09-05-2013 12:38 PM
71 123
tools
    I'd have trouble believing out of pocket to picture anything could be faster than moto X since I can start flicking my wrist immediately after it exits where the other user has to m turn it on find the icon and Swipe. Where is the video of this test? I didn't see a link.

Posted via Android Central App
    You don't have to fully unlock the phone and fine the app. There is a quick launcher where you swipe up and it opens the camera. I tried the moto x in store for first time before buying Moto X Card and got it he first time... doesn't matter time, it feels faster. you can click anywhere and there are no button presses or swipes.
    08-28-2013 02:27 PM
    Exactly.

Process for the iPhone:
    - Push specific screen-on button.
    - Tap and swipe specific camera app icon.
    - Tap specific shutter button.

Process for Moto X:
    - Michael J. Fox your phone a bit.
    - Tap anywhere on the screen.

I mean, come on. You can do it with your eyes closed if you want.
    08-28-2013 04:11 PM

Process for Moto X:

So do a Michael J Fox then do a Ray Charles.
    08-28-2013 04:20 PM
    Exactly.

Process for the iPhone:

Process for Moto X:

The picture will be crap....or maybe this will lead a revolution in photography.
    08-28-2013 04:25 PM
    I think an in pocket test would be more realistic but that's just my distaste for Apple coming out wanting to see the iPhone lose haha.

08-28-2013 04:26 PM
    I really don't think it matters if one is a few milliseconds slower than the other.. If you're in that much of a rush its gonna be a crap photo anyways. Logic tells me that the moto x would be faster than the iPhone though

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    08-28-2013 04:45 PM
    How much is moto x?

08-28-2013 04:50 PM
    How much is moto x?

$200 on contract
    yashade2001 likes this.
    08-28-2013 05:11 PM
    I believe the color is olive, not sure though
    08-28-2013 05:11 PM
    $200 on contract
    And how users can design own moto x?

08-28-2013 05:39 PM
    And how users can design own moto x?

go to motomaker.com
    yashade2001 likes this.
    08-28-2013 05:47 PM
    Take any more pics? I want to get this phone so bad but the camera is looking like a deal breaker. It doesn't have to be the best camera. Buy it can't be a total piece of junk camera or be a downgrade from my GNex camera.

Common Motorola! Fire your camera team and bring in new people. The Droid cameras sucked. The Droid HD cameras were equally crappy. And now the new line of Droids and the Moto X has suspect cameras. I don't care how fast the camera shoots. Just make it take good pics!

I don't know what to do now. I want to get rid of my aging Gnex but I'm not buying an iPhone. I can't take Touchwiz so I'm not buying an S4. I really just don't like the HTC One that much for several reasons. I'm on Verizon so I can't get the Google edition S4 or I would. I can't get the Moto X because the camera is junk. All I want is a phone with good radios, that runs stock Android or close to it, with a decent camera. Is that really too much to ask? Please Nexus 5, have a good camera and be available on Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-28-2013 06:10 PM
    All I want is a phone with good radios, that runs stock Android or close to it, with a decent camera. Is that really too much to ask? Please Nexus 5, have a good camera and be available on Verizon.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Considering how bad the Gnex camera is (I know I have one to). The Moto X even on it's worst day would still be a better camera than the Gnex. Now i'm waiting for them to offer MotoMaker on Tmo and i'm a buying. I did the same colors as the op today except for the front being black. Have to say it looks nice.
    08-28-2013 07:08 PM
    Just for the record, in good lighting, the phone can take really great pics. Just inconsistent is all.

08-28-2013 07:18 PM
    The camera isnt bad - It just could be better. I get the feeling with the first software update it will get better, too.

regarding CNET's speed test, their methodology was flawed. They timed camera unlock with both phones out of pocket already. If the phone is in your pocket, you can twist your wrist as you're bringing the moto X up to take the picture in one motion, and you don't have to press any buttons. There is no physical way this could be slower than turning on your phone and clicking a button, because one requires you to stop and acknowledge the screen and one does not.
    08-28-2013 07:22 PM
    LOL, to each his own. I did a simple test like "find me the nearest ATM" The X pop opened sites, WTF but siri showed me in distance where the nearest one was.
    The X will ask me to resend the audio alot too...
    This speaks for itself.
    08-28-2013 09:31 PM
    +1

Also, Google Now has gotten MUCH better since 4.1 in Summer of 2012.
    return_0 likes this.
    08-28-2013 09:41 PM
    finally saw the colors in the store, want a color one so bad. lucky duck.
    Ry likes this.
    08-28-2013 10:54 PM
    Still too long for my needs. By then the monkey will already have thrown its sh*t.
    ied0135 likes this.
    08-28-2013 11:38 PM
    Played with one yesterday in the store, liked it quite a bit, decisions decisions.
    08-29-2013 12:05 AM
    So do a Michael J Fox then do a Ray Charles.
    I like to do a Micheal Jackson... Heehee...
    08-29-2013 12:33 AM
    So i fixed my mistake, I guess I didnt have the google now setup never hit the "Yes, im in" button. Now the location access does work great.

I have to mention too that the iphone doesn't have the user set up this extra step, kinda frustrating but not a huge deal breaker by any means. Also I am using the Beta iOS 7 so my siri is a little different.

The camera im really enjoying over my iphone 5, not better than my s4 like I mentioned but here are some pics. I was getting gas and thought I would take some comparison shots. These are non processed pics, well other than me covering my license plate number. All pics are HDR mode.

Iphone 5:

MOTO X:

Brighter and less grainy, LOVE IT!

I thought this was a pretty cool pic from the moto X aswell. zoomed in at 4X HDR mode too, pretty slick

My speeds for the mobile hotspot improved too, had att replace the sim and now im getting 25 mbps down. YAY!

I gotta say, this is not a bad phone at all!
    08-29-2013 02:18 AM
    I enjoy the HDR shot of your Bimmer immensely, though it's a shame that ****box next to it ruined the image!
    Aquila and MarqBland like this.
    08-29-2013 05:05 AM
    Those pics aren't bad at all...
    08-29-2013 05:09 AM
    Exactly.

Process for the iPhone:

Process for Moto X:

I'm a little surprised the Moto X wouldn't be faster, there are a couple things that are a bit easier on the iPhone than what you described. It's more like
    - Push power or home button (home button is probably faster to find coming out of your pocket)
    - Swipe up from the bottom of the lock screen. You don't need to find a specific icon or unlock first.
    - Tap the onscreen shutter or volume button.

It wouldn't make a big difference speed wise, but depending on how they tested it it could have shaved off some time.
    08-29-2013 09:14 AM
71 123