09-05-2013 04:08 AM
235 123 ...
tools
    I want one, I have an HTC One but I'm contemplating selling this for one of those...
    I want to know how everyone likes theirs! Share any and all opinions/reviews!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    08-25-2013 06:56 PM
    I don't have a Moto X but I also have an HTC One and I'm curious. Why would you want to switch from the HTC One to a Moto X? In every way its a downgrade. Is it just because its the new phone on the block? If you want a good 720p res phone get the Nexus 4 for half the price and it has better specs.
    ConTejas and benhmadison like this.
    08-25-2013 07:03 PM
    Going from garbage Sense to nearly pure Android is hardly a downgrade.
    08-25-2013 07:11 PM
    Not true. **** the specs. Moto X is OPTIMIZED to run silky smooth. HTC One IMO is a ***** to hold. Moto X is a good phone when I went to play with it I wanted it immediately .
    big_time2 and akhi216 like this.
    08-25-2013 07:13 PM
    Going from garbage Sense to nearly pure Android is hardly a downgrade.
    So if that's your thinking why not actually get pure Android with the Nexus 4 and spend less?

Sent from my HTC One
    philly and big_time2 like this.
    08-25-2013 07:16 PM
    So if that's your thinking why not actually get pure Android with the Nexus 4 and spend less?

Sent from my HTC One
    LTE, build quality, Active Notifications, Touchless Control, Moto Assist.

I had the Nexus 4 and HTC One. Selling the One. The X is the total package.
    08-25-2013 07:22 PM
    I actually have a developer edition htc one and I'm likely "downgrading" to the moto x. I've been able to play with one for about 2 hours and it is as fast, if not faster than the one in normal usage. I like my one, but the voice control, NFC skip feature and a few other things are winning me over. I also really like the smaller form factor while still maintaining the larger screen size.
    08-25-2013 07:23 PM
    Not true. **** the specs. Moto X is OPTIMIZED to run silky smooth. HTC One IMO is a ***** to hold. Moto X is a good phone when I went to play with it I wanted it immediately .
    The Nexus 4 is made to run buttery smooth with actual stock Android. Why not get that for less? I never said the Moto X was a bad phone, I'm just curious about what he would switch for.
    08-25-2013 07:24 PM
    The Moto X is awesome! Runs faster and smoother than any other android smartphone out there. Well at least any of the current crop of top tier ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    big_time2 likes this.
    08-25-2013 07:25 PM
    A few reasons why I do not want a Nexus 4:

1. I've held both, and the Moto X build and form factor are superior.
    2. I don't want completely pure Android; I want the Moto X features, such as Touchless Control and Active Notifications.
    3. I'm on Verizon, and I want to stay there for the coverage.

I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend that people actually like and want the Moto X. It's unfortunate that you cannot look past a spec sheet.
    08-25-2013 07:26 PM
    I am definitely getting the moto x especially after testing it at the store, which feels amazing and FAST! The only problem is whether or not I should order now or wait till they got WOOD! Because right now I am sooo tired of my iphone dying after 3 hours, my hand hurting from holding the phone, and its lack of innovating new ideas. I am plain out tired of the same phone being pushed without total quality and creativeness (iphone 4s & iphone5).
    tippmann15 likes this.
    08-25-2013 07:29 PM
    I don't have a Moto X but I also have an HTC One and I'm curious. Why would you want to switch from the HTC One to a Moto X? In every way its a downgrade. Is it just because its the new phone on the block? If you want a good 720p res phone get the Nexus 4 for half the price and it has better specs.
    I know what you're saying and I felt the same way before owning the X. Specs truly don't mean a thing here. The X is faster than the One in every way. I have both and everything is faster and smoother on the X. Don't even get me started on how it compares speed wise to the GS4 (lag monster). Lol.

roadkizzle likes this.
    08-25-2013 07:30 PM
    I know what you're saying and I felt the same way before owning the X. Specs truly don't mean a thing here. The X is faster than the One in every way. I have both and everything is faster and smoother on the X. Don't even get me started on how it compares speed wise to the GS4 (lag monster). Lol.

I also love how Motorola concentrated on the user experience and actually added features that benefit the user. Not gimmicky features. I want to support a company like that.
    CrazyRussian007 likes this.
    08-25-2013 07:33 PM
    The Nexus 4 is made to run buttery smooth with actual stock Android. Why not get that for less? I never said the Moto X was a bad phone, I'm just curious about what he would switch for.
    You actually called it a downgrade. It seems that a lot of folks are disagreeing with your opinion on this. The problem for me with the Nexus 4 is that it can use LTE, it's bigger and bulkier, and it lacks some of the new features that are on the Moto X.

- - - Updated - - -

You actually called it a downgrade. It seems that a lot of folks are disagreeing with your opinion on this. The problem for me with the Nexus 4 is that it can use LTE, it's bigger and bulkier, and it lacks some of the new features that are on the Moto X.
    08-25-2013 07:33 PM
    A few reasons why I do not want a Nexus 4:

1. I've held both, and the Moto X build and form factor are superior.
    2. I don't want completely pure Android; I want the Moto X features, such as Touchless Control and Active Notifications.
    3. I'm on Verizon, and I want to stay there for the coverage.

I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend that people actually like and want the Moto X. It's unfortunate that you cannot look past a spec sheet.
    All you had to say, for your personal situation, was your carrier is Verizon. I can look past a spec sheet and I find some things about the Moto X appealing but I was curious to the OP's reason of wanting to switch from his current HTC One. Sorry if that bothers you.
    08-25-2013 07:41 PM
    All you had to say, for your personal situation, was your carrier is Verizon.
    My personal situation? Even if I was on T-Mobile, I'd be getting a Moto X over a Nexus 4.
    ki11ak3nn likes this.
    08-25-2013 07:44 PM
    In terms of HTC One → Moto X, it'd be a tough call. I have the Nexus 4 and I've contemplated getting the HTC One. Its beautiful and Sense is far from garbage IMO. Compared to other skins, it ranks top for me. LG has perhaps the worst of all skins.

Anyway, I think the Moto X would be somewhat of an improvement, or at least they're pretty even. Moto X has the size and user experience, but I believe the One has a better camera and useful options Sense provides. Both good phones. If it comes down to it, you can't beat Stock Android. Just wish the camera was better. X is definitely better than the N4 though just considering LTE alone.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-25-2013 07:46 PM
    You claimed it was a downgrade from the HTC One and the Nexus 4 in every way. It seems that some folks are trying to dispel you of that notion.
    08-25-2013 07:49 PM
    In terms of HTC One → Moto X, it'd be a tough call. I have the Nexus 4 and I've contemplated getting the HTC One. Its beautiful and Sense is far from garbage IMO. Compared to other skins, it ranks top for me. LG has perhaps the worst of all skins.

Anyway, I think the Moto X would be somewhat of an improvement, or at least they're pretty even. Moto X has the size and user experience, but I believe the One has a better camera and useful options Sense provides. Both good phones. If it comes down to it, you can't beat Stock Android. Just wish the camera was better. X is definitely better than the N4 though just considering LTE alone.

Posted via Android Central App
    If the camera were just a bit better, it would be no contest, X all the way.
    jrvtecaccord likes this.
    08-25-2013 07:49 PM
    You claimed it was a downgrade from the HTC One and the Nexus 4 in every way. It seems that some folks are trying to dispel you of that notion.
    I never said it was a downgrade from the Nexus 4. I was giving an alternative if your looking for a stock Android experience with similar specs for less money.
    08-25-2013 07:55 PM
    It seems that some folks are trying to dispel you of that notion.
    Then he claimed that he could find some things appealing about the X, but then ignored all the reasons why I said I wanted an X over a Nexus 4 and basically said it was because I'm on Verizon. @_@
    08-25-2013 07:56 PM
    Guys let's not make this ugly or about flaming someone. I just wanted to know everyone's opinion which I have gotten a few of. Here's my list of reasons for wanting it.
    1. The X is very close to stock, which I have grown to like, with the features of a phone with a skin. It isn't bogged down at all like the S4 and the display models I've had the chance to mess with were super zippy.
    2. Love the software adds. Love touch less control and active display. I think breathing is cool!!!
    3. I want to customize mine, make it truly mine and one that hopefully not everyone has. I understand the limitations of the customizing options will make sure someone else out there has my exact phone but that's okay.
    4. It feels better in the hand. The One is a touch too big because of how the bottom and top bezels house the speakers and capacitive buttons...
    5. ...which brings me to point 5. As of buying the Nexus 7 I love on screen buttons. Don't know why, just do.
    6. Lastly, I use speaker phone a lot and it has a very loud speaker.

I understand the display is a less spectacular screen but I am not a pixel junkie and only slightly notice a difference in displays even side by side. The only thing I'm worried about is the equalizer. I actually love Beats (flame me if you want) and will likely root to install.

That's my reasoning for wanting it. Planning on getting this ball rolling soon.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
    08-25-2013 08:51 PM
    Hey, now I just thought of something...

One of the perceived disadvantages of getting a Google Play Edition S4 or HTC One was the loss of certain software features, specifically for the camera. I wonder what a flash of purely stock Android 4.3 would do for the Moto X's picture quality, since so many people seem to think it's a software issue.

Better yet, someone needs to crack this baby so we can load in the stock camera .apk by itself and keep everything else.
    08-25-2013 09:02 PM
    Because right now I am sooo tired of my iphone dying after 3 hours, my hand hurting from holding the phone, and its lack of innovating new ideas. I am plain out tired of the same phone being pushed without total quality and creativeness (iphone 4s & iphone5).
    Lol! Without quality? If the iPhone isn't quality, then there is not a quality phone on the market.
    08-25-2013 09:04 PM
    Hey, now I just thought of something...

One of the perceived disadvantages of getting a Google Play Edition S4 or HTC One was the loss of certain software features, specifically for the camera. I wonder what a flash of purely stock Android 4.3 would do for the Moto X's picture quality, since so many people seem to think it's a software issue.

Better yet, someone needs to crack this baby so we can load in the stock camera .apk by itself and keep everything else.
    People have taken pictures with 3rd party cameras and had the same result. I think it is the clear pixel that is letting in the 'extra' light. The main complaints are photos being washed out and having a funny white balance. Both of those could be cause by too much light coming in and it not being compensated for correctly. So while I believe this could be fixed with software, it would need to be processed for the specific sensor in this case. IOW, this specific sensor may require some processing tweaks that we are not getting yet.

At least this is what I am hoping. I am still waiting on my Maxx to arrive, and cameras are not as important to me as some, but I would like to see this camera improved if possible.
    JungleLarry likes this.
    08-25-2013 09:10 PM
235 123 ...