Did i miss it can we block calls or txt?
    Third party app?

trido
    08-27-2013 07:19 PM
    Third party app?

trido
    With the standard messaging app I do not see a setting to block texts. I use Handcent and it allows blocking texts.

The standard phone app allows you to route calls directly to voice mail but I do not see a setting to block calls. Have not tried any other phone apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    08-27-2013 08:38 PM
    I use extreme call blocker, works awesome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    davidnc likes this.
    08-27-2013 08:40 PM
    08-27-2013 10:24 PM
    Third party app?

trido
    you mean from specific numbers? i can do it on my carriers website. try searching "[your carrier site, including the .com] block voice" and "[your carrier site, including the .com] block text" or just do a search on your carrier's help section.
    08-27-2013 10:32 PM
    Just thought I'd bump this instead of making a new thread, On my HTC One X I was able to long press the number in call history and add it to call barring without needing a third party app and you don't even know that you're even receiving the call (I looked at my carrier's call logs). There doesn't seem to be any way to block calls on the Moto X, so I'm looking for an app, I just installed root call blocker (I rooted the Moto X) so we'll see how it works.
    davidnc likes this.
    10-31-2013 06:51 AM
    Just go add the number you want to block as a contact, then open the contact, tap the menu triple dots in the upper right hand corner (stock people app) and send all calls to voice mail. It won't notify you if they text you either.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-31-2013 07:18 AM
    Since I dont want to block my contacts just Spam,Telemarketers that somehow got my number even when I never gave it out to unknown sites.I also am on the national Do Not Call list but htat doesnt work well.

I purchased Extreme Call Blocker (Stealth) it is a lil pricey but so far working great. It has more featues then I currently need but those other features might come in handy later on.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...unchback&hl=en
    It did mention that some apps that have been identified that will/Might interfere with this app are :Handcent,GoSms,Lookout,and Super Security but Im not having any issues with>I added "might" since I have no issues with it not working .
    When I had a rooted Phone I also used Root Call Blocker it worked great as well.
    10-31-2013 07:30 AM
    Use Mr number

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-31-2013 08:19 AM