I'm relatively new to android and I am now using a Moto X. I have to exchange my X due to rattling buttons and can't seem to figure out how to back up my phone so I don't have to set everything up again. I'd like to do a restore from back up so that I could have all my apps, folders, pictures etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    08-28-2013 12:41 PM
    I don't have an X, but you need a google account. Then on the phone there should be a place (under Accounts?) in the settings where you can sync the phone to your google account and back it up there...
    08-28-2013 01:21 PM
    I don't have an X, but you need a google account. Then on the phone there should be a place (under Accounts?) in the settings where you can sync the phone to your google account and back it up there...
    Ok i've done done that. From what i understood it saved app data (as in what stage you were at in a game). Will this option automatically download all the apps I had on my phone PLUS my folders?
    08-28-2013 01:26 PM
    unfortunately, I have not had to use it...or maybe that is fortunate? this is about as good a link as I can find

HTG Explains: What Android Data is Backed Up Automatically?

I have the same questions as you as I would like to back up as much as possible from my old phone to the new one
    08-28-2013 01:45 PM
    Thanks for the link. Clears things up for me. I'll just have to see about the folders.

unfortunately, I have not had to use it...or maybe that is fortunate? this is about as good a link as I can find

HTG Explains: What Android Data is Backed Up Automatically?

I have the same questions as you as I would like to back up as much as possible from my old phone to the new one
    08-28-2013 01:51 PM