A few days in, how does everyone like their X?

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
This isn't the old Motorola so I would not assume anything. Their entire management has been replaced by Googlers down to Director level.
This is against the best general rule when buying a smartphone from any OEM: you should always buy based on how it works NOW.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
If folks are worried about the camera, as I was, for some washed out pics just use any number of photo editors and in 5 seconds you have beautiful rich colors.

Posted via Android Central App

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to shut off the voice activation.. She keeps telling me every time I have a text message. I've tried everything. I can't seem to find this setting. I have the moto x..

Another forum member updated the Talk Back app and it stopped doing it.

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It's too bad Google decide the X would have lower specs but the same price as premium phones. Really makes little sense since they can afford to do better. It would remove a lot of doubt from people's minds. Plus the rollout was botched with the exclusivities and availability issues. I'm getting one to see how I like it but will probably wait for the dev version since I pay full price anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
After getting a Moto X on Friday and using it through the long weekend, I gotta say I'm really impressed. This phone is fantastic--perhaps the best of the smartphones I've owned so far (BlackBerry Storm, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus). I love it. I really hope this phone finds its way into lots of people's hands. I think it's great for Android.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Because even the best smartphone camera on the market doesn't even come close to a good DSLR for people who want their vacation and family milestone pics like kids grads etc to be of that kind of superior quality. When it comes to capturing unexpected moments you need a decent camera that doesn't ruin shots. That's all. Nobody's complaining this camera ruins shots.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I agree with this. It's good to have a good camera. But if you want great pictures. Get a dedicated camera.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
It's too bad Google decide the X would have lower specs but the same price as premium phones. Really makes little sense since they can afford to do better. It would remove a lot of doubt from people's minds. Plus the rollout was botched with the exclusivities and availability issues. I'm getting one to see how I like it but will probably wait for the dev version since I pay full price anyway.

I totally disagree. Talk about lower specs, how about the iPhone? Nevertheless it is an excellent device and does its tasks smoothly. Same for Moto X. Its fluidity and ease of use seem quite welcomed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I totally disagree. Talk about lower specs, how about the iPhone? Nevertheless it is an excellent device and does its tasks smoothly. Same for Moto X. Its fluidity and ease of use seem quite welcomed.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I'm extremely surprised by the amount of people that trash the X without educating themselves on the device... I guess that's life though. Haha

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

What does this have to do with how people are enjoying their X? These are trivialities that one does not have a need to worry about unless they are a Motorola Mobility or Google stockholder.

Sent from my Moto X via Android Central app

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
After getting a Moto X on Friday and using it through the long weekend, I gotta say I'm really impressed. This phone is fantastic--perhaps the best of the smartphones I've owned so far (BlackBerry Storm, Droid X, Galaxy Nexus). I love it. I really hope this phone finds its way into lots of people's hands. I think it's great for Android.

Hi Ultra: Are you still on VZW? If so, would love to hear of any relevant impressions, such as buying experience, bloatware, and anything else you care to share. I'm considering upgrading from my Bionic to the x. Thanks!

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi Ultra: Are you still on VZW? If so, would love to hear of any relevant impressions, such as buying experience, bloatware, and anything else you care to share. I'm considering upgrading from my Bionic to the x.

Yes, I am still on Verizon because they offered me a loyalty plan in order to get me to stay ($60 for unlimited talk/unlimited text/2GB data, which is $40 less than the equivalent Share Everything plan). The rep told me I was eligible for that plan because of my history with Verizon. I was honestly thinking about leaving because I didn't want to pay the same as I pay now for 2GB of data and there was no way I was going to move to a Share Everything plan, but at the same time I didn't want to lose the strength of Verizon's network. I need that coverage because of where I travel to visit family. I was originally offered the loyalty plan in July when I inquired as to my ETF, but since there wasn't a phone I wanted, the rep added the plan to my notes so that it'd still be offered to me when I was ready to buy a new phone. When I spoke to a rep to buy the Moto X, he had some trouble figuring out how to add the plan to my account, but it didn't take too long. The phone call probably didn't last longer than 10 or 15 minutes, which is worth it considering how much I'm saving.

I don't think there's much bloat on the Moto X, and all of it is easily disabled.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I am still on Verizon because they offered me a loyalty plan in order to get me to stay ($60 for unlimited talk/unlimited text/2GB data, which is $40 less than the equivalent Share Everything plan). The rep told me I was eligible for that plan because of my history with Verizon. I was honestly thinking about leaving because I didn't want to pay the same as I pay now for 2GB of data and there was no way I was going to move to a Share Everything plan, but at the same time I didn't want to lose the strength of Verizon's network. I need that coverage because of where I travel to visit family. I was originally offered the loyalty plan in July when I inquired as to my ETF, but since there wasn't a phone I wanted, the rep added the plan to my notes so that it'd still be offered to me when I was ready to buy a new phone. When I spoke to a rep to buy the Moto X, he had some trouble figuring out how to add the plan to my account, but it didn't take too long. The phone call probably didn't last longer than 10 or 15 minutes, which is worth it considering how much I'm saving.

I don't think there's much bloat on the Moto X, and all of it is easily disabled.

that is so wild. My sister and i were on the phone with verizon, this was 2 days ago, they were charging her $100/mo for 900 mins, 1000 texts, unlmtd data, she also bought insurance from them and something else i can't remember. They were charging her tons of money for overages and she had been with them for 10 years. i saw her bill, i was all, hell no, so then we called them. The rep was all, i really want to help but the best i can do is charge you $90/month or something for unltd text/talk, 2gb data, that she would be charging sis an extra $10 for the plan switch and would bill her for the new plan a month ahead of time, wouldn't do anything about the overages for that month, unless my sissy did the immediate $10 charge and early billing. We said what's the ETF, she said $260 but she'd see if she could find a way to keep my sissy. Nothing doing. So my sissy switched. 10. years. So lame.

Last edited:

JoseGui

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
So my sissy switched. 10. years. So lame.

I may threaten to leave as a negotiating tactic, but like Ultravisitor I don't think I'd actually switch from VZW as the network is just too good in my area. Probably my sole act of rebellion against the empire will be to buy the X rather than a new Droid phone :)

KHWong0425

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
to go back on the OP's question.

I had my Moto X for two days now. I upgraded from a GNex.; My brother has a HTC One, and had more than several occasions used his phone.

I was deciding between a Moto X (close to vanilla as possible, possible locked bootloader forever) and a HTC One (root/ and update to GPe rom)

I end up picking the Moto X for various reasons, and as of now, I have no regrets picking up this unit. It does everything I want, and some personal preference.

which confirmed my first want stock vs sense... im glad I didn't goto HTC One. but that is my preference, and I think that is really the major question, what experience do you prefer.

the "spec" sheet really does not do much justice to the end user for comparing the Moto X to HTCO and SGS4...

i'm a thumbs up for the Moto X

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I may threaten to leave as a negotiating tactic, but like Ultravisitor I don't think I'd actually switch from VZW as the network is just too good in my area.

Just an FYI: I had actually called a bunch of times about my ETF; it's not like I only called once and inquired about it. I had been expressing some interest in leaving for a while, and that may have been in the notes for my account, as well. The loyalty plan wasn't offered to me until after I had called a bunch of times and asked specifically to speak to someone regarding canceling service.