VZW anyone buying this on thursday?

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm still thinking about it. I think the Maxx is too much money for me to shell out right now. So it's X or One. But VZ must have stopped the unlocking via HTCDev so...... Yeah I might pick one up. All black. I'm in cloud. It's cool.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'll be waiting for those wood options to come out. I have the patience. Plus I'm curious to see all your guys' reviews and how Motorola responds to the initial kinks.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting a black one ASAP because my Gnex dies after 2-1/2 hours of talk time OR 1-1/2 hours of screen time. I am swapping batteries three times a day.

But when Motomaker becomes available, my wife will be getting a customized one and I might do so as well as we will both be eligible for upgrades at that time and I really, really would like a crimson one (to vainly match my car).

For both of us, 16GB is just fine. We have a certain amount of music, she is not a heavy app user and I am very selective with the apps I have loaded. She isn't too good at offloading her pics whereas I do so at least bi-weekly but even then, she has plenty of room to spare. And I've barely used 6GB for music, apps and pics/video I haven't offloaded at the moment.

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
If u have unlimited data u can't use edge I believe. They force you into a new "comparable" tiered data plan. I was considering edge but I guess ill pay the cash price

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
If they allow using VZ Edge to get it then I will get it Thursday. Does anyone know this BTW?

You would be well served to do a little reading up on the Edge plan. You're basically paying twice for the phone with that plan. It's a rip-off.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You would be well served to do a little reading up on the Edge plan. You're basically paying twice for the phone with that plan. It's a rip-off.

Yeah I am fully aware of the pros and cons of the VZ Edge program and the pros outweigh the cons for me, I cannot speak for anyone else. I just want to know can the VZ Edge plan be used to buy the Moto X.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
or will you all wait for motomaker? i'm on the fence whether or not i can live with the 16 GB.

I'm going to wait. If VZW does what ATT now is doing and allowing customers to bypass the store and go to motomaker.com and place an order, I'd be on it in a heartbeat. They'll probably not do it and hold out til November. ATT has exclusivity to motomaker...for the time being.

chrisdiaz73

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
or will you all wait for motomaker? i'm on the fence whether or not i can live with the 16 GB.

I bought the ATT 16gb version and liked the phone so much, I decided to return it and get the 32gb version. after installing all my apps I was left with 9GB to play with. Sometimes my picture collection can grow pretty sizeably, and didnt want the restriction of 16 only, plus, 32 is only $50 more..as oppossed to most other phones being $100 more.

KidCuda

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I work at an indirect store, and we still haven't been able to order them. I'm predicting we won't be able to get them until Thursday as well. We were able to order the HTC One a couple days beforehand, but I think VZW is going to treat this like another GNex, like a stepchild compared to the DROIDs.

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
For me the main selling point of the x over the ultra is motomaker. I also prefer stock android, but ultra has better specs at the same price so I could sacrifice the stock experience. I'll wait for motomaker. Maybe by then I'll be able to afford buying outright so I don't lose my unlimited data. Bonus if the wood backs are available.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
It is going to be hard not to pull the trigger tomorrow, but I am going to wait. I am waiting to see what is going to happen with the dev edition. I do not want to deal with VZW any more than I have to...

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought the ultra had a higher resolution screen, but I guess it's just larger. Upon looking at the spec sheet I can see no reason to pick the ultra since the x actually has a bigger battery and a more stock android experience.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay