Moto X Text Messages

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a different question but it is about text and touchless control

I ask Google to text and I expected it to be touchless but how do I actually send it without touching ? I tried to ask but seems like it I not 100% touchless if I have to push send ?

that is correct, it is not 100% touchless.

despite707

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Turned on assist yesterday and started having this problem shortly after. I'd assume clearing the cache on the assist app would reset it but I have no idea what would keep it from happening again.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
As someone mentioned disabling the app for Motorola assist talk to me works, but I'm not sure if that also disables this feature while driving.

Jlb139

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I was having this issue for the last several days but it seems to have stopped as of today. It could be just coincidental, but I updated the TalkBack app in the Play Store and the issue with every text being read aloud went away. It's also weird that TalkBack wasn't appearing in my "Needs to be updated" section but when I clicked on it, an update was available. Hope this helps.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem too, did a factory reset. I hadn't put driving mode back on, but I will and see if it's still happening.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
after disabling talk to me service, how do you enable it?

I think I got it to stop by disabling the Motorola Assist Talk to Me service under All Apps. A temporary fix but it doesn't seem to affect anything else by disabling it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
It will now be listed at the bottom of your application list under the "all" column instead of in alphabetical order. Just scroll all the way down and click on it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

Valaar

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I posted this question to Motorola over at their official forum. One of their MOTOXPRT's or forum managers replied and said he was submitting this issue to the dev team. I highly suggest anyone here who's having this issue too, visit the page and let them know. Perhaps with more input, we can figure out what's causing the damn annoyance.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/1d412ab123

Later

Valaar (aka TechHog)

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
great, thanks Valaar

Hey all, I posted this question to Motorola over at their official forum. One of their MOTOXPRT's or forum managers replied and said he was submitting this issue to the dev team. I highly suggest anyone here who's having this issue too, visit the page and let them know. Perhaps with more input, we can figure out what's causing the damn annoyance.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/1d412ab123

Later

Valaar (aka TechHog)

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
After using this today, the problem seems solved. I did the Talkback update via the play store, after a factory reset. YMMV, but worth a shot.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
ive spent the last three hours trying to figure this out, but didnt. I couldnt google it cause apparently downloading my apps used up all my prorated 2gb of data for the rest of the month, i already miss unlimited...Hopefully this **** gets fixed soon, its the most annoying thing ive ever had happen to a phone

Raring

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, this issue with Assist talking all the time was raised in one of the very early reviews of the Moto X as a critical bug. Engineers assured the journalist they were already working on the problem. Looks like a manual update for Talkback is the solution. Anyone have the problem post-update?

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I did a manual update for TalkBack and I still have the same issue. TalkBack is even turned off on the accessibility settings. Finding this quite annoying.

Update:I disabled Motorola Assist Talk to Me and now I don't get the screen at all just a notification in the notification bar. So it appears to be related to that app.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol