Help with Moto X font size

aco905

May 22, 2012
Visit site
I went back to the AT&T store today to see if there was something I missed. I installed Flipboard on the Moto X and the HTC One. I went into the accessibility settings on both phones and set the font to their largest settings. In the Moto X , there is only one choice, that choice is large text. I opened Flipboard, there was no change in the font size. I currently have a galaxy s3 when I change the font size to large, it is system wide. In Flipboard it increases the font size. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to change the font size in either the Moto X or the HTC One so that it will affect apps such as Flipboard? I appreciate this group's help thanks in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I went back to the AT&T store today to see if there was something I missed. I installed Flipboard on the Moto X and the HTC One. I went into the accessibility settings on both phones and set the font to their largest settings. In the Moto X , there is only one choice, that choice is large text. I opened Flipboard, there was no change in the font size. I currently have a galaxy s3 when I change the font size to large, it is system wide. In Flipboard it increases the font size. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a way to change the font size in either the Moto X or the HTC One so that it will affect apps such as Flipboard? I appreciate this group's help thanks in advance.

A couple of things:
- Change the font size in the "Display" settings, not accessibility.
- Flipboard allows for its own font size settings - make those larger or smaller depending on your preference. It seems that Flipboard doesn't follow the system font size settng, but uses its own.

aco905

May 22, 2012
Visit site
A couple of things:
- Change the font size in the "Display" settings, not accessibility.
- Flipboard allows for its own font size settings - make those larger or smaller depending on your preference. It seems that Flipboard doesn't follow the system font size settng, but uses its own.

I was unable to find the font size setting in the Flipboard app. That would definitely solve all my problems. Thanks for your help

aco905

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I went into Flipboard and found the settings to change the font size. I had no idea that was there. I sure do appreciate you pointing that out many thanks.

THARD

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to change the text size in the default test message app? I have the font size under display set to largest but it does not seem to effect the font size in the text app much.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to change the text size in the default test message app? I have the font size under display set to largest but it does not seem to effect the font size in the text app much.

On my phone, changing the font size does change the text size in the stock text message app. Not sure why yours hasn't changed, but maybe a reboot might help?

THARD

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
You are correct it does change when you change globally just not very much. Several other phones (HTC One for example) allow you to change the font size globally as well within the stock text app.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Without rooting, there aren't a lot of options for the system font. You could try a launcher like Go Launcher, which I believe has a font Chooser available.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC