08-30-2013 04:45 PM
135 1234 ...
tools
    What is kind of ridiculous is that while Verizon considers Droid Zap to be a reason to get one of the Droids instead of a Moto X, Droid Zap is actually in Google Play for anyone to download to their phone.
    It is on Google Play so people can set up their phone to receive Zaps. They cannot use it to send them.

I have a Maxx, and I doubt I will use this feature much. Sharing means 2 ways to me.
    08-28-2013 10:36 AM
    What is kind of ridiculous is that while Verizon considers Droid Zap to be a reason to get one of the Droids instead of a Moto X, Droid Zap is actually in Google Play for anyone to download to their phone.
    And so is most of the groundbreaking Moto X software. I know that it pains you to the hear this but the Moto X is just simply another droid. Its not the gnex that you are dreaming it is.......

Sent From My Droid Maxx
    08-28-2013 10:42 AM
    I got the HTC One on VZW last Thursday, but I will be ordering the X tomorrow. I was on the fence between the two, and I have seven days left in my return period for the One, so a few days with both phones should help me decide.
    08-28-2013 10:44 AM
    I will be ordering the X tomorrow as well.
    08-28-2013 10:50 AM
    I got the HTC One on VZW last Thursday, but I will be ordering the X tomorrow. I was on the fence between the two, and I have seven days left in my return period for the One, so a few days with both phones should help me decide.
    Good idea. Can't imagine that you will be sending the HTC back but it doesn't hurt to try I guess.

Sent From My Droid Maxx
    08-28-2013 10:50 AM
    And so is most of the groundbreaking Moto X software. I know that it pains you to the hear this but the Moto X is just simply another droid. Its not the gnex that you are dreaming it is.......

Sent From My Droid Maxx

The Moto X isn't anything like a Droid. IT actually has aesthetics, which NONE of the Droids have EVER had.
    guinnkevinr likes this.
    08-28-2013 11:15 AM
    The Moto X isn't anything like a Droid. IT actually has aesthetics, which NONE of the Droids have EVER had.
    Yeah I bet it's going to look really good laying on the table hooked up to the charger all the time

Sent From My Droid Maxx
    08-28-2013 11:24 AM
    Yes it's not anything like a droid except it has exactly the same internals. But yeah other than exactly the same parts inside its nothing like a droid.,................lol

Sent From My Droid Maxx
    08-28-2013 11:29 AM

Sent From My Droid Maxx
    Good idea. Can't imagine that you will be sending the HTC back but it doesn't hurt to try I guess.

Sent From My Droid Maxx
    Yeah I bet it's going to look really good laying on the table hooked up to the charger all the time

Sent From My Droid Maxx
    Yes it's not anything like a droid except it has exactly the same internals. But yeah other than exactly the same parts inside its nothing like a droid.,................lol

Sent From My Droid Maxx
    Dude, stop being a troll.

Some people don't want to carry around a tablet in their pocket, nor do they need a huge 5" screen. Some work for a living and don't need the battery life to stream 20GB worth of movies every day, so they don't need a 3500mAh battery.

Honestly, that's all the Maxx has going for it. I'll stick to a phone that fits great in my pocket and my hand. Since you already have the Maxx, why are you even in this thread?
    Ry, grooks, DJJeffT and 8 others like this.
    08-28-2013 01:17 PM
    Dude, stop being a troll.

Some people don't want to carry around a tablet in their pocket, nor do they need a huge 5" screen. Some work for a living and don't need the battery life to stream 20GB worth of movies every day, so they don't need a 3500mAh battery.

Honestly, that's all the Maxx has going for it. I'll stick to a phone that fits great in my pocket and my hand. Since you already have the Maxx, why are you even in this thread?
    I like droids and consider all of them. The x is a droid so its included. Stop calling people dude....that way old.

Sent From My Droid Maxx
    08-28-2013 03:06 PM
    Waiting to see if there actually will be a 32gig Dev edition for Verizon.. if not, then I'm not sure what I'll do
    08-28-2013 03:07 PM
    If there was a 32gb version coming out tomorrow I'd be buying. I am somewhat of an app hoarder and I always like to have the extra space. If the Dev Edition comes out and has a 32gb option that works on VZW I'll probably jump on it. I buy phones outright anyway (and sell them when my addiction has me move to a new phone), so this one would be no different. I refuse to get the VZW Edge program. I don't want to lose unlimited and it feels like I'm just getting scammed, again, by a ginormous company. I couldn't care less about Moto Maker. I think it's a GREAT idea, just isn't for me. I'd probably just get a black one anyway, maybe add in some silver highlights like someone else said. But other than that it would be jet black.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-28-2013 03:41 PM
    The x is a droid
    No, it's not.
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    08-28-2013 03:47 PM
    What time does verizon usually update its website with the new phones?

thanks - looking to buy this tomorrow.
    dajobo likes this.
    08-28-2013 06:06 PM
    Anyone know what time this goes on sale Thursday? Are we talking 12:01am Eastern?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    tysegall likes this.
    08-28-2013 06:19 PM
    Anyone know what time this goes on sale Thursday? Are we talking 12:01am Eastern?
    Good question. From their website you wouldn't even know it existed.
    08-28-2013 07:32 PM
    I'm ordering one tonight. Returning my Maxx this weekend. Honestly, I really wanted the Maxx to work out but coming off the iPhone 5 I could just not get used to the form factor and weight of the Maxx. Hoping that the Moto X will at least match the 6-8 hour screen time that I am getting with my iPhone 5 right now running IOS 7 Beta 6. I want to come back to Android and love the new features but the Moto X battery does concern me. Guess I will find out next week if it was the right move. OK no more Moto X bashing for me because I am hopping on board. Feel free to thrash for all of the negative Moto comments that I have been making! I know I would......
    Aquila likes this.
    08-28-2013 07:37 PM
    Sadly, the free two-day shipping means you should expect delivery on Tuesday, due to the weekend and Labor Day. So the two day shipping really means five day shipping. <sigh>
    08-28-2013 08:00 PM
    So... is 16 extra GB of space and customization worth 90 (ish) days of waiting and $50 (+ tax)? That's $3.1350 and 5.6250 days of waiting per GB. I seem to be drawn to woven black + black + black anyways... this is a tough call. Right now I'm using approximately 6.42GB of 28.13GB available space on my current device.
    08-28-2013 08:06 PM
    So... is 16 extra GB of space and customization worth 90 (ish) days of waiting and $50 (+ tax)? That's $3.1350 and 5.6250 days of waiting per GB. I seem to be drawn to woven black + black + black anyways... this is a tough call. Right now I'm using approximately 6.42GB of 28.13GB available space on my current device.
    I'm a heavy drop box user and I actually like plain black phones so I don't need the different colors. But if the moto x is a winner then I will eBay it and get a dev as soon as they come out.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-28-2013 08:13 PM
    I'm a heavy drop box user and I actually like plain black phones so I don't need the different colors. But if the moto x is a winner then I will eBay it and get a dev as soon as they come out.
    The Dev is for Verizon? I've been thinking it's AT&T. Hmm...
    08-28-2013 08:16 PM
    The Dev is for Verizon? I've been thinking it's AT&T. Hmm...
    I hope verizon gets the dev
    08-28-2013 08:25 PM
    I hope verizon gets the dev
    I think I've been seeing there will be a Verizon dev phone .

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Aquila likes this.
    08-28-2013 08:31 PM
    i want the moto x, but is anyone concerned about the bootloader being locked up?
    08-28-2013 09:53 PM
    i want the moto x, but is anyone concerned about the bootloader being locked up?
    I'm not concerned. This phone is almost stock and I stopped rooting phones a few years ago.

Sent from my Moto X
    akhi216 likes this.
    08-28-2013 09:57 PM
135 1234 ...