Having issues with Moto X already...

MotoX405

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i asked a question earlier about how to set current location on the moto x's google now feature. I am new to android and i came from iOS. Its starting to **** me off because if i ask for directions it does one of two things, thinks I'm in new york (yes location services is on and my home address is set in my stuff) or it doesn't update my current information. Honestly i shouldn't have expected anything different with android. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Android nerds bashed siri but at least it knew where i was EVERY TIME. any help? sorry I'm just really frustrated this damn thing isn't cheap

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
goto settings-> location access and make sure everything is turned ON and checked in , open google maps and make sure a blinking icon appears in the notification bar and then your location should be locked in few seconds. I beleive after this you should able to ask for directions and navigation should stat from your location.

Ok so i asked a question earlier about how to set current location on the moto x's google now feature. I am new to android and i came from iOS. Its starting to **** me off because if i ask for directions it does one of two things, thinks I'm in new york (yes location services is on and my home address is set in my stuff) or it doesn't update my current information. Honestly i shouldn't have expected anything different with android. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Android nerds bashed siri but at least it knew where i was EVERY TIME. any help? sorry I'm just really frustrated this damn thing isn't cheap

MotoX405

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Alright I'm still having issues. it still thinks I'm in manhattan when I'm in michigan. i doubled checked location services. I only ask because if I'm on vacation or not in my hometown i want it to give me directions from my current location not my home address every time. Im talking about asking for directions with google now that is.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
go to your google now settings, privacy & accounts->Google Location settings, enable Access Locations & location reporting, try that. Hope that addresses your issue.

Alright I'm still having issues. it still thinks I'm in manhattan when I'm in michigan. i doubled checked location services. I only ask because if I'm on vacation or not in my hometown i want it to give me directions from my current location not my home address every time. Im talking about asking for directions with google now that is.

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Is google maps app pulling your location?

Make sure GPS is functioning, and that you're using it with current location not home location.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I've owned tons of android and never experienced that. Don't blame android, it's either user error or a defective device.

Sent from my XT1058

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Google Now on my iphone does that all the time...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt....dont necessarity think its a phone issue maybe a google now issue

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Never had an issue once with location on any of my android phones. It could be a defective unit. No reason to bash android for that. It makes you sound spiteful and you won't get much help.

Posted via Android Central App

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Honestly i shouldn't have expected anything different with android.

Wait, so you're saying this about an OS designed by the same company that makes the most used mapping software in the world. And you're coming from a company who made the worst mapping software in the world.

I highly doubt this has anything to do with Android as a whole.

Oh, and apparently you are new to forums as well. Don't start two threads on the same day about the same problem. I'm sorry you have an issue, but feel free to bump your ONE thread until someone helps you solve it. If I had a phone with Google Now or the X, I'd help you more.

Last edited:

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Wait, so you're saying this about an OS designed by the same company that makes the most used mapping software in the world. And you're coming from a company who made the worst mapping software in the world.

Oh, and apparently you are new to forums as well. Don't start two threads on the same day about the same problem. I'm sorry you have an issue, but feel free to bump your ONE thread until someone helps you solve it. If I had a phone with Google Now or the X, I'd help you more.

I think your first paragraph is a bit of an overstatement.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue with gps on my Droid Ultra....it kept saying I was in New Jersey when I was in Wisconsin.

Go into the play store and download GPS Status and Toolbox. Go into menu > Settings > Tools > Manage GPS State > Reset > Download

That fixed it for me

Spoken into my Droid Ultra and delivered to you via Tapatalk!

CellGuy

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I would help but when you start by running your mouth about something that's probably user error anyway...you are on your own sir. Go back to the iPhone!!

Last edited:

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I agree with some of the other posts. If you already have condemned Android then you will not have a good experience no matter what. Since you "shouldn't have expected anything else from Android", just go back to your Apple Maps that are obviously so accurate and useful. It will never cease to amaze me how Apple fans STILL will act like iPhone is better at navigation and GPS when they're precious company released a product like Apple Maps. Obviously there's a setting you need to change, or you got a defective device that you need to get replaced. And before you say that iPhone's never are defective, remember the massive problem with the 4 and it's antenna issues.

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Try using a GPS helper app like this:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&hl=en&token=fgZVyQpo

See if that makes a difference. But I have to say if you aren't getting a correct GPS fix in any app that uses GPS you probably have a defective phone and need to take the phone back for a replacement. All phones no matter what brand or OS occasionally come out with a defect or problem, it happens and is just a part of life.

Frankly you are wasting your time posting to this forum and further frustrating everyone including yourself. You have a brand new device that just launched and is under warranty. All you need to do is bring it into an AT&T store and have them resolve this for you, which shouldn't take much time at all. Go to one of the big stores that has everything, not one of those Kiosks in the mall or small hole in the wall for best service.

Good luck

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Plenty of android devices have had GPS issues including most recently the new Nexus 7.

Never had an issue once with location on any of my android phones. It could be a defective unit. No reason to bash android for that. It makes you sound spiteful and you won't get much help.

snookasnoo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So you have never used Apple Maps. Got it. It had its issues at first but is very good now. I use it extensively without issue and know many other people who travel as much as I do who also have no issues.

Last edited:

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I returned 2 4s iPhone in 30 days because they would just crash to a blue screen. After the second one I sold it and came over to Android with an s3 then n4 and now a moto X in a few days.

I feel bad the guy is having an issue. Not a good into to Android or typical.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
try turning the phone off completely, wait a few seconds, turn it back on, when the phone boots back on see if the phone prompts you to accept a disclaimer about location services, if it does, accept it. if nothing pops up, go into google now and see if it made a difference (or if a disclaimer pops up at this point for you to accept).

keep us informed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc