08-30-2013 08:54 PM
92 ... 234
tools
    My revised list:
    Specs
    Super High PPI screens
    I partially don't believe you because every time we get involved in a Note 8 vs Nexus 7 argument you laud that screen and the specs!!!
    08-30-2013 02:01 PM
    Because "fans of" android aren't capable of this behavior.

Every single thread where an apple product comes up has to degrade to comments like this or worse. I know this happens on apple on forums as well and its equally frustrating.

Posted via Android Central App
    It would be an exaggeration to say "every single thread". I've read many threads on here that complimented and even coveted the superior build quality of the iPhone. People see what they want to see, and when they want to get offended they look for it. I never said Android fans weren't capable of this behavior. But you want to demonize someone because they didn't meet your expectations of how they should have or could have worded a sentence to make a point. Instead of reading your agenda into what I posted, maybe take it at face value and assume that i've had experiences in my life that validate my opinion. You may not have, but that's not my responsibility or fault.

I also said "the people who bash Google Now". I've heard a lot of Android fans say that they hated Google Now and wish it was like Siri. You took it as me saying Fans of Apple are the only ones who might respond this way. That's because you read it through the eyes of someone who wanted to see it that way. Funny how that works......
    Ry likes this.
    08-30-2013 02:31 PM
    Personally I've never seen siri out perform Google now. Interesting it was that way for you. HTC one is a dope phone though. I got it for my mom's. Still get tickled by how good that camera is in low light. Just hate sense and being forced to use blinkfeed

Siri and Google Now are not directly comparable. Siri does search and also controls the phone and apps. iOS also has Google Now as well.
    Aren't most of the features of the X available on all Android phones now? I'm not overly impressed with the build quality of the X and especially the screen. Mid-range specs are ok for now but they should have done better.
    08-30-2013 03:01 PM
    Mid-range specs are ok for now but they should have done better.
    Stick around. Now that thegrants loves his Moto X, we need someone else to command the spec war army.
    08-30-2013 03:04 PM
    Stick around. Now that thegrants loves his Moto X, we need someone else to command the spec war army.
    I really do and didn't realize it until mine came in today. Moto x is a pretty sweet device.

LegalAmerican and Rizz1-2 like this.
    08-30-2013 03:15 PM
    Siri and Google Now are not directly comparable. Siri does search and also controls the phone and apps. iOS also has Google Now as well.
    Aren't most of the features of the X available on all Android phones now? I'm not overly impressed with the build quality of the X and especially the screen. Mid-range specs are ok for now but they should have done better.
    Just out of curiousity, whats the problem with the build quality? The one I played with seemed great. Good feel in hand and solid.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-30-2013 03:43 PM
    I just knew from reading the title of this thread that it will turn ugly and probaby end off topic as it is already starting to. It's the OP's opinion... how HE sees it. If he believes what he stated then a bunch of posts aren't going to change it. Move on!
    Makai5 likes this.
    08-30-2013 03:48 PM
    And here I was thinking that the point of a discussion board was to foster discussion.....silly me.
    festinator likes this.
    08-30-2013 04:33 PM
    Advantages of Siri:
    A good conversationalist

Advantages of Google Now:
    Better at providing information
    Actually understands what you're saying
    Siri can do both. It just can't predict.

Posted via my awesome rooted Nexus 4 and Android Central App)
    08-30-2013 06:13 PM
    judging by your DP, I doubt you have a wife. However, Judging by your DP you would be the kind of person to text a wife "traffic Sucks, I'm gonna be late or the like"!
    08-30-2013 06:16 PM
    And here I was thinking that the point of a discussion board was to foster discussion.....silly me.
    Silly you, indeed! It is a place for trolls to feel like they have a life...
    08-30-2013 06:41 PM
    Sorry, had to laugh with the idea that Google Now does not top Siri, who is always apologizing for being too busy or simply 'can't do that'. HTC One is a very nice phone but there is nothing over rated about the Moto X.

08-30-2013 07:15 PM
    So far 4 days in and Moto X is rated perfectly for me!
    08-30-2013 07:20 PM
    With Google Now versus Siri discussion, once again, Apple was first to the market as a smartphone maker to push this.

Long term Google has an advantage as both systems use Cloud computing and Google has many times over the servers to support Google Now versus Siri. The company that I actually think that could blow Siri and Google Now away is Microsoft as their Voice Command/Recognition is better/smarter in a lot of ways but gets buried by how small of a marketshare Windows 8 mobile controls.
    08-30-2013 07:40 PM
    It would be an exaggeration to say "every single thread". I've read many threads on here that complimented and even coveted the superior build quality of the iPhone. People see what they want to see, and when they want to get offended they look for it. I never said Android fans weren't capable of this behavior. But you want to demonize someone because they didn't meet your expectations of how they should have or could have worded a sentence to make a point. Instead of reading your agenda into what I posted, maybe take it at face value and assume that i've had experiences in my life that validate my opinion. You may not have, but that's not my responsibility or fault.

I also said "the people who bash Google Now". I've heard a lot of Android fans say that they hated Google Now and wish it was like Siri. You took it as me saying Fans of Apple are the only ones who might respond this way. That's because you read it through the eyes of someone who wanted to see it that way. Funny how that works......
    I took it at face value and was all I could do to keep myself from writing you off as a pompous ***. You're the one with a policy that pertains to apple fans, which were your words. Call my response demonizing but I couldn't care less. You make some very valid points but unfortunately you also have closed minded tendencies which for me, tarnishes the input. I also despise verbosity.

08-30-2013 08:12 PM
    Like i said before I am not a Android fanboy nor a Apple fanboy, I am a fan of TECH. And which ever company makes these things better I will use that phone. Android has a lot of inspirational things going on. But as far as Siri vs Google Now I have to go with Siri
    jschu22 likes this.
    08-30-2013 08:46 PM
    I took it at face value and was all I could do to keep myself from writing you off as a pompous ***. You're the one with a policy that pertains to apple fans, which were your words. Call my response demonizing but I couldn't care less. You make some very valid points but unfortunately you also have closed minded tendencies which for me, tarnishes the input. I also despise verbosity.

"POMPOUS A$$" that made my day hahahaha studying the GRE's and that word came up too.
    jschu22 likes this.
    08-30-2013 08:54 PM
92 ... 234