Moto X Text Messages

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to stop the Moto X from asking me if I want to listen to my text messages out loud every time? It does this every single time. I've turned off driving mode and it still announces the name of the person and asks if I want to listen to the text instead of just playing my notification sound.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

tjohnstone3

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and can't figure it out. And I tried both w/ and w/out the box checked in the photo mentioned (it is the Moto Assist talk to me feature). Any thoughts anyone?

Valaar

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope, tried that. The only thing that works, is turning off Touchless Control in the settings. However, by doing that it turns off the whole "Ok, Google Now" functionality, which I want to work.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Nope, tried that. The only thing that works, is turning off Touchless Control in the settings. However, by doing that it turns off the whole "Ok, Google Now" functionality, which I want to work.

Can you try going to settings ,apps-> services and stopping assist engine from the list

Posted via Android Central App

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Seems it should only be doing this while driving. The driving icon is working properly and disappears when I'm not driving but my calls and texts are still announced. Very annoying.

whtchdr

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I think I got it to stop by disabling the Motorola Assist Talk to Me service under All Apps. A temporary fix but it doesn't seem to affect anything else by disabling it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Kind of a pain, but so far it works. There needs to be a better fix.

looks like assist gets in to some weird state ..i m using assist from day 1 since one week ..no issues till now ..we should post this bug moto forums so that moto can address and fix this issues in software updates

Posted via Android Central App

Kata Rina

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have a different question but it is about text and touchless control

I ask Google to text and I expected it to be touchless but how do I actually send it without touching ? I tried to ask but seems like it I not 100% touchless if I have to push send ?

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
if you do this, does it work when it enters "drive" mode?

I think I got it to stop by disabling the Motorola Assist Talk to Me service under All Apps. A temporary fix but it doesn't seem to affect anything else by disabling it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4