Rant about SPECS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
So....a chipset is a chipset? Okay, got it.

Like I said before, when talking about SMARTPHONES now, not talking about for example when you go buy a motherboard for a desktop, a CHIPSET is in FACT, for all intensive purposes (meaning for all practical purposes for the sake of a forum discussion) the SoC.

So we can use Chipset and SoC when talking about these phones. You can say the X8 SoC or the X8 Chipset and I wouldn't come after you with a 8 page rant and posting stuff from Wikipedia.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm working. I live in Thailand. It's 9:30 in the morning.

Now that you're educated, it doesn't matter which phone I have.

We all now know that:

a) you took 3 paragraphs to describe what I can in 1 sentence, simply.

b) the Moto X has 2012 technology. Albeit, bundled with modern 2013 technology, but that doesn't mean that there is no 2012 technology inside that phone.

Period. End of debate.

Because you're currently using an iPhone 4S it doesn't matter?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, the Adreno 320 existed in 2012, so yes that part is old technically. Now, will you just shut up

I was done about 3 pages ago but he wanted me to educate him so I did.

As I said, HE was the one who went off the deep end about terms. In fact it doesn't matter if you use Chipset or SoC when talking about this stuff. It really doesn't.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Like I said before, when talking about SMARTPHONES now, not talking about for example when you go buy a motherboard for a desktop, a CHIPSET is in FACT, for all intensive purposes (meaning for all practical purposes for the sake of a forum discussion) the SoC.

So we can use Chipset and SoC when talking about these phones. You can say the X8 SoC or the X8 Chipset and I wouldn't come after you with a 8 page rant and posting stuff from Wikipedia.

IT'S A SoC, WILL YOU SHUT UP ALREADY

Sent from my SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I was done about 3 pages ago but he wanted me to educate him so I did.

As I said, HE was the one who went off the deep end about terms. In fact it doesn't matter if you use Chipset or SoC when talking about this stuff. It really doesn't.

YES IT DOES! AAAH THIS THREAD IS INCREASING MY BLOOD PRESSURE LIKE CRAZY

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Because you're currently using an iPhone 4S it doesn't matter?

So now that I have proven you have absolutely no real technical knowledge, now you want to bring up an iPhone 4s into a Moto X discussion. What's the point of that?

Are you going to be original and say the iPhone is crap? Go ahead. Never heard that one before. Tell me the one about iTunes again please.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Who cares about specs? Seriously...

A Moto X with its dedicated voice and motion sensor cores has already proven to work extremely well. Heck, the interface on the Moto X is more fluid than the S4.

It's not about specs, its about user experience. If the specs are not appropriately matched, user experience will suffer.

A iPhone 5 is 'smoother' than a S4, and it does it with half the speed, half the cores and half the memory.

Software optimization makes a difference.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
So now that I have proven you have absolutely no real technical knowledge, now you want to bring up an iPhone 4s into a Moto X discussion. What's the point of that?

Are you going to be original and say the iPhone is crap? Go ahead. Never heard that one before. Tell me the one about iTunes again please.

Kevin, this guy is just trolling. Do us all a favor and drop the ban hammer please

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
YES IT DOES! AAAH THIS THREAD IS INCREASING MY BLOOD PRESSURE LIKE CRAZY

A chipset and an SoC are basically the same thing when you're talking about this.

Qualcomm calls their Snapdragon 800 a chipset, and I already described to you what is inside the Snapdragon 800. It is in FACT an SoC.

So no, it doesn't matter. You're just trying to make your friend be right. I get it. But people reading this thread will understand that I am right. I know how yo speak to layman, your friend doesn't. This is a clear sign of someone who never really trained in computers.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Who cares about specs? Seriously...

A Moto X with its dedicated voice and motion sensor cores has already proven to work extremely well. Heck, the interface on the Moto X is more fluid than the S4.

It's not about specs, its about user experience. If the specs are not appropriately matched, user experience will suffer.

A iPhone 5 is 'smoother' than a S4, and it does it with half the speed, half the cores and half the memory.

Usually, I would defend the s4. I'm just tired of this thread though, I'm not gonna bother

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
What about less intensive purposes?

I'm sorry, now I'm just being rude. You guys carry on with whatever it is you're doing.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Exactly right.

Up the specs only when the software you develop require it. and then only up the specs you need to up.

For example, the 5s technically is a modest update, but combined with iOS 7 it will be a significant boost in performance. Everything is not specs.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Now that you're educated

Why are you acting like you're a brilliant scientist and Kevin is an uneducated fool? If you want, I can requote what I said earlier:
Kevin is a moderator. Moderators on tech forums usually have plenty of tech expertise. And he's also a Tegra Champ, so he's even more experienced in this field. So he can do more than repeatedly say "You're saying that because he is your friend. X8 is just marketing jargon. Do you know what a chipset is?"

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Exactly right.

Up the specs only when the software you develop require it. and then only up the specs you need to up.

For example, the 5s technically is a modest update, but combined with iOS 7 it will be a significant boost in performance. Everything is not specs.

.... I'm out you guys deal with this guy

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
In response to that actual topic of the thread (specs don't matter, not what is a chipset), I completely agree. But I must say one thing: This is why we should all get Nexi. They have the top-of-the-line specs and the fluid experience, all for half the price of the Moto X, iPhone, GS4, and others. :D

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Usually, I would defend the s4. I'm just tired of this thread though, I'm not gonna bother

I own one. There are indefinably smoother Android devices available. Now, if your the Google Edition ROM, thats a different story.
Exactly right.

A lot of people crap on Apple/Android and its a joke. iOS is smoother, Android offers much more customization. These are facts, not opinions. Lets just focus on getting OEMs to dump their overlays and get Google to focus on fluidity and User Experience.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Putting words in my mouth again. Cool story. You have proven nothing, either. Well, you have, but not what you think.

I'm glad that you either 1) had the knowledge and decided to show it or 2) did the research to gain the knowledge.

The fact that you're currently using an iPhone doesn't matter to me personally. I have no problem with iPhone's. What I have a small problem with is you speaking about devices like you have a ton of first hand experience with them when you don't. Not just in this thread, either. Just saying.

And if you did have the technical knowledge before hand and continued the argument in this thread just for the sake of arguing then yes, you were trolling.

Also, for everyone else, calling someone a troll is a form of trolling.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
A chipset and an SoC are basically the same thing when you're talking about this.

Qualcomm calls their Snapdragon 800 a chipset, and I already described to you what is inside the Snapdragon 800. It is in FACT an SoC.

So no, it doesn't matter. You're just trying to make your friend be right. I get it. But people reading this thread will understand that I am right. I know how yo speak to layman, your friend doesn't. This is a clear sign of someone who never really trained in computers.

I'm so close to snapping and racking up so many infraction points. Never trained in computers? Are you serious? Tell me your job genius, you work with computers hmm? What makes you so damn brilliant?

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Kevin is an uneducated fool?

Is this the Kevin that posted 3 giant paragraphs to say something he could in 1 simple sentence?

Well, I never said he was a "fool" or "uneducated". He is probably a smart guy, I don't know if he is a fool, but he isn't really formerly trained in computers, or he went to a bad computer school.

It sounds to me he is a typical geek who can't relate to normal regular users.

SoC/Chipset, Chipset/SoC, same crap. His entire 9 page rant was totally uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair