Picked up my Moto X as soon as they opened the doors on Friday...I was previously toting an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy Active. Well after spending the weekend with this phone I have decided to return the phone........and order a custom 32gb version! Absolutely love everything about this phone...everything is so smooth, no hiccups, the screen is nice 720 vs 1080 is a non-issue, colors are a little warm but not terrible....camera is just OK....iPhone 5 is a hard camera to beat, and #1 reason I can't get my wife over to android. The extras included are very nice, touchless which I have enjoyed in trying to be hands free in the car...

Ordered a Black/Navy back with Yellow accent....
    08-25-2013 07:08 PM
    iPhone 5 is a hard camera to beat, and #1 reason I can't get my wife over to android.
    My son has the S4 and I'm amazed at the great quality shots he gets with that thing. I'd lobby a guess that it would be a good competitor to the iPhone 5's camera.
    tanknitrous likes this.
    08-25-2013 07:12 PM
    Yes s4 camera is good. On the phone. Your looking at the pic on an oversaturated screen then an iPhone. So the picture will automatically pop more
    08-25-2013 07:15 PM
    Picked up my Moto X as soon as they opened the doors on Friday...I was previously toting an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy Active. Well after spending the weekend with this phone I have decided to return the phone........and order a custom 32gb version! Absolutely love everything about this phone...everything is so smooth, no hiccups, the screen is nice 720 vs 1080 is a non-issue, colors are a little warm but not terrible....camera is just OK....iPhone 5 is a hard camera to beat, and #1 reason I can't get my wife over to android. The extras included are very nice, touchless which I have enjoyed in trying to be hands free in the car...

How's the call quality ? VZW in my area has been pretty good and so has ATT.
    08-25-2013 07:23 PM
    How's the call quality ? VZW in my area has been pretty good and so has ATT.
    I so far have excellent call quality, but not that I can say anything too different from the other phones I had. I was previously with Verizon and it was a noticeable difference in poor quality calls vs ATT.
    08-25-2013 08:23 PM

It would be icing on the cake if Motorola pushed out some sort of firmware update adjusting the camera settings in a prompt manner.

Good to hear your experience!
    chrisdiaz73 and bp3dots like this.
    08-25-2013 08:26 PM
    All the reviews I have read said the camera isn't too great but it sounds like some of that might be fixed later as they might be software issues related to focusing and other camera functionality. iPhone 5 still have the best smartphone camera in my opinion and the new one coming out on Sept 10th will be even better. It's something Apple has always paid a lot of attention to.

08-27-2013 06:45 PM
    Congrats on the great experience Chris... Looking forward to you posting some pics of your color scheme. I must have played with Motomaker for a half hour the other day. Think I finally chose purple with Black trim...So in other words my favorite Loyd case color.
    08-27-2013 07:07 PM
    I see a lot of people hoping Motorola's camera will be fixed by software but i have owned the OG, the X, Razr, Droid 4, and Razr M and they have all had poor cameras. I never saw a software fix that made any of those cameras better. The problem lies with Motorola and the lack of importance they put into their cameras.

With that being said I look forward to getting my hands on one of the Droids or the Moto x.

All the reviews I have read said the camera isn't too great but it sounds like some of that might be fixed later as they might be software issues related to focusing and other camera functionality. iPhone 5 still have the best smartphone camera in my opinion and the new one coming out on Sept 10th will be even better. It's something Apple has always paid a lot of attention to.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4
    08-27-2013 08:08 PM
    I never saw a software fix that made any of those cameras better. The problem lies with Motorola and the lack of importance they put into their cameras.
    Given the massive improvements made to the Galaxy Nexus camera with the software update after it's debut, I'm confident Googorola will do something similar for the X.
    08-27-2013 08:45 PM
    Given the massive improvements made to the Galaxy Nexus camera with the software update after it's debut, I'm confident Googorola will do something similar for the X.
    The big difference is that Samsung made the GN and Motorola's track record of bad cameras.

Not trying to argue, i think Motorola makes a great phone, i just don't want people to get their hopes up for something that might not come.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    08-27-2013 11:41 PM
    The big difference is that Samsung made the GN and Motorola's track record of bad cameras.

Not trying to argue, i think Motorola makes a great phone, i just don't want people to get their hopes up for something that might not come.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    Understood, but the GN's camera was universally panned and suffered from far greater issues than what appears to be issues with the X. And almost every review that addressed the camera has indicated that the issues appear to be post-processing issues that should be fixable with a software adjustment. And, finally, considering that the X is so high profile for Moto, I would be stunned if they didn't push a fix out very soon.
    08-28-2013 07:10 AM
    Understood, but the GN's camera was universally panned and suffered from far greater issues than what appears to be issues with the X. And almost every review that addressed the camera has indicated that the issues appear to be post-processing issues that should be fixable with a software adjustment. And, finally, considering that the X is so high profile for Moto, I would be stunned if they didn't push a fix out very soon.
    The GN has a 5 M pixel camera. That was the major complaint. Mine takes acceptable photos. The HTC One has 4 Mp, in comparison. Too little in my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    08-28-2013 08:47 AM
    And, finally, considering that the X is so high profile for Moto, I would be stunned if they didn't push a fix out very soon.
    I hope that is the case. I love Motorola phones but always find myself looking for a new phone sooner than later because of the camera.
    08-28-2013 11:35 AM
    The GN has a 5 M pixel camera. That was the major complaint. Mine takes acceptable photos. The HTC One has 4 Mp, in comparison. Too little in my opinion.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
    It wasn't that it was just a 5MP camera. It originally had massive problems with focusing/blurry pictures. The instant shutter release and the ability to actually capture a non-blurry image were very bad for each other until after the software patch. After that, yeah, the pics were acceptable for a 5MP shooter.
    08-28-2013 06:46 PM
    My son has the S4 and I'm amazed at the great quality shots he gets with that thing. I'd lobby a guess that it would be a good competitor to the iPhone 5's camera.
    Every detailed review I have seen says they are equal except in a few minor ways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-31-2013 02:25 AM
    Yes s4 camera is good. On the phone. Your looking at the pic on an oversaturated screen then an iPhone. So the picture will automatically pop more
    Put it in photo mode then.
    09-03-2013 11:48 PM