09-30-2013 02:18 AM
88 ... 234
tools
    I'm sorry but I don't believe you. Unless AT&T has a special malicious deal with Motorola/Google to block it for them.
    Lol that's OK. If I could figure out how to post screenshots here I would but have a headache and don't care to prove myself. Why would I lie about something as trivial as that.
    I believe this forum (and most forums) is here for users to help each other....not mislead each other.

Posted via my MotoX
    09-11-2013 10:24 AM
    Returned my Moto X. This behavior on the side of AT&T/Moto/Google is deeply unethical and a deal killer for me. I pay $30/month for an unlimited plan of which I use 3GB including tethering. I'm going back to an HTC One with Modaco Switch to accomplish what is only fair.
    If you're looking for ethics in big business I think you will be disappointed. Sorry to hear you're returning you X. I love mine. If I can figure out how to post a pic here using the forum app I will. Maybe then you'll believe my use of foxfi. I'll show ya my data use as well. If you're happy with the X I would suggest giving foxfi a try for yourself. I think you'll be pleased with its ability to work around the lack of corporate ethics which is charging you more for what you should already have. I don't disagree with you but I'm not willing to give up an awesome device out of bitterness. If I were, it would be more than just my phone provider that would be getting what they sold me delivered back to them

Posted via my MotoX
    09-11-2013 10:58 AM
    OK, please accept my apology for not believing you.

I read somewhere that it was a special "deal" (or something like it) between AT&T and Motorola that makes FoxFi not work (and I tried it and it didn't work). So I guess I could have switched to Verizon. But for now I'll wait for the Nexus 5 to come out and see if that allows FoxFi to work.

Lol that's OK. If I could figure out how to post screenshots here I would but have a headache and don't care to prove myself. Why would I lie about something as trivial as that.
    I believe this forum (and most forums) is here for users to help each other....not mislead each other.

Posted via my MotoX
    09-12-2013 02:02 AM
    VZW unlimited data, PDAnet with pattern lock working fine on my X ! Also have free no-lock app that I can turn on to disable lock. Tap the lock enable icon and wi-fi back in business.
    09-22-2013 04:49 PM
    Both my sons phone and my X are on Verizon with unlimited data. We both use foxfi with zero issues. In fact I have it on now while my youngest son is using it for Xbox Live right now

Posted via my MotoX
    09-22-2013 06:32 PM
    VZW unlimited data, PDAnet with pattern lock working fine on my X ! Also have free no-lock app that I can turn on to disable lock. Tap the lock enable icon and wi-fi back in business.
    Hey! That free no lock app sounds interesting! What's it called?

Posted via my MotoX
    09-22-2013 06:39 PM
    yes. thats what I have to do every time I tether, which is a lot. Then I have to go through the hassle of uninstalling the certificate and then removing the pattern lock. This make the touchless work more seamlessly. Im not sure why FoxFi requires this certificate. May be an OS problem or just the company trying to secure their app better. Miss the way it worked on my GN.
    09-23-2013 06:48 AM
    IM rooted now on VZW. Cannot find a solution to tether without it checking in with verizon and it telling me to call customer service. Sux. Any help would be great. miss having the ease of using touchless control.
    09-23-2013 06:52 AM
    IM rooted now on VZW. Cannot find a solution to tether without it checking in with verizon and it telling me to call customer service. Sux. Any help would be great. miss having the ease of using touchless control.
    here you go, you will need root first [MOD][VZW][AT&T][SPR] Native tether - xda-developers
    09-23-2013 10:14 AM
    I think we should change this thread to discussing tethering solutions with AT&T specifically. It's obvious at this point that tethering works flawlessly with Verizon, but the real question remains how to get it to work with AT&T. Thanks for the responses so far anyway.
    09-29-2013 08:12 PM
    I think we should change this thread to discussing tethering solutions with AT&T specifically. It's obvious at this point that tethering works flawlessly with Verizon, but the real question remains how to get it to work with AT&T. Thanks for the responses so far anyway.
    Does the link posted right above your post not work on ATT? The title suggests it works...

Sent from my Nexus 7
    09-29-2013 09:17 PM
    Does the link posted right above your post not work on ATT? The title suggests it works...
    It requires that I root my phone, doesn't it?

a) Is rooting legal?
    b) If yes, how do I do it (I have no problem executing the shell commands in the post in the link, but need to root before, it seems)?
    09-30-2013 12:00 AM
    It requires that I root my phone, doesn't it?

a) Is rooting legal?
    b) If yes, how do I do it (I have no problem executing the shell commands in the post in the link, but need to root before, it seems)?
    start here [Root/Write Protection Bypass] MotoX (no unlock needed) - xda-developers
    09-30-2013 02:18 AM
88 ... 234