrupted and...

Nothing is riskless and at some point the effort to reduce risk provides diminishing returns.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-29-2013 02:14 AM
    Riiight.

I believe him.
    08-29-2013 02:46 AM
621 ... 1920212223 ...