Rant about SPECS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
If we were to make the false assumption that the mobile computing system is modular (meaning that you can pick and choose components and interchange them for performance improvements in various areas, etc), then you'd be correct. Unfortunately, as no less than 4 separate members have tried to impart unto you in this thread, as well as the wealth of information in over, now 50, explanations on this site + the wealth of information available via the internet, which you apparently have access to, this is not how the architecture works. Here is the most simple way to state it: the entire system is uniquely designed as a system. You keep telling people to get educated, etc. but are not willing yourself to attempt to understand concepts that any laymen can grasp with less than 5 minutes of listening to experts.

Firstly nobody here is an expert on anything. They're copying things from Wikipedia. That hardly makes you an expert

Second, nothing. NOTHING you just said makes this true. and I quote YOUR OWN WORDS

It doesn't have anything from 2012 lol

FALSE.

All you have is 2 other idiots, your friends, trying to copy and paste giant paragraphs to bury the fact you said that. Which is totally stupid because it does have several things from 2012.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I am replying to his assertion that it has no technology from 2012. When I said "they" I was referring to you. who butted into the conversation trying to back him up, which makes you look even more stupid.

I guess you got tired of reading stuff from wikipedia. Problem is, I actually looked at the motherboard and the fact is, it HAS 2012 technology inside.

The end.

Dude, they are right. He backed him up for a reason, he was right. Really, read something. I back them up as well. Please, save some dignity before it's ripped apart on this thread

Sent from my SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I wasn't aware that NothingIsTrue and myself were the same person. (this is the second time I've pointed that out to you)

Also, I definitely said what I pasted was from Wikipedia. Way to go on the comprehension of what's been said in this thread, and by who.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

NothingIsTrue has Voodoo dolls made to look like Android Central Staff members in order to have exact control over your actions.

Soon you will be mailing him freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I am replying to his assertion that it has no technology from 2012. When I said "they" I was referring to you. who butted into the conversation trying to back him up, which makes you look even more stupid.

I guess you got tired of reading stuff from wikipedia. Problem is, I actually looked at the motherboard and the fact is, it HAS 2012 technology inside.

The end.

I chimed in with some facts about terms you were using incorrectly, and are apparently still lacking some understanding about. Never did I say it contained nothing from 2012. So, since we're apparently going there regardless of if you're addressing a Moderator or not, you're incorrectly addressing an issue with me that I never stated an opinion on or presented information about. Who's stupid?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Firstly nobody here is an expert on anything. They're copying things from Wikipedia. That hardly makes you an expert

Second, nothing. NOTHING you just said makes this true. and I quote YOUR OWN WORDS

FALSE.

All you have is 2 other idiots, your friends, trying to copy and paste giant paragraphs to bury the fact you said that. Which is totally stupid because it does have several things from 2012.

You also failed to answer my question about which device you're currently using. A pic will help, since you have roughly zero credibility left here.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Both points here. Kevin is a developer and contributes to the main blog, and is in his own right very knowledgeable about the systems that we're discussing. He also has a working relationship with Jerry, who is deeply qualified to impart knowledge of the finer specs. I'm not an expert, but I have spent a lot of time studying this device, a task you seem unwilling to participate in. Wikipedia was used to get an entry level explanation of definitions because of your unwillingness to listen to people ask you to attempt to comprehend the architecture. You still haven't grasped that it's not a box of parts, but a comprehensive system. Secondly, there are multitudes of experts that have offered up their comments, and you've yet to attempt to understand any of them. If you have questions, just ask. Stating fallacies and then insulting people who try to help you figure stuff out is childish.

Challenge: If you show me an Android device released in 2012 or earlier that has an X8 mobile computing system I'll buy you a Moto X.

Edit: I have been informed that I am incorrect in stating that Kevin is an Android developer. Sorry for the confusion. The fact that he contributes to the main blog and has a very high knowledge level of the systems referenced is correct. From that breadth of knowledge I must have assumed he was in the trade.

Last edited:

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
At this point it's nobody's fault but his own that he's failing to grasp quite a simple concept.

He's going to keep repeating himself and refusing to learn, and I don't really know how either of you two can break the information you have provided down to an easier reading level.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Both points here. Kevin is a developer and contributes to the main blog, and is in his own right very knowledgeable about the systems that we're discussing. He also has a working relationship with Jerry, who is deeply qualified to impart knowledge of the finer specs. I'm not an expert, but I have spent a lot of time studying this device, a task you seem unwilling to participate in. Wikipedia was used to get an entry level explanation of definitions because of your unwillingness to listen to people ask you to attempt to comprehend the architecture. You still haven't grasped that it's not a box of parts, but a comprehensive system. Secondly, there are multitudes of experts that have offered up their comments, and you've yet to attempt to understand any of them. If you have questions, just ask. Stating fallacies and then insulting people who try to help you figure stuff out is childish.

Challenge: If you show me an Android device released in 2012 or earlier that has an X8 mobile computing system I'll buy you a Moto X.

I'll buy you a solid gold moto x. Would you like that? All you have to do is show us

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I chimed in with some facts about terms you were using incorrectly, and are apparently still lacking some understanding about. Never did I say it contained nothing from 2012. So, since we're apparently going there regardless of if you're addressing a Moderator or not, you're incorrectly addressing an issue with me that I never stated an opinion on or presented information about. Who's stupid?

You're trying to make his words right because he is your friend.

Now you're moving the goal post. Now you're saying this whole thing is about chipsets vs SoC. Now who's arguing semantics?

YOU yourself don't understand these terms. By copying and pasting from Google you just make yourself look dumb.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
For me I was at least trying to explain things instead of just ranting worthless information. This is worthless, why don't we drop the devices and agree to disagree guys?

Normally I'm totally cool with agreeing to disagree, but when some childish moron starts accusing you of lying, it's easy to be inclined to want them to back that up. When their accusations are based on assumptions that are easily disproved yet they continue to screech their accusations over and over without ever attempting to understand what is being conveyed to them... you're absolutely right, this is worthless. Trying to get this guy to understand processing architecture will apparently be harder than teaching commentators the difference between build quality and build materials.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

Now you're moving the goal post. Now you're saying this whole thing is about chipsets vs SoC. Now who's arguing semantics?

YOU yourself don't understand these terms. By copying and pasting from Google you just make yourself look dumb.

Dude, shut up already -_-
You're just making yourself look stupid. You have literally lost all respect and credibility on this site

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
He backed him up for a reason, he was right.

He was right when he said...

and you say this is true?

and BTW, he said that he isn't bcking him up on that. He is just having a metldown and saying I don't get the difference between chipsets and Soc.. hahah :D .. Like the terms aren't self explanatory, he had to look it up in Wikipedia. This is the so called "expert".

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

So wrong. I don't need to speak for anyone else. They are (probably) adults and can speak for themselves.

Using the correct term for a piece of hardware isn't semantics, it's being technically accurate, which lends credibility to a statement, fact, or opinion.

Again, those pastes were from Wikipedia, and are accurate and correct (verified by actual engineers that work in that field). I completely understand what's said in them. Did you?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Never met him, we don't correspond... not sure where that came from, but Kevin and I have clashed plenty on various subjects. That we happen to agree on this is not really indicative of anything other than we both have varying degrees of understanding of system architecture that are, apparently, vastly superior to the inanity of your parroting.

I don't really know how either of you two can break the information you have provided down to an easier reading level.

Yeah, I'm not very adept at the articulating game. Sorry about that. At this point, readers either understand or they don't. If they don't, it's not because the information isn't available.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Using the correct term for a piece of hardware isn't semantics, it's being technically accurate, which lends credibility to a statement, fact, or opinion.

It is semantics when you still don't say that

is a false statement.

Someone who really knows about this, wouldn't have to copy and paste 3 paragraphs from Wikipedia. An SoC can be explained very simple in ONE short sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance