A few days in, how does everyone like their X?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I want one, I have an HTC One but I'm contemplating selling this for one of those...
I want to know how everyone likes theirs! Share any and all opinions/reviews!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Moto X but I also have an HTC One and I'm curious. Why would you want to switch from the HTC One to a Moto X? In every way its a downgrade. Is it just because its the new phone on the block? If you want a good 720p res phone get the Nexus 4 for half the price and it has better specs.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Not true. **** the specs. Moto X is OPTIMIZED to run silky smooth. HTC One IMO is a ***** to hold. Moto X is a good phone when I went to play with it I wanted it immediately .

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So if that's your thinking why not actually get pure Android with the Nexus 4 and spend less?

Sent from my HTC One

LTE, build quality, Active Notifications, Touchless Control, Moto Assist.

I had the Nexus 4 and HTC One. Selling the One. The X is the total package.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I actually have a developer edition htc one and I'm likely "downgrading" to the moto x. I've been able to play with one for about 2 hours and it is as fast, if not faster than the one in normal usage. I like my one, but the voice control, NFC skip feature and a few other things are winning me over. I also really like the smaller form factor while still maintaining the larger screen size.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Not true. **** the specs. Moto X is OPTIMIZED to run silky smooth. HTC One IMO is a ***** to hold. Moto X is a good phone when I went to play with it I wanted it immediately .

The Nexus 4 is made to run buttery smooth with actual stock Android. Why not get that for less? I never said the Moto X was a bad phone, I'm just curious about what he would switch for.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The Moto X is awesome! Runs faster and smoother than any other android smartphone out there. Well at least any of the current crop of top tier ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
So if that's your thinking why not actually get pure Android with the Nexus 4 and spend less?

A few reasons why I do not want a Nexus 4:

1. I've held both, and the Moto X build and form factor are superior.
2. I don't want completely pure Android; I want the Moto X features, such as Touchless Control and Active Notifications.
3. I'm on Verizon, and I want to stay there for the coverage.

I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend that people actually like and want the Moto X. It's unfortunate that you cannot look past a spec sheet.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I am definitely getting the moto x especially after testing it at the store, which feels amazing and FAST! The only problem is whether or not I should order now or wait till they got WOOD! Because right now I am sooo tired of my iphone dying after 3 hours, my hand hurting from holding the phone, and its lack of innovating new ideas. I am plain out tired of the same phone being pushed without total quality and creativeness (iphone 4s & iphone5).

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a Moto X but I also have an HTC One and I'm curious. Why would you want to switch from the HTC One to a Moto X? In every way its a downgrade. Is it just because its the new phone on the block? If you want a good 720p res phone get the Nexus 4 for half the price and it has better specs.

I know what you're saying and I felt the same way before owning the X. Specs truly don't mean a thing here. The X is faster than the One in every way. I have both and everything is faster and smoother on the X. Don't even get me started on how it compares speed wise to the GS4 (lag monster). Lol.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I know what you're saying and I felt the same way before owning the X. Specs truly don't mean a thing here. The X is faster than the One in every way. I have both and everything is faster and smoother on the X. Don't even get me started on how it compares speed wise to the GS4 (lag monster). Lol.

I also love how Motorola concentrated on the user experience and actually added features that benefit the user. Not gimmicky features. I want to support a company like that.

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
The Nexus 4 is made to run buttery smooth with actual stock Android. Why not get that for less? I never said the Moto X was a bad phone, I'm just curious about what he would switch for.

You actually called it a downgrade. It seems that a lot of folks are disagreeing with your opinion on this. The problem for me with the Nexus 4 is that it can use LTE, it's bigger and bulkier, and it lacks some of the new features that are on the Moto X.

- - - Updated - - -

You actually called it a downgrade. It seems that a lot of folks are disagreeing with your opinion on this. The problem for me with the Nexus 4 is that it can use LTE, it's bigger and bulkier, and it lacks some of the new features that are on the Moto X.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
A few reasons why I do not want a Nexus 4:

1. I've held both, and the Moto X build and form factor are superior.
2. I don't want completely pure Android; I want the Moto X features, such as Touchless Control and Active Notifications.
3. I'm on Verizon, and I want to stay there for the coverage.

I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend that people actually like and want the Moto X. It's unfortunate that you cannot look past a spec sheet.

All you had to say, for your personal situation, was your carrier is Verizon. I can look past a spec sheet and I find some things about the Moto X appealing but I was curious to the OP's reason of wanting to switch from his current HTC One. Sorry if that bothers you.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
In terms of HTC One → Moto X, it'd be a tough call. I have the Nexus 4 and I've contemplated getting the HTC One. Its beautiful and Sense is far from garbage IMO. Compared to other skins, it ranks top for me. LG has perhaps the worst of all skins.

Anyway, I think the Moto X would be somewhat of an improvement, or at least they're pretty even. Moto X has the size and user experience, but I believe the One has a better camera and useful options Sense provides. Both good phones. If it comes down to it, you can't beat Stock Android. Just wish the camera was better. X is definitely better than the N4 though just considering LTE alone.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(11078)

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

You claimed it was a downgrade from the HTC One and the Nexus 4 in every way. It seems that some folks are trying to dispel you of that notion.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In terms of HTC One → Moto X, it'd be a tough call. I have the Nexus 4 and I've contemplated getting the HTC One. Its beautiful and Sense is far from garbage IMO. Compared to other skins, it ranks top for me. LG has perhaps the worst of all skins.

Anyway, I think the Moto X would be somewhat of an improvement, or at least they're pretty even. Moto X has the size and user experience, but I believe the One has a better camera and useful options Sense provides. Both good phones. If it comes down to it, you can't beat Stock Android. Just wish the camera was better. X is definitely better than the N4 though just considering LTE alone.

Posted via Android Central App

If the camera were just a bit better, it would be no contest, X all the way.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
You claimed it was a downgrade from the HTC One and the Nexus 4 in every way. It seems that some folks are trying to dispel you of that notion.

I never said it was a downgrade from the Nexus 4. I was giving an alternative if your looking for a stock Android experience with similar specs for less money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2