09-30-2013 01:18 AM
88 1234
tools
    I'm on a shared everything 8gb/month plan - does this mean I have free tethering/hotspot?

I saw this line in my plan: "4G Mobile Hotspot Provisioning $0.00"
    08-31-2013 02:09 PM
    I have PDanet and Foxfi. I've yet to get the wireless hotspot to work, but i have gotten the tethering to work totally fine.
    09-01-2013 08:07 AM
    Very interested to hear from the Verizon folks with the grandfathered unlimited plan if they have tethering and hotspot working with Foxfi.

Hopefully no impact with the rumored? Sept 4th roll out of 4.3... (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...-sept-4th.html).
    09-01-2013 05:49 PM
    AT&T FoxFi or other Tethering solution on unlimited data plan-1378085809362.jpg

No problems with my brand new Moto X on Verizon!

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-01-2013 08:38 PM
    I have PDanet and Foxfi. I've yet to get the wireless hotspot to work, but i have gotten the tethering to work totally fine.
    Is this on AT&T with an unlimited data plan?
    09-01-2013 11:13 PM
    Just tried it out, guess it works on my VZW unlimited Moto X. Now I have a thing in the notifications bar that says "your hotspot or wifi is active, touch here to setup" and won't swipe away.
    09-02-2013 09:55 AM
    Just tried it out, guess it works on my VZW unlimited Moto X. Now I have a thing in the notifications bar that says "your hotspot or wifi is active, touch here to setup" and won't swipe away.
    Then touch it.
    09-02-2013 10:05 AM
    Don't want my phone to report back to Verizon that I've been tethering or something stupid like that. I restarted and it went away.

Now my issue is that FoxFi had to install some sort of VPN to make the tethering work, and it made me put a pattern unlock on my phone. Now I've deleted FoxFi for now and I want to take the pattern unlock off, but that VPN stuff still won't let me go back to swipe unlock. Can't find the app or whatever to delete it now and I don't want to delete something that I need.
    09-02-2013 11:31 AM
    are you on unlimited data?
    Nope, I have a 10GB plan.
    09-02-2013 11:50 AM
    Don't want my phone to report back to Verizon that I've been tethering or something stupid like that. I restarted and it went away.

Now my issue is that FoxFi had to install some sort of VPN to make the tethering work, and it made me put a pattern unlock on my phone. Now I've deleted FoxFi for now and I want to take the pattern unlock off, but that VPN stuff still won't let me go back to swipe unlock. Can't find the app or whatever to delete it now and I don't want to delete something that I need.
    Settings>security>clear credentials will remove the requirement for your lock. (then you can go change/remove it.)
    jephanie likes this.
    09-02-2013 11:53 AM
    Settings>security>clear credentials will remove the requirement for your lock. (then you can go change/remove it.)
    If that doesn't work, the app info in the Play store instructs you to delete all credentials and that will remove the PIN lock requirement.
    09-02-2013 11:59 AM
    I use Portable Wi- Fi hotspot widget from the play store on my Galaxy Nexus, works fine. I have unlimited data on Verizon.Don't know if will work on the Moto X as I don;t have one yet.
    09-02-2013 11:59 AM
    If that doesn't work, the app info in the Play store instructs you to delete all credentials and that will remove the PIN lock requirement.
    That is removing the credentials
    09-02-2013 12:37 PM
    Awesome, thanks. Found this same instruction in a FoxFi thread.
    09-02-2013 01:06 PM
    That is removing the credentials
    D'oh. I misread the statement. LOL Was dealing with a teenager issue at the house when I was trying to read through the forum earlier.
    09-02-2013 01:09 PM
    I understand that on AT&T with the unlimited data plan the wifi hotspot will not work. Will the Bluetooth work , or if you physically tether the phone to a computer?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-03-2013 10:52 AM
    I understand that on AT&T with the unlimited data plan the wifi hotspot will not work. Will the Bluetooth work , or if you physically tether the phone to a computer?
    Believe me it's irrelevant -- I tried using the BT and USB connections for 2 hours, on a phone that *did* allow wifi tethering, and eventually gave up.
    09-03-2013 11:21 AM
    Believe me it's irrelevant -- I tried using the BT and USB connections for 2 hours, on a phone that *did* allow wifi tethering, and eventually gave up.
    I am on AT&T, I have the grandfathered unlimited plan, I have a galaxy s3, and have absolutely no problem using FoxFi in any way shape or matter. My question is will it work on the "Moto X" using BT or USB. Not on a phone that
    "did" allow it.

09-03-2013 12:35 PM
    I am on AT&T, I have the grandfathered unlimited plan, I have a galaxy s3, and have absolutely no problem using FoxFi in any way shape or matter. My question is will it work on the "Moto X" using BT or USB. Not on a phone that
    "did" allow it.
    Did you get the BT and USB ways to work on your S3? I never got them to work on my HTC One X.
    09-03-2013 12:42 PM
    Did you get the BT and USB ways to work on your S3? I never got them to work on my HTC One X.
    Yes to BT, there are instructions in the foxfi app walking through the procedure to get the Bluetooth working. Its a pain, you only have to do it once. I am using it on a work computer running XP.

09-03-2013 02:52 PM
    i have an unlimited data plan on verizon and using the hotspot feature alot. just wondering if any verizon customer with unlimited data was able to find a good way to use the hotspot on the moto x
    shanghai likes this.
    09-07-2013 03:03 AM
    Are you just using the one from the play store? Foxfi or pdanet? Could you post a link?

-Sent from my Droid Mini.-
    I'm using foxfi for pdanet on my X and works fine. I'm also grandfathered into verizons unlimited.

Using foxfi at home for WiFi at the rate of about 65 gig a month! Eat it Verizon!

tippmann15 likes this.
    09-07-2013 04:18 PM
    I'm using foxfi for pdanet on my X and works fine. I'm also grandfathered into verizons unlimited.

Using foxfi at home for WiFi at the rate of about 65 gig a month! Eat it Verizon!

if you're using wifi, why do you need pdanet? i thought the pdanet on your computer is needed only for usb/bluetooth tethering. and pdanet isn't needed on your phone if you have foxfi. foxfi is a standalone app.
    09-07-2013 10:13 PM
    My Fox Fi on Verizon requires a certificate be installed which requires a lock screen which crippled touchless controls. Very bummed by this. Not able to find solution.

09-08-2013 03:50 AM
    All the time I've had Foxfi I had two icons in notification bar while active. One blue for Foxfi one Grey for pda. Net

09-08-2013 03:54 AM
88 1234