How do you think this phone will fare as far as updates go?

Currently have a Nexus 4 and am waiting for the Nexus 5 but if that is glass again I might go moto.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-27-2013 07:22 AM
    How do you think this phone will fare as far as updates go?

Currently have a Nexus 4 and am waiting for the Nexus 5 but if that is glass again I might go moto.

If it helps, i really doubt nexus will do glass again i'm sure the maker of the last one had to deal with many repairs.
    08-27-2013 07:26 AM
    I think updates will be faster than most other manufacturer updates, but not Nexus fast.

FWIW, the last rumor I read stated it would again have a glass back.

08-27-2013 07:46 AM
    Plus Google is making each feature a app store apk, should help updates since this won't have anything to do at the OS level.

08-27-2013 08:43 AM
    here is my prediction for the new Nexus 4.
    Made by Motorola with the Nexus 4 design look at front, Moto X back and edge to edge display.

Now about update, here is what Motorola did with the OS after Google bought them.
    Removed most Motorola applications and replaced it with Google apps.
    replaced My Gallery,Alarm & Timer and My Music with standard Google applications(Android).
    Chrome is the new browser on Moto X. Keyboard i believe is Google Keyboard
    Also they ripped the features that was integrated in to OS and made it as an app. even better they published it to Playstore so that they can update without OS update.

what does this tell you?? there is less app for Moto to build/Test to get the update pushed.
    Most build in app is now handled by Google and that saves them time. Moto dont have to worry about those apps at all.
    Since many features are ripped to apk less work merging code of new version of Android.

Moto X wont get update like the Nexus 4 but it will be faster than other OEM.
    08-27-2013 10:58 AM
    Obviously the first test will be if the Moto X can get version 4.3 before the end of September, which is when HTC is promising the update for their phones.
    08-27-2013 11:53 AM
    Obviously the first test will be if the Moto X can get version 4.3 before the end of September, which is when HTC is promising the update for their phones.
    Ohhh the pretty shades of blue you will turn holding your breath. lol

I am hoping for quick updates, but not counting on the carriers to cooperate.
    08-27-2013 12:01 PM
    Ohhh the pretty shades of blue you will turn holding your breath. lol

I am hoping for quick updates, but not counting on the carriers to cooperate.
    I absolutely agree with you. Fast updates would be nice but I've learned to have lowered expectations.
    08-27-2013 12:15 PM
    Updates all have to go to the carrier before their distributed. Moto X will not get updates any quicker than any other phone on your carrier.

08-27-2013 12:16 PM