09-25-2013 03:27 PM
44 12
tools
    Ok so i asked a question earlier about how to set current location on the moto x's google now feature. I am new to android and i came from iOS. Its starting to **** me off because if i ask for directions it does one of two things, thinks I'm in new york (yes location services is on and my home address is set in my stuff) or it doesn't update my current information. Honestly i shouldn't have expected anything different with android. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Android nerds bashed siri but at least it knew where i was EVERY TIME. any help? sorry I'm just really frustrated this damn thing isn't cheap
    08-26-2013 11:10 PM
    goto settings-> location access and make sure everything is turned ON and checked in , open google maps and make sure a blinking icon appears in the notification bar and then your location should be locked in few seconds. I beleive after this you should able to ask for directions and navigation should stat from your location.

Ok so i asked a question earlier about how to set current location on the moto x's google now feature. I am new to android and i came from iOS. Its starting to **** me off because if i ask for directions it does one of two things, thinks I'm in new york (yes location services is on and my home address is set in my stuff) or it doesn't update my current information. Honestly i shouldn't have expected anything different with android. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Android nerds bashed siri but at least it knew where i was EVERY TIME. any help? sorry I'm just really frustrated this damn thing isn't cheap
    08-26-2013 11:17 PM
    Hit the blue Cross hairs on the bottom right
    08-26-2013 11:17 PM
    Alright I'm still having issues. it still thinks I'm in manhattan when I'm in michigan. i doubled checked location services. I only ask because if I'm on vacation or not in my hometown i want it to give me directions from my current location not my home address every time. Im talking about asking for directions with google now that is.
    08-26-2013 11:24 PM
    go to your google now settings, privacy & accounts->Google Location settings, enable Access Locations & location reporting, try that. Hope that addresses your issue.

Alright I'm still having issues. it still thinks I'm in manhattan when I'm in michigan. i doubled checked location services. I only ask because if I'm on vacation or not in my hometown i want it to give me directions from my current location not my home address every time. Im talking about asking for directions with google now that is.
    08-26-2013 11:39 PM
    Or maybe defective gps antenna.
    08-26-2013 11:54 PM
    Is google maps app pulling your location?

Make sure GPS is functioning, and that you're using it with current location not home location.
    08-27-2013 01:50 AM
    I've owned tons of android and never experienced that. Don't blame android, it's either user error or a defective device.

Sent from my XT1058
    08-27-2013 07:05 AM
    Google Now on my iphone does that all the time...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt....dont necessarity think its a phone issue maybe a google now issue
    08-27-2013 08:02 AM
    Never had an issue once with location on any of my android phones. It could be a defective unit. No reason to bash android for that. It makes you sound spiteful and you won't get much help.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-27-2013 08:09 AM
    Honestly i shouldn't have expected anything different with android.
    Wait, so you're saying this about an OS designed by the same company that makes the most used mapping software in the world. And you're coming from a company who made the worst mapping software in the world.

I highly doubt this has anything to do with Android as a whole.

Oh, and apparently you are new to forums as well. Don't start two threads on the same day about the same problem. I'm sorry you have an issue, but feel free to bump your ONE thread until someone helps you solve it. If I had a phone with Google Now or the X, I'd help you more.
    08-27-2013 08:17 AM
    Wait, so you're saying this about an OS designed by the same company that makes the most used mapping software in the world. And you're coming from a company who made the worst mapping software in the world.

Oh, and apparently you are new to forums as well. Don't start two threads on the same day about the same problem. I'm sorry you have an issue, but feel free to bump your ONE thread until someone helps you solve it. If I had a phone with Google Now or the X, I'd help you more.
    I think your first paragraph is a bit of an overstatement.

08-27-2013 08:55 AM
    I had the same issue with gps on my Droid Ultra....it kept saying I was in New Jersey when I was in Wisconsin.

Go into the play store and download GPS Status and Toolbox. Go into menu > Settings > Tools > Manage GPS State > Reset > Download

That fixed it for me

Spoken into my Droid Ultra and delivered to you via Tapatalk!
    08-27-2013 09:05 AM
    I would help but when you start by running your mouth about something that's probably user error anyway...you are on your own sir. Go back to the iPhone!!

LegalAmerican, Ry and desertdummy like this.
    08-27-2013 09:40 AM
    I agree with some of the other posts. If you already have condemned Android then you will not have a good experience no matter what. Since you "shouldn't have expected anything else from Android", just go back to your Apple Maps that are obviously so accurate and useful. It will never cease to amaze me how Apple fans STILL will act like iPhone is better at navigation and GPS when they're precious company released a product like Apple Maps. Obviously there's a setting you need to change, or you got a defective device that you need to get replaced. And before you say that iPhone's never are defective, remember the massive problem with the 4 and it's antenna issues.
    newsman787, Ry and desertdummy like this.
    08-28-2013 11:33 AM
    Try using a GPS helper app like this:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sstatus2&hl=en

See if that makes a difference. But I have to say if you aren't getting a correct GPS fix in any app that uses GPS you probably have a defective phone and need to take the phone back for a replacement. All phones no matter what brand or OS occasionally come out with a defect or problem, it happens and is just a part of life.

Frankly you are wasting your time posting to this forum and further frustrating everyone including yourself. You have a brand new device that just launched and is under warranty. All you need to do is bring it into an AT&T store and have them resolve this for you, which shouldn't take much time at all. Go to one of the big stores that has everything, not one of those Kiosks in the mall or small hole in the wall for best service.

Good luck
    08-28-2013 01:55 PM
    Plenty of android devices have had GPS issues including most recently the new Nexus 7.

Never had an issue once with location on any of my android phones. It could be a defective unit. No reason to bash android for that. It makes you sound spiteful and you won't get much help.

09-03-2013 10:37 PM
    So you have never used Apple Maps. Got it. It had its issues at first but is very good now. I use it extensively without issue and know many other people who travel as much as I do who also have no issues.

09-03-2013 10:38 PM
    I returned 2 4s iPhone in 30 days because they would just crash to a blue screen. After the second one I sold it and came over to Android with an s3 then n4 and now a moto X in a few days.

I feel bad the guy is having an issue. Not a good into to Android or typical.

09-03-2013 10:53 PM
    try turning the phone off completely, wait a few seconds, turn it back on, when the phone boots back on see if the phone prompts you to accept a disclaimer about location services, if it does, accept it. if nothing pops up, go into google now and see if it made a difference (or if a disclaimer pops up at this point for you to accept).

keep us informed.
    09-03-2013 11:45 PM
    Honestly i shouldn't have expected anything different with android. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Android nerds bashed siri but at least it knew where i was EVERY TIME. any help? sorry I'm just really frustrated this damn thing isn't cheap
    Why are you apologizing? Because you rudely bashed something you don't understand, or because you rudely bashed all of Android and all of it's supporters with an inference that you must have lower expectations from Android.
    I have no idea why anyone would want to help you get an answer for your issue, yet the "Android Nerds" you referred to are here doing just that. Die, troll.
    H2o and KentuckyHouse like this.
    09-11-2013 02:05 PM
    Google now works.. Not as well as siri though. Why did you buy a moto x? I swear iPhone and moto x are battling for the same bad consumers. For that 199 you could of bought a much better android phone instead of the x.
    09-11-2013 02:22 PM
    Google now works.. Not as well as siri though. Why did you buy a moto x? I swear iPhone and moto x are battling for the same bad consumers. For that 199 you could of bought a much better android phone instead of the x.
    Or not.
    09-11-2013 02:25 PM
    For that 199 you could of bought a much better android phone instead of the x.
    What do you recommend?
    09-11-2013 03:06 PM
    What do you recommend?
    for what carrier? for Verizon I would recommend the HTC One if you need it today. LG G2 if you can wait till tomorrow and the Note 3 if you can wait a month.

I don't think the X compares to any of those phones.. all of them have a quad core with a 1080p screen and a host of their own features. for example on the htc one.. would I rather have awesome front facing speakers and beats audio or touchless voice controls? seriously.. no one is using touchless voice controls.. people aren't using their phone from across the room and if you can't pick up a phone I feel bad for you.

not to mention lets be honest.. google now isn't ideal.

the active notifications is a neat little feature.. but in all the reviews the moto x has average battery life.. the whole concept of the active notifications and discrete cores was to allow the moto x an advantage in the battery.. it really has no advantage over the average phone in battery life.. maybe its because they stuck a small unchangeable battery in the phone.. but regardless it is what it is.

lets face it.. look at my OLD post history.. I had been hyping this phone and motorola for a long long time.. this phone is a DUD. the Moto maker feature is really cool but its not even across the board. I come from a RAZR M so I love the idea of a phone that is more about functioning than it is specs.. but not when it comes out with a high end contract price and really isn't anything but hype and useless features. how can you compare what you get from the g2 or one for 199 to what you get from the moto x?

I got an HTC one right now (about a week left on my 14 day return period if needed) but I am in love with this phone.. I always liked motorola because I thought they had dominant reception.. my htc one gets 4g where my razr m didnt even get 3g. and it switches from 3g to 4g in a second or two.. not 15-30 seconds.
    09-11-2013 06:15 PM
44 12