VZW anyone buying this on thursday?

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought the ultra had a higher resolution screen, but I guess it's just larger. Upon looking at the spec sheet I can see no reason to pick the ultra since the x actually has a bigger battery and a more stock android experience.

Posted via Android Central App

The Ultra has a bigger screen (with slightly lower resolution), capacitive buttons instead of on-screen buttons, Droid Zap, and potentially much more Verizon bloatware. Other than that, the only difference is external construction.

n0meh9

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I'll be ordering a white MotoX as soon as I can. Hope it arrives before or during the weekend. It would be nice if I could preorder the phone so I can stop worrying about the damn thing to be available and just wait.

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I did some math and if you're getting a $300 phone, like the Droid Maxx, it doesn't work out too badly. $330 for the Max on typical upgrade. $350 for the Max on one year of EDGE and you get to upgrade after that year. Not to mention you only pay like 28 bucks when you grab the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
the one i'd custom design would probably be the same as the woven black stock one anyhow, aside from maybe the silver accents instead of the black. not enough to make me wait. really the only thing that i'm on the fence on is the 16 gb vs 32 gb.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
The Ultra has a bigger screen (with slightly lower resolution), capacitive buttons instead of on-screen buttons, Droid Zap, and potentially much more Verizon bloatware. Other than that, the only difference is external construction.

What is kind of ridiculous is that while Verizon considers Droid Zap to be a reason to get one of the Droids instead of a Moto X, Droid Zap is actually in Google Play for anyone to download to their phone.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
What is kind of ridiculous is that while Verizon considers Droid Zap to be a reason to get one of the Droids instead of a Moto X, Droid Zap is actually in Google Play for anyone to download to their phone.

It is on Google Play so people can set up their phone to receive Zaps. They cannot use it to send them.

I have a Maxx, and I doubt I will use this feature much. Sharing means 2 ways to me.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
And so is most of the groundbreaking Moto X software. I know that it pains you to the hear this but the Moto X is just simply another droid. Its not the gnex that you are dreaming it is.......

Sent From My Droid Maxx

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I got the HTC One on VZW last Thursday, but I will be ordering the X tomorrow. I was on the fence between the two, and I have seven days left in my return period for the One, so a few days with both phones should help me decide.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I got the HTC One on VZW last Thursday, but I will be ordering the X tomorrow. I was on the fence between the two, and I have seven days left in my return period for the One, so a few days with both phones should help me decide.

Good idea. Can't imagine that you will be sending the HTC back but it doesn't hurt to try I guess.

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Trojann2

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
And so is most of the groundbreaking Moto X software. I know that it pains you to the hear this but the Moto X is just simply another droid. Its not the gnex that you are dreaming it is.......

Sent From My Droid Maxx

The Moto X isn't anything like a Droid. IT actually has aesthetics, which NONE of the Droids have EVER had.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X isn't anything like a Droid. IT actually has aesthetics, which NONE of the Droids have EVER had.

Yes it's not anything like a droid except it has exactly the same internals. But yeah other than exactly the same parts inside its nothing like a droid.,................lol

Sent From My Droid Maxx

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Good idea. Can't imagine that you will be sending the HTC back but it doesn't hurt to try I guess.

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Yeah I bet it's going to look really good laying on the table hooked up to the charger all the time

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Yes it's not anything like a droid except it has exactly the same internals. But yeah other than exactly the same parts inside its nothing like a droid.,................lol

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Dude, stop being a troll.

Some people don't want to carry around a tablet in their pocket, nor do they need a huge 5" screen. Some work for a living and don't need the battery life to stream 20GB worth of movies every day, so they don't need a 3500mAh battery.

Honestly, that's all the Maxx has going for it. I'll stick to a phone that fits great in my pocket and my hand. Since you already have the Maxx, why are you even in this thread?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Dude, stop being a troll.

Some people don't want to carry around a tablet in their pocket, nor do they need a huge 5" screen. Some work for a living and don't need the battery life to stream 20GB worth of movies every day, so they don't need a 3500mAh battery.

Honestly, that's all the Maxx has going for it. I'll stick to a phone that fits great in my pocket and my hand. Since you already have the Maxx, why are you even in this thread?

I like droids and consider all of them. The x is a droid so its included. Stop calling people dude....that way old.

Sent From My Droid Maxx

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If there was a 32gb version coming out tomorrow I'd be buying. I am somewhat of an app hoarder and I always like to have the extra space. If the Dev Edition comes out and has a 32gb option that works on VZW I'll probably jump on it. I buy phones outright anyway (and sell them when my addiction has me move to a new phone), so this one would be no different. I refuse to get the VZW Edge program. I don't want to lose unlimited and it feels like I'm just getting scammed, again, by a ginormous company. I couldn't care less about Moto Maker. I think it's a GREAT idea, just isn't for me. I'd probably just get a black one anyway, maybe add in some silver highlights like someone else said. But other than that it would be jet black.

tysegall

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
What time does verizon usually update its website with the new phones?

What time does verizon usually update its website with the new phones?

thanks - looking to buy this tomorrow.

dajobo

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what time this goes on sale Thursday? Are we talking 12:01am Eastern?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20