Moto X block calls and txt

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Did i miss it can we block calls or txt?
Third party app?

trido

With the standard messaging app I do not see a setting to block texts. I use Handcent and it allows blocking texts.

The standard phone app allows you to route calls directly to voice mail but I do not see a setting to block calls. Have not tried any other phone apps.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Did i miss it can we block calls or txt?
Third party app?

trido

you mean from specific numbers? i can do it on my carriers website. try searching "[your carrier site, including the .com] block voice" and "[your carrier site, including the .com] block text" or just do a search on your carrier's help section.

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Just thought I'd bump this instead of making a new thread, On my HTC One X I was able to long press the number in call history and add it to call barring without needing a third party app and you don't even know that you're even receiving the call (I looked at my carrier's call logs). There doesn't seem to be any way to block calls on the Moto X, so I'm looking for an app, I just installed root call blocker (I rooted the Moto X) so we'll see how it works.

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Just go add the number you want to block as a contact, then open the contact, tap the menu triple dots in the upper right hand corner (stock people app) and send all calls to voice mail. It won't notify you if they text you either.

Posted via Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Since I dont want to block my contacts just Spam,Telemarketers that somehow got my number even when I never gave it out to unknown sites.I also am on the national Do Not Call list but htat doesnt work well.

I purchased Extreme Call Blocker (Stealth) it is a lil pricey but so far working great. It has more featues then I currently need but those other features might come in handy later on.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.greythinker.punchback&hl=en&token=bAbSPrBC
It did mention that some apps that have been identified that will/Might interfere with this app are :Handcent,GoSms,Lookout,and Super Security but Im not having any issues with>I added "might" since I have no issues with it not working .
When I had a rooted Phone I also used Root Call Blocker it worked great as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2