Rant about SPECS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Ridiculous...some of the posts have been. Not everyone subscribes to or believes in the cloud...nor will they. When the cloud and carriers let's me store 900GB+ of music for free and stream it in lossless quality for free I'll consider experimenting with it a little.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Ridiculous...some of the posts have been. Not everyone subscribes to or believes in the cloud...nor will they. When the cloud and carriers let's me store 900GB+ of music for free and stream it in lossless quality for free I'll consider experimenting with it a little.

Well, you have to remember, it costs them money to store the data. So, if they can't make enough money to outweigh the cost, they won't let you do it. Still, isn't 20,000 plenty?

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Great news! That's here except the free part. Unlimited streaming of Google's entire library is $7.99, or $0.00 for 20,000 (I'm guesstimating that's 150GB or so) songs that you upload to their service. I'm not sure of any device that can hold over 120,000 songs other than SATA and SSD drives in much larger devices.

Really it's not about getting everyone to use it, it's just that when it works for people who choose to, they're not doing anything wrong. Just like the people who prefer to have their stuff on physical things they can carry with them aren't doing it wrong.

It's the people who are trying to do one or the other and failing to be satisfied with their utilization of resources that are doing it wrong and those are the types of people we can make suggestions for on how to better optimize their experience given the constraints of their device decisions.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So...I have to give my music to Google and then pay to access it. ...or I could continue to store it myself and access it on my terms. Hmmm. For now, while I have the choice I'll store it myself. I'm just not a cloud person. It works for me.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
So...I have to give my music to Google and then pay to access it. ...or I could continue to store it myself and access it on my terms. Hmmm. For now, while I have the choice I'll store it myself. I'm just not a cloud person. It works for me.

I haven't bought any music, all I do is stream. So, it actually saves money for me. That's good that it works for you, if it's easier definitely use local for now

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Either or. Either upload your library for free or pay to use their library. For me, I used theirs because I stopped buying albums when it happened, negating the cost.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not ready to give up owning my music. First vinyl went away (mostly). Then cassettes came and went. CDs...came and are going...going...going... I'm glad we still have choices. If had to stream my music what would I do in a place where I didn't have signal? Like on a plane, subway, train, or any of a number of other places. No, I wouldn't die. I'll just be happy resisting the cloud for now. For that matter I don't do Google Docs either. Scary.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not ready to give up owning my music. First vinyl went away (mostly). Then cassettes came and went. CDs...came and are going...going...going... I'm glad we still have choices. If had to stream my music what would I do in a place where I didn't have signal? Like on a plane, subway, train, or any of a number of other places. No, I wouldn't die. I'll just be happy resisting the cloud for now. For that matter I don't do Google Docs either. Scary.

This is why the download feature exists, you can download your favorite music to your device with the all access pass so you don't have to worry about being on a plane or away from signal. You can even do this with your own music you store on their cloud

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
This is why the download feature exists, you can download your favorite music to your device with the all access pass so you don't have to worry about being on a plane or away from signal

If this works for some folks more power to them. Seems cumbersome but I guess there's pro's and cons. You don't have to worry about backups. Thing is, I already have all this music and can't really see the benefit of sticking it in the cloud and streaming it. I guess I could get by with a 16GB phone w/out removable storage. Samsung better not screw up and take away removable storage anytime soon or else I'm gonna have to spend real money.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes the cloud is awesome....

Till you realize that there is an 8 hour outage and you start twitching from not having access to your collection....

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If this works for some folks more power to them. Seems cumbersome but I guess there's pro's and cons. You don't have to worry about backups. Thing is, I already have all this music and can't really see the benefit of sticking it in the cloud and streaming it. I guess I could get by with a 16GB phone w/out removable storage. Samsung better not screw up and take away removable storage anytime soon or else I'm gonna have to spend real money.

Choices = good :)

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Did you not read farther up? I explained everything as being an experiment. Please, read it. I don't actually think like this lol

Usually the adage goes, Insane people don't realize they are insane.

or If you think you are crazy you probably aren't crazy.

You choose what works best for you.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Usually the adage goes, Insane people don't realize they are insane.

or If you think you are crazy you probably aren't crazy.

You choose what works best for you.

Well everybody says I'm crazy.... So..
.... I'm crazy? I spend way too much time on this site, but I can't leave. It's..... It's got me! Save yourselves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome