08-31-2013 01:16 AM
41 12
tools
    The s4 camera is very good the moto x camera is worse until they fix it up and it has older hardware then the one and s4 but if you liked to customize your phone and all the gestures also pure stock jelly bean with a little bit of a touch with motorola it will be the moto x if you like the screen and HTC sense and low light photos its the one and if you are an average user and like simple and a smaller screen so you could reach your thumb across the screen its the iPhone 5 and like you said you don't like touch wiz you shouldn't go with the note 3 I would go with the note 3 but I would recommend the moto x as you can customize it and almost have pure stock jelly bean

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    markbc likes this.
    08-27-2013 09:46 AM
    3 years?, go vanilla, get a N4.
    08-27-2013 10:52 AM
    Wow!
    24 & 22 those are great speeds
    And if you're comfortable with it..that's what counts.

The switch from ios does take some work, but it's not so terrible.

Also this year seems to be the first when android phones finally are getting decent battery life on a wide range of phones...

Just comparing what I have for my phone and what my wife can do (which is more then when I used a 3gs ages ago), I think the cloud services we have in android are more robust than apples;

Finally, you do have the newest phone with an innovative approach to the interface.

That will go far, and even an unrooted, stock Moto x has options than may induce you to keep it more than the 1st 30 days.. :-) :-)

good luck!

Posted via Android Central App
    08-27-2013 11:48 AM
    I'd say the X, unless price to performance matters to you or specs in general.
    08-27-2013 04:47 PM
    I absolutely hate iTunes. And I absolutely love the customization available with Android. I also don't trust that HTC will update the One as I believe Moto will update the X. And I love stock Android. So X all the way for me.
    HTC One will have 4.3 by end of September.
    08-27-2013 08:55 PM
    I say get a cheap flip phone off ebay to tide you over (which I am doing right now) until all of the devices you want are out. This way you can make a good decision instead of a spur of the moment call. I had to hold myself back from buying an S3 or Galaxy Nexus off ebay this weekend since I can't stand flip phones, but its humbling to remember what it was all about years before the smartphone started.
    08-27-2013 09:04 PM
    I thinking the Note 3 will be worth waiting for.

Sent from my humble Note 8.0 LTE
    Not when you don't have a functioning phone. Reread the OP.
    08-27-2013 10:25 PM
    Well with the new Nexus 4 pricing.......
    08-27-2013 11:01 PM
    And KLP will be out in October. With the stock skin on X its more likely to get updates faster.

08-28-2013 01:46 AM
    Yes it is, but I would not count on much beyond that given the company's massive issues.
    08-28-2013 06:12 AM
    I absolutely hate iTunes. And I absolutely love the customization available with Android. I also don't trust that HTC will update the One as I believe Moto will update the X. And I love stock Android. So X all the way for me.
    You don't have to use iTunes with an iPhone.

Posted via my awesome rooted Nexus 4 and Android Central App)
    08-28-2013 07:35 PM
    And KLP will be out in October. With the stock skin on X its more likely to get updates faster.

The only phones that are guaranteed to get updates quickly are Nexus devices. All of the other phones will get updated when the Carrier decides to update. You don't get quicker updates because the O/S is closer to vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't have to use iTunes with an iPhone.

Then what's the point in having an iPhone?
    08-28-2013 10:21 PM
    The only phones that are guaranteed to get updates quickly are Nexus devices. All of the other phones will get updated when the Carrier decides to update. You don't get quicker updates because the O/S is closer to vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Then what's the point in having an iPhone?
    Doing smartphone stuff perhaps?

/s
    What makes you think think you have to use the iTunes app on PC to manage your iPhone?

08-29-2013 01:49 AM
    Doing smartphone stuff perhaps?

/s
    What makes you think think you have to use the iTunes app on PC to manage your iPhone?

You don't have to use iTunes to manage your iPhone. But you're missing out on a key feature - the ability to get content onto the phone easily. And before you tell me you have an awesome way to manage your iPhone without iTunes, I'll say this. If your way was BETTER then EVERYONE would do it, and they DO NOT.

So have fun on your Redhat linux box managing your iPhone using a combination of Wine and ... whatever. /s
    08-29-2013 09:43 PM
    You don't have to use iTunes to manage your iPhone. But you're missing out on a key feature - the ability to get content onto the phone easily. And before you tell me you have an awesome way to manage your iPhone without iTunes, I'll say this. If your way was BETTER then EVERYONE would do it, and they DO NOT.

So have fun on your Redhat linux box managing your iPhone using a combination of Wine and ... whatever. /s
    I have a Mac.

08-30-2013 06:51 AM
    It hasn't been necessary to use iTunes with iPhones for several years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    08-31-2013 01:16 AM
41 12