Rant about SPECS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If you think I'm wrong, then specifically say what it is that I'm saying wrong.

Your Moderator; the guy you praise for being some sort of genius, came and started quoting Wikipedia to "teach me" the difference between SoC and Chipset.

That shows 2 things.

1) he doesn't know what he's talking about

2) you guys know even less than him

If you look back, he quoted the definition of Chipset as it pertains to a DESKTOP motherboard, with a north and south bridge, etc.

But in reality, and it he knew anything, he would know that when talking about smartphones and tablets, saying "Chipset" and "SOC" is in fact the SAME bloody thing

That's why if you go to Qualcomm's website, a Snapdragon 800 or 600 is referred to as a CHIPSET. Is it an SoC? Of course it is. It's the same thing.

Your moderator really doesn't know anything.

As for the other guy saying "there isn't any technology from 2012" inside the Moto X, we all know it is true.

Inside the chipset/SoC, are the NEW Krait 300, also part of that chipset is the Adreno 320, which is 2012 technology.

So they are BOTH wrong.

You are totally, 100%, unequivocally wrong in saying that the 8960DT is a 2012 part.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Now that that's all (hopefully) over...

One other thing that I'd like to point out is that the phrase "user experience" means almost nothing. It's a marketing phrase someone made up to justify charging too much for a piece of hardware (not that I believe the Moto X is overpriced). Either the Galaxy S4 or Moto X could have a better "user experience" depending on the user. The Moto X doesn't have a better "user experience," it has better battery life. I've only ever run my S4 out of battery once and that was in a situation that's all but guaranteed not to happen again during the life of my phone. 90%+ of the time I have more than 40% of my battery left at the end of the day. So a better battery isn't a better "user experience" for me. It's just another meaningless spec that's way higher than necessary. Having the option for extra storage, however, does make for a better "user experience" because I can put all of my music on my phone and listen to it on car trips without worrying about a data cap. So the Moto X can't possibly have an objectively better "user experience" if it totally depends on the user. Most phones have a better "user experience" than most other phones otherwise some wouldn't be sold at all.

I totally agree that Motorola's decision to sacrifice FLOPS for battery life was a good one. It's something that's probably needed. It's kind of a unique time in smartphones where screens are about as good as they need to be resolution wise and the latest and greatest CPU isn't needed to run most of what people use a smartphone for. Motorola is adding idle time features that don't destroy the battery at the perfect time. Since display resolution and CPU power requirements are topping out, battery life is the new bottleneck for how awesome a phone can be. They were very smart to recognize that as soon as they did.

Rizz1-2

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
...... You are so stupid I think you've been eating vagasil your whole life (South park reference, anybody remember that episode?)

Sent from my SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Your post made me lol.

Literally just watched that episode last week. It is freakin great, Love the reference!

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Then it's working. You spend an awful lot of time on this thread for someone who wants to block it.....

Posted via Android Central App

A lot of sites have little hide icons, I just didn?t see it and asked. Perhaps another area would have been better to ask in. I'll take it to a more appropriate section, sry.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I think that perhaps every variation of an argument can be made on this subject matter. The bottom line... some folks like the Moto X better and some folks don't. The same Bottom line applies to the One, and the S4. However, there is virtually no agreement on the particulars.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Agreed and that's one of the reasons that many people are calling the moto x an overpriced, outdated product right out of the box. If you buy the moto x today on a two year contract it will basically contain hardware that's 4 years old by the end of the two years. Just because you can pick your color doesn't change anything. it's outdated being branded as revolutionary.

Are you leveling the same complaints at the One and S4, since they both have the 320 as well?

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Are you leveling the same complaints at the One and S4, since they both have the 320 as well?

Don't expect a reasonable response. He bought a Maxx.

But shh...don't tell him that it has practically the same internals. It would spoil the surprise.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Don't expect a reasonable response. He bought a Maxx.

But shh...don't tell him that it has practically the same internals. It would spoil the surprise.

No one ever said it wasn't the same. Oh yeah except for my huge battery and my phone isnt glued together.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
A lot of sites have little hide icons, I just didn?t see it and asked. Perhaps another area would have been better to ask in. I'll take it to a more appropriate section, sry.

Dont leave me....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using AC Forums mobile app

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
After this nonsense marathon, does anyone want to trade me their "2012 Moto X" for my 2012 Galaxy S3? Reading this thread made me really want the X. It's a fair trade afterall, since both phones are "for all intensive purposes" made in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1