A few days in, how does everyone like their X?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
X should theoretically be in immune to this problem, It has some interesting stuff going on with file system read/write, giving it great performance and it does have trim functionalty that 4.3 has, and it looks like moto implemented trim on delete too.one of the reasons why moto x is smooth and snappy in performance. Read anandtech review of moto x.

how do you know it has TRIM support? I am curious because I did not hear that in any of the reviews. If that is true it should really keep it running smooth down the road.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not, I had the GS4, Then went to the HTC DNA and the i had the HTC One for a week. As soon as i played with the X, It pulled me in with its form factor, Useful features, Build Quality and knowing that Google had a huge hand in developing it, that means quick updates. Mine is ordered and will be here tomorrow.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Believe it or not, I had the GS4, Then went to the HTC DNA and the i had the HTC One for a week. As soon as i played with the X, It pulled me in with its form factor, Useful features, Build Quality and knowing that Google had a huge hand in developing it, that means quick updates. Mine is ordered and will be here tomorrow.

I've got the S4, have a One that I haven't used yet, and I'm thinking about going with the X. Just can't get passed the camera. It's incredibly important to me with two daughters I'm always taking pictures of. Did you not like the One? I'm leaning towards that right now because of the X camera.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I've got the S4, have a One that I haven't used yet, and I'm thinking about going with the X. Just can't get passed the camera. It's incredibly important to me with two daughters I'm always taking pictures of. Did you not like the One? I'm leaning towards that right now because of the X camera.

One does not have a great camera too ..

Posted via Android Central App

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Why don't you want the S4? If you are taking pics of your daughters, just my personal opinion, i wouldn't get the X.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you want the S4? If you are taking pics of your daughters, just my personal opinion, i wouldn't get the X.

I like it, for the most part, just prefer Sense and stock Android to TouchWiz. I'm considering sticking to it because it seems like it's by far the best camera of the bunch. And that's such an important feature to me.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one on AC who thinks phrases like "incredibly important" and smartphone camera don't belong together?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one on AC who thinks phrases like "incredibly important" and smartphone camera don't belong together?

if you have young children it certainly could be. there are a lot of unexpected moments that u might want to capture

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

I am actually impressed so far with my moto x camera compared to my iPhone 5 camera. This thing does take nice pics from what I have seen so far. No regrets camera wise.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

I completely agree. These small sensors are never going to rival a good camera with a much larger sensor. They can take decent pictures, but I would never rely on them for much more than occasional snapshots. With that said, my wife has never really been interested in carrying a camera, but she uses her iphones camera all the time.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
if you have young children it certainly could be. there are a lot of unexpected moments that u might want to capture
Exactly. Digital SLRs are great if you're framing your art, but smartphone cameras are increasingly used to capture small, spur-of-the-moment memories.

They are important. To many people.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
In that case any smartphone that doesn't actually blur or distort those spur of the moment snapshots will do. You don't have to have the best smartphone camera ever made for shots like that. As long as they turn out unspoiled you're fine.