Rant about SPECS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Is this the Kevin that posted 3 giant paragraphs to say something he could in 1 simple sentence?

Well, I never said he was a "fool" or "uneducated". He is probably a smart guy, I don't know if he is a fool, but he isn't really formerly trained in computers, or he went to a bad computer school.

It sounds to me he is a typical geek who can't relate to normal regular users.

SoC/Chipset, Chipset/SoC, same crap. His entire 9 page rant was totally uncalled for.

Is it your job to make everybody angry? Because you've successfully made that a reality. And talking like this about a moderator? Smh you shouldn't have said that

Sent from my SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Either he never formally had training, or he is your typical geek who can't relate to real people. Someone asks a simple question and he runs to Wikipedia and copy pastes pages of nonsense.

Because you couldn't understand anything he explained! He tried to make it easy for you! ARGH *snaps phone in half*

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
And talking like this about a moderator? Smh you shouldn't have said that

Yes. I don't know that he is a moderator. But then that makes it worse. If he think there is someone in here that doesn't know about what he is talking about, then he comes in and explains it clearly and concisely. Not on a 10 page copy and paste trying to argue with someone who just used the word "Chipset".

What kind of nonsense is that from a moderator? He should be putting OUT the fires not throwing gasoline on them.

He should've just said "Ajarnfalang, I will concede that in the SoC (i say SoC, you said "chipset", i think that's wrong but doesn't matter), anyway, in the SoC there is a component that is from last year", and then make his point as to why he thinks it is a totally new CHIPSET.

Then he can end it with, "This is of course my opinion and you're entitled to yours. Thanks for participating in this thread". Finished.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I don't know that he is a moderator. But then that makes it worse. If he think there is someone in here that doesn't know about what he is talking about, then he comes in and explains it clearly and concisely. Not on a 10 page copy and paste trying to argue with someone who just used the word "Chipset".

What kind of nonsense is that from a moderator? He should be putting OUT the fires not throwing gasoline on them.

He should've just said "Ajarnfalang, I will concede that in the SoC (i say SoC, you said "chipset", i think that's wrong but doesn't matter), anyway, in the SoC there is a component that is from last year", and then make his point as to why he thinks it is a totally new CHIPSET.

Then he can end it with, "This is of course my opinion and you're entitled to yours. Thanks for participating in this thread". Finished.

The thing is, he does know what he's talking about. I'm amazed you haven't had the ban hammer slammed down on your account because if you were saying this about me I would have banned you an hour ago. I think everyone just bailed, they're tired of you

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Based on Motorola's sales for the last 18 months I would say they can't measure up to anything. Their phones used to be hot stuff, not they are warm milk for old folks.

And that's fine. If taken out of Google's financials, Motorola is in horrible shape. They should be out of business.

That doesn't change the fact that they've bought into a "specs don't matter" (or "specs matter, but not as much as you think") mindset for the "new Motorola". Motorola has joined Apple on the outside looking in for that measuring contest everyone else seems to be in.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
In your world:

Easy = copy paste 20 pages of Wiki

In MY world:

Easy: One simple sentence.

...because for dozens of posts you showcased your inability to comprehend simple concepts.

An extremely simplistic and in-depth review was handed to you to cure your blatant stupidity.

You're trying (and failing) to make it sound like Kevin couldn't get his point across effectively, when in reality, he just couldn't educate you properly as his words (writing) fell on deaf ears (or is it blind eyes?).

Two extremely knowledgeable users gave you detailed information to help you understand current mobile technology. I hope some of that has sunk in to some degree before you continue to make a fool out of yourself. By the way, when explaining definitions, using the word you're defining to describe the word you're defining is one hell of an epic fail.

His entire 9 page rant was totally uncalled for.

You're clearly delusional if you believe that anyone is this thread has been incessantly ranting outside yourself.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm working. I live in Thailand. It's 9:30 in the morning.

Now that you're educated, it doesn't matter which phone I have.

We all now know that:

a) you took 3 paragraphs to describe what I can in 1 sentence, simply.

b) the Moto X has 2012 technology. Albeit, bundled with modern 2013 technology, but that doesn't mean that there is no 2012 technology inside that phone.

Period. End of debate.

I feel like I've run head first into a brick wall repeatedly after reading this thread. The only thing less painful is watching what Miley Cyrus did to Robin Thicke last night.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I agree it's more about how the OS is optimised to the phone. Blackberry 10 are using dual-cores still yet their OS is very quick. HTC is a few hundred Mhz behind (200mhz I think) yet is clearly faster than S4.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
...HTC is a few hundred Mhz behind (200mhz I think) yet is clearly faster than S4.
You all just can't resist disrespecting my S4. I tell the truth when I say I have not experienced any lag in the roughly 2 months I've had the phone. So what is the One faster in doing?

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

George Jenkinson

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I haven't read every comment of the 15 pages here, so forgive me if this is repeated elsewhere, but specs matter mostly to the Marketing Department.

Who has a watch that is waterproof to 50m, 100m or 200m? Use that feature a lot? I doubt it, but it helps sell the watch. Other examples: cars and motorbikes that have top speeds 2 and 3 times the legal limit, off-road vehicles that can climb Everest, but which never leave the black-top etc..

It's because we're gullible and like to the 'latest and best' specs. None of these necessarily improve the owner's experience.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I haven't read every comment of the 15 pages here, so forgive me if this is repeated elsewhere, but specs matter mostly to the Marketing Department.

Who has a watch that is waterproof to 50m, 100m or 200m? Use that feature a lot? I doubt it, but it helps sell the watch. Other examples: cars and motorbikes that have top speeds 2 and 3 times the legal limit, off-road vehicles that can climb Everest, but which never leave the black-top etc..

It's because we're gullible and like to the 'latest and best' specs. None of these necessarily improve the owner's experience.

This. Heck, my humble S4 is said, by some, to have great specs. However, someone somewhere...on some planet, in some galaxy, in some universe had a laggy experience with an S4...at some point. So no, its not all about the specs. They're just boasted about to try to differentiate the many many huge ginormous plethora of different Android phones. It's neat to see Motorola go against this grain but it'll take a while to retrain all of us sheep in our way of thinking. It's neat to see them focus on the experience a la Apple. Now, imagine that type of approach on a phone with great specs!

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I feel like I've run head first into a brick wall repeatedly after reading this thread. The only thing less painful is watching what Miley Cyrus did to Robin Thicke last night.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

If you think I'm wrong, then specifically say what it is that I'm saying wrong.

Your Moderator; the guy you praise for being some sort of genius, came and started quoting Wikipedia to "teach me" the difference between SoC and Chipset.

That shows 2 things.

1) he doesn't know what he's talking about

2) you guys know even less than him

If you look back, he quoted the definition of Chipset as it pertains to a DESKTOP motherboard, with a north and south bridge, etc.

But in reality, and it he knew anything, he would know that when talking about smartphones and tablets, saying "Chipset" and "SOC" is in fact the SAME bloody thing

That's why if you go to Qualcomm's website, a Snapdragon 800 or 600 is referred to as a CHIPSET. Is it an SoC? Of course it is. It's the same thing.

Your moderator really doesn't know anything.

As for the other guy saying "there isn't any technology from 2012" inside the Moto X, we all know it is true.

Inside the chipset/SoC, are the NEW Krait 300, also part of that chipset is the Adreno 320, which is 2012 technology.

So they are BOTH wrong.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
This. Heck, my humble S4 is said, by some, to have great specs. However, someone somewhere...on some planet, in some galaxy, in some universe had a laggy experience with an S4...at some point. So no, its not all about the specs. They're just boasted about to try to differentiate the many many huge ginormous plethora of different Android phones. It's neat to see Motorola go against this grain but it'll take a while to retrain all of us sheep in our way of thinking. It's neat to see them focus on the experience a la Apple. Now, imagine that type of approach on a phone with great specs!

Phone is good. Software is crap.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You all just can't resist disrespecting my S4. I tell the truth when I say I have not experienced any lag in the roughly 2 months I've had the phone. So what is the One faster in doing?

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

I went to the store and used the S4 for only two minutes, and it lagged in those two minutes. You may not have experienced it, but many others have. It's been acknowledged by nearly all reviewers and most who have used the phone. It's not "disrespect"; it's an observed fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.