Having issues with Moto X already...

attn1

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly i shouldn't have expected anything different with android. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Android nerds bashed siri but at least it knew where i was EVERY TIME. any help? sorry I'm just really frustrated this damn thing isn't cheap

Why are you apologizing? Because you rudely bashed something you don't understand, or because you rudely bashed all of Android and all of it's supporters with an inference that you must have lower expectations from Android.
I have no idea why anyone would want to help you get an answer for your issue, yet the "Android Nerds" you referred to are here doing just that. Die, troll.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Google now works.. Not as well as siri though. Why did you buy a moto x? I swear iPhone and moto x are battling for the same bad consumers. For that 199 you could of bought a much better android phone instead of the x.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Google now works.. Not as well as siri though. Why did you buy a moto x? I swear iPhone and moto x are battling for the same bad consumers. For that 199 you could of bought a much better android phone instead of the x.

Or not.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
What do you recommend?

for what carrier? for Verizon I would recommend the HTC One if you need it today. LG G2 if you can wait till tomorrow and the Note 3 if you can wait a month.

I don't think the X compares to any of those phones.. all of them have a quad core with a 1080p screen and a host of their own features. for example on the htc one.. would I rather have awesome front facing speakers and beats audio or touchless voice controls? seriously.. no one is using touchless voice controls.. people aren't using their phone from across the room and if you can't pick up a phone I feel bad for you.

not to mention lets be honest.. google now isn't ideal.

the active notifications is a neat little feature.. but in all the reviews the moto x has average battery life.. the whole concept of the active notifications and discrete cores was to allow the moto x an advantage in the battery.. it really has no advantage over the average phone in battery life.. maybe its because they stuck a small unchangeable battery in the phone.. but regardless it is what it is.

lets face it.. look at my OLD post history.. I had been hyping this phone and motorola for a long long time.. this phone is a DUD. the Moto maker feature is really cool but its not even across the board. I come from a RAZR M so I love the idea of a phone that is more about functioning than it is specs.. but not when it comes out with a high end contract price and really isn't anything but hype and useless features. how can you compare what you get from the g2 or one for 199 to what you get from the moto x?

I got an HTC one right now (about a week left on my 14 day return period if needed) but I am in love with this phone.. I always liked motorola because I thought they had dominant reception.. my htc one gets 4g where my razr m didnt even get 3g. and it switches from 3g to 4g in a second or two.. not 15-30 seconds.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd agree the One and G2 are also top 5 devices and it'd be hard to go wrong with either one, the Moto X or Nexus 4 (other than the impending refresh expected). Those are three very different devices going after distinct design philosophies so it's hard to stack then next to each other, but any issues are going to be rare and easily solvable on all of these devices. If your device really isn't zeroing in, it's either something in settings or something defective in the device. Either way, the advice to take it in and have it fixed is correct.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Why would I get the Moto X over the One, Note 3 (which doesnt retail for 199), and the G2? Simple:
1) Moto X is much smaller than these phones. All these phones are bigger than the Nexus 4 and Evo LTE I had which are both a little too big if you ask me. Plus every review I have seen so far says the Moto X is one of if not the best feeling device in the hand.
2) I can get a Wood Moto X (eventually).
3) No ****ty UI i have to cover up with launchers and stock applications. Sense 5 isn't that bad but I'll be damned if I was caught using Touchwiz or whatever the name of that thing LG puts on its phones.
4) Useful software features. I use Google now a lot, and i have to go through a lot of unnecessary motion to get to it (turn on phone, swipe up, then say google). Same with seeing the time and any incoming notifications. And thats not including other useful features like trusted devices. They may be useless to you but for me they are very exciting.
5) Its assembled in the US.
6) Did I mention wood backs? Yeah, count me in.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to argue with the best software, fastest and smoothest operation available and some added value features that are available nowhere else out of the box, all in a tiny package that is incredibly subtle. The only thing that I don't like about my X is the camera is not the best camera out by a long ways, but it's not bad either. It's head and shoulders above my G Nex and that took some good photos once you learned how to use it. It's just got nothing on the S4 or iPhone cameras.

tortex73

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

Hardly. I owned the other 2 top dogs (the HTC One and the GS4) and neither can hold a candle to the Moto X. Currently, there is no better phone on the market, Android or otherwise.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
for what carrier? for Verizon I would recommend the HTC One if you need it today. LG G2 if you can wait till tomorrow and the Note 3 if you can wait a month.

I don't think the X compares to any of those phones.. all of them have a quad core with a 1080p screen and a host of their own features. for example on the htc one.. would I rather have awesome front facing speakers and beats audio or touchless voice controls? seriously.. no one is using touchless voice controls.. people aren't using their phone from across the room and if you can't pick up a phone I feel bad for you.

not to mention lets be honest.. google now isn't ideal.

the active notifications is a neat little feature.. but in all the reviews the moto x has average battery life.. the whole concept of the active notifications and discrete cores was to allow the moto x an advantage in the battery.. it really has no advantage over the average phone in battery life.. maybe its because they stuck a small unchangeable battery in the phone.. but regardless it is what it is.

lets face it.. look at my OLD post history.. I had been hyping this phone and motorola for a long long time.. this phone is a DUD. the Moto maker feature is really cool but its not even across the board. I come from a RAZR M so I love the idea of a phone that is more about functioning than it is specs.. but not when it comes out with a high end contract price and really isn't anything but hype and useless features. how can you compare what you get from the g2 or one for 199 to what you get from the moto x?

I got an HTC one right now (about a week left on my 14 day return period if needed) but I am in love with this phone.. I always liked motorola because I thought they had dominant reception.. my htc one gets 4g where my razr m didnt even get 3g. and it switches from 3g to 4g in a second or two.. not 15-30 seconds.

I use touchless controls all the time.. I'm really enjoying moto assist also. The quad core argument was put to rest with andantech review.. So that argument is old news that you sound to be a bit late on.

HTC is to bulky and heavy for me. You can't disable blink feed and the functionality of sense is not as plain and simple as stock android. It does have a great camera though but I've had my moto for a week now and my gallery has a whole zero pictures in it, that's how much I care about a camera. To each his own

Posted via Android Central App

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I use touchless controls all the time.. I'm really enjoying moto assist also. The quad core argument was put to rest with andantech review.. So that argument is old news that you sound to be a bit late on.

HTC is to bulky and heavy for me. You can't disable blink feed and the functionality of sense is not as plain and simple as stock android. It does have a great camera though but I've had my moto for a week now and my gallery has a whole zero pictures in it, that's how much I care about a camera. To each his own

blinkfeed and sense are definite negatives of the htc one I agree. Motorola has had a near stock experience since the razr hd/maxx/m

Steve Garner

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Purchased Moto X and love the phone but Moto Assist does not work. Spent two hours with level 2 support from Motorola and they will have to refer to level 3. Not sure if I will keep this phone or swap while I can. New Iphone out Friday.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Purchased Moto X and love the phone but Moto Assist does not work. Spent two hours with level 2 support from Motorola and they will have to refer to level 3. Not sure if I will keep this phone or swap while I can. New Iphone out Friday.

My assist works flawlessly

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Why would I get the Moto X over the One, Note 3 (which doesnt retail for 199), and the G2? Simple:
1) Moto X is much smaller than these phones. All these phones are bigger than the Nexus 4 and Evo LTE I had which are both a little too big if you ask me. Plus every review I have seen so far says the Moto X is one of if not the best feeling device in the hand.
2) I can get a Wood Moto X (eventually).
3) No ****ty UI i have to cover up with launchers and stock applications. Sense 5 isn't that bad but I'll be damned if I was caught using Touchwiz or whatever the name of that thing LG puts on its phones.
4) Useful software features. I use Google now a lot, and i have to go through a lot of unnecessary motion to get to it (turn on phone, swipe up, then say google). Same with seeing the time and any incoming notifications. And thats not including other useful features like trusted devices. They may be useless to you but for me they are very exciting.
5) Its assembled in the US.
6) Did I mention wood backs? Yeah, count me in.

Sense is probably the worst launcher of any of the major bundled phone launchers and the most bloated. It only lets you have 4 screens that are like 4x4 icons. If you use widgets, forget it.

Ok you want a wood back? That's cool. One drop and you're ruined. You'll probably have a case on it.

The one has the best build quality of any android phone that's pretty much the universal opinion of anyone in the android world, and the most bundled storage for 199 - 32 GB. I'd love a red white and blue moto x though. That's enough for me to buy one - made in US

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I would disagree on the one having the best build quality. It has materials that people seem to prefer, but the engineering integrity and associated durability don't seem to be greater than any other flagships. There were too many complaints about gaps and other issues to claim it best in build quality.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Not everyone wants a metal phone, and as we learned between the iPhone 4s, 5 and then the HTC One, there are different levels of materials among metal and different levels of engineering execution with those materials. You seemed to be insinuating a knock against the commonly thought better built moto x in terms of build quality by changing the subject mid sentence to build material preferences.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i asked a question earlier about how to set current location on the moto x's google now feature. I am new to android and i came from iOS. Its starting to **** me off because if i ask for directions it does one of two things, thinks I'm in new york (yes location services is on and my home address is set in my stuff) or it doesn't update my current information. Honestly i shouldn't have expected anything different with android. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Android nerds bashed siri but at least it knew where i was EVERY TIME. any help? sorry I'm just really frustrated this damn thing isn't cheap

First - I'm sorry that you are frustrated with the transition to Android. I was submerged in iOS for years and just recently came back to Android. It took me a few days of internally whining but once I did all my updates and cleaned up the phone to my preferences, things changed. I am so very happy with my phone now. Was bored with iOS, happy with Android.

It does sound like there is some kind of setting that is making the phone get wonky (refer to previous posts about resetting) or just definitely swap out the phone. There definitely could be something wrong with the hardware.

If you really are committed to trying to get the hang of Android, you won't regret it. My husband drives me nuts with his whining about my swapping away from iOS but he can get over it =)

(PS - I also think some people reacted a bit harshly to your statement. Your incredibly frustrated and coming from iOS so this is almost like trying to read Greek - all I ever heard while having my iPhones was how terrible Android was, when I was transitioning I thought the same thing - but it will pass once you get the hang of it - and a working phone)

CrazyRussian007

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
First - I'm sorry that you are frustrated with the transition to Android. I was submerged in iOS for years and just recently came back to Android. It took me a few days of internally whining but once I did all my updates and cleaned up the phone to my preferences, things changed. I am so very happy with my phone now. Was bored with iOS, happy with Android.

It does sound like there is some kind of setting that is making the phone get wonky (refer to previous posts about resetting) or just definitely swap out the phone. There definitely could be something wrong with the hardware.

If you really are committed to trying to get the hang of Android, you won't regret it. My husband drives me nuts with his whining about my swapping away from iOS but he can get over it =)

(PS - I also think some people reacted a bit harshly to your statement. Your incredibly frustrated and coming from iOS so this is almost like trying to read Greek - all I ever heard while having my iPhones was how terrible Android was, when I was transitioning I thought the same thing - but it will pass once you get the hang of it - and a working phone)

Awww, such a nice reply! Thank you

desertdummy

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but I totally disagree. I've had my Moto X since day one and absolutely LOVE it. It has great battery life compared to my previous phone which was the Droid Bionic with the larger battery. Moto X does not stutter, hicup or lag. Does exactly what i need it to do each and every time. And it doesn't have some crappy bloated UI mucking up the works. It has everything I need and nothing that I don't need. It is AWESOME.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc