Rant about SPECS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Why do people still argue about specs? Do you NOT get the bigger picture ?!

Look at the iPhone. Its been "lagging behind in specs' since forever right? Yet look how it operates to the end-user. Its flawless. It doesn't stutter, it just works perfectly. Now when someone who isn't tech savy goes to look for a phone, they see an iPhone that doesnt hiccup at all and then a GS4 whose ALL-MIGHT SPECS still lag like its 2005. Samsung doesn't optimize its OS at all clearly. Doing simple **** like opening contacts LAG. Who wants that?! What person that goes to a store would want this after 2 minutes of playing with it they see that it just does not operate right? No body.

Sure the GS4 is capable of more, but to the general person does it matter? Absolutely not! This is why iPhone is where it is. This is what Google is trying to accomplish here. Optimized specs for Google's software. Yes, its not the S800 quad-core 2.6GHZ with 5 gb of ram. So freakin' what?! The phone works! That Samcrap lag is gone! And on top of it, you get the benefits of an Android which is a more capable OS then iOS.

People really need to stop ********.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Why do people still argue about specs? Do you NOT get the bigger picture ?!

Look at the iPhone. Its been "lagging behind in specs' since forever right? Yet look how it operates to the end-user. Its flawless. It doesn't stutter, it just works perfectly. Now when someone who isn't tech savy goes to look for a phone, they see an iPhone that doesnt hiccup at all and then a GS4 whose ALL-MIGHT SPECS still lag like its 2005. Samsung doesn't optimize its OS at all clearly. Doing simple **** like opening contacts LAG. Who wants that?! What person that goes to a store would want this after 2 minutes of playing with it they see that it just does not operate right? No body.

Sure the GS4 is capable of more, but to the general person does it matter? Absolutely not! This is why iPhone is where it is. This is what Google is trying to accomplish here. Optimized specs for Google's software. Yes, its not the S800 quad-core 2.6GHZ with 5 gb of ram. So freakin' what?! The phone works! That Samcrap lag is gone! And on top of it, you get the benefits of an Android which is a more capable OS then iOS.

People really need to stop ********.

Because they are over charging for a phone with 2012 specs and making it sound revolutionary.

Posted via Android Central App

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Because they are over charging for a phone with 2012 specs and making it sound revolutionary.

Sure, why not, lets continue this ceaseless debate.

Enlighten me as to what, exactly, is from 2012 on the X?

You really need to do your research before posting that garbage.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Sure, why not, lets continue this ceaseless debate.

Enlighten me as to what, exactly, is from 2012 on the X?

You really need to do your research before posting that garbage.

If its ceaseless as you say.....why are you so anxious to continue it. Lol love your dramatic captain kirk writing style. Very funny.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Because its dual-core. Except guess what, to feed MY argument the iPhone 5 is dual-core, the iPhone 5S will be dual-core and probably the iPhone 6 will also.

Do you try to play WoW or use photoshop on your phone I dont understand? This "2012 phone" runs tasks people do DAILY on a mobile phone 100x faster and snappier then a "2013 phone" in the GS4

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
If its ceaseless as you say.....why are you so anxious to continue it. Lol love your dramatic captain kirk writing style. Very funny.

I'm anxious to continue it?

See post #2. It's yours, spouting off an ill-informed opinion in yet another thread.

Regardless, your second post did not answer the question I posed in my response. Do you not know the answer to my question, or are you not interested in discussing your incorrect assumptions about the device? If it's the latter, why bother posting in a forum at all?

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Uhh. That's because the phone came out in 2012!

They put the specs needed to run the phone. Most people don't know anything about specs.

The 5s will have an A7, it is more power efficient, it is 64bit, dual core, quad core graphics, and ddr3 faster ram at 1333mhz.

When ios needs to run a quad core CPU, I guess they'll put it in. It could be that the A7 is really a quad core and the speculations are wrong. Who knows and quite frankly, who cares (except you). It'll be just as fast as any phone on the market.

The A7 SoC isn't 2012 technology. It is a brand new chip that will begin production September 2013.

So, they're really selling you current technology. Part for part, doesn't cost a lot less than an S4 for example.

Last edited:

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Uhh. That's because the phone came out in 2012!

They put the specs needed to run the phone. Most people don't know anything about specs.

The 5s will have an A7, it is more power efficient, it is 64bit, dual core, quad core graphics, and ddr3 faster ram at 1333mhz.

When ios needs to run a quad core CPU, I guess they'll put it in. It could be that the A7 is really a quad core and the speculations are wrong. Who knows and quite frankly, who cares (except you). It'll be just as fast as any phone on the market.

The A7 SoC isn't 2012 technology. It is a brand new chip that will begin production September 2013.

So, they're really selling you current technology. Part for part, doesn't cost a lot less than an S4 for example.

The user you quoted was referring to the Moto X, which was the topic of this thread. Just clarifying. He feels as though a device like the Moto X was available in 2012, which is incorrect.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
The user you quoted was referring to the Moto X, which was the topic of this thread. Just clarifying. He feels as though a device like the Moto X was available in 2012, which is incorrect.

It's the same story with the Moto X.

He doesn't understand how it works. The Moto X is straight out of the iPhone handbook. It is focused on Experience, not on how the spec sheet sounds.

I think phones should be unveiled. Show what they can do and how they're better than the competition, show them Side by side and say goodnight. I wouldn't say a word about the specs.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
i think the majority of folks dismissing the device have not actually used it for a day or two this phone is very good and gets it back to mobile if you need a laptop or tablet then get that but don't dismiss a phone because its not rocking specs to compete with a macbook really folks do not need all that power its the OS that does becasue it most of them suck talking to you samsung boasting big numbers in specs means crap if you have to hack the phone to make it run smoothly when this phone already does moto x is good and so is the iPhone and i am sure that moto's next offering will be good as well.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

He doesn't understand how it works. The Moto X is straight out of the iPhone handbook. It is focused on Experience, not on how the spec sheet sounds.

I think phones should be unveiled. Show what they can do and how they're better than the competition, show them Side by side and say goodnight. I wouldn't say a word about the specs.

Exactly! Apple did this. They never announce processor clock speed or ram or even battery MHz. They just say "look it works! FAST! and you can use it for upto 8 hrs of talktime" then they show the features.

Samsung's 1001 features mean absolutely **** when I want to throw the phone against a wall everytime I use it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola isn't compensating. Specs for specs sake? Nope. Motorola's not in the measuring contest.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

I agree.

I mean, how many times have those Samsung commercials mentioned the cores of a processor, or the RAM?

There's a reason ads showcase people using the product rather than merely bullitting the spec sheet.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Just when I thought the rants about this phone had died down, you START a new one to continue the flame wars?

This phone is pretty good from all accounts- regardless of specs. It shouldn't even be a point of contention.

On the flip side, many of us are Android fans because we never bought into the 'it's the experience' line of crap that they push to sell overpriced junk to sheep. We recognize the phone is a good phone, but fail to recognize the same value in it that you do. Difference of opinions that will never agree, no need to rehash it all over.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It's possible the specs, aside from ppi, are better on this than the s4 or one. And on the PPI side, if anything over x looks like x, and all three are over x.....

Nexus through spacetime.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

I thought this died out... Ok.
Yes the Moto X uses the S4 pro dual core processor. Why? Its more power efficient than the available s600. But on the other hand it uses 2 krait 300's unlike the og s4 pro which used the 200's. The Moto X also uses the same guad-core gpu as the s4 and one. It also has the 2 other cores which take some strain off the cpu and makes it more proficient (And really, no more than 2 cores are used at once on quad-core phones, besides raw not needed power.. 720p screen? Ok I could understand that. But heres the deal. The phones screen is only 4.7", and has a ppi of 316 which is still larger than 300. Yes it won't be as "great" as 1080p but unless its side by side, it's not that big of a deal. 1080p also powers uneeded pixels.
The spec race should end, if oems actually took the time with their software to match the hardware, the world would be better.
And on the topic of over pricing, a reviewer, marques (?) or Arron I forgot which. The Moto X is partly built and assembled in America, so the labor cost is higher, the customizations fees are also included, and there was huge amounts of R&D. Samsung uses cheap plastic, its features are half baked, and is made in china. How is that not overpriced? The specs don't make that much difference in price.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I agree.

I mean, how many times have those Samsung commercials mentioned the cores of a processor, or the RAM?

There's a reason ads showcase people using the product rather than merely bullitting the spec sheet.

So true. Most users don't even know those specs. They do know Siri, Eye scrolling, and touchless controls though.

The only people upset about this are on these forums. If I was still in a store, I'd love the X, because one demo would sell these things easy as pie, and youd never have to mention specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.