outright and just switch the sim?
    08-29-2013 11:53 AM
    yes
    Scott Kenyon and Paisley like this.
    08-29-2013 11:59 AM
    You would have to buy one outright. Both AT&T and verizon only have them through there 2 year contract deals.
    You can buy it unlocked off of Motomaker, but its still through AT&T. Id just wait for the developer edition which is supposed to be hitting any day now
    08-29-2013 12:01 PM
    You can buy one for AT&T off contract through the Moto Maker website now, but depending on your prepaid carrier you may have to get it unlocked first. Not a lot of info on that yet since the off contract option just popped up, so you may want to wait a couple days until people actually start receiving off contract devices and try to have then unlocked.

Which prepaid carrier are you planning on using?

Posted via Android Central App
    08-29-2013 12:02 PM
    You can buy one for AT&T off contract through the Moto Maker website now, but depending on your prepaid carrier you may have to get it unlocked first. Not a lot of info on that yet since the off contract option just popped up, so you may want to wait a couple days until people actually start receiving off contract devices and try to have then unlocked.

Which prepaid carrier are you planning on using?

trying to figure out which is the best in nyc. my brother is on virgin. i heard soliva has 4g but there's probably better out there?
    08-29-2013 12:12 PM
    trying to figure out which is the best in nyc. my brother is on virgin. i heard soliva has 4g but there's probably better out there?
    Based on budget and plan considerations, I would use straighttalk with the ATT sim in your area.

But that is my opinion.
    bearda and Paisley like this.
    08-29-2013 12:16 PM
    Based on budget and plan considerations, I would use straighttalk with the ATT sim in your area.

But that is my opinion.
    Thanks!
    08-29-2013 12:18 PM
    I think Virgin is a Sprint based MVNO. You aren't going to be able to get a Moto X compatible with their network yet.

Solevai (or however you spell it ) is T-Mobile. If the AT&T Moto X supports the tmobile frequencies and you can get it unlocked (or unlock it after you buy) you should be good to go.

The safe route is to do Straight Talk with an AT&T SIM, though. It'll work with a locked phone and no frequency concerns.

Paisley likes this.
    08-29-2013 12:22 PM
    Just to clarify a few things. U can get the phone off of moto maker with no contract, but it is still an AT&T phone. It does not support T-Mobile's full network so to the best of my knowledge you will only receive Edge (2G) and 4G LTE. Not T-Mobile's 4G only (aka 3G). It is not unlocked, it is still branded to AT&T and you will need to call AT&T to have it carrier unlocked. In order to get all the frequencies bands it supports you are going to have to use it on a network that mimics AT&T's.

The safe route is to do Straight Talk with an AT&T SIM, though. It'll work with a locked phone and no frequency concerns.
    This is probably your safest and most plausible route.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    08-29-2013 09:13 PM
    Republic Wireless will have it in November.
    10-01-2013 11:18 PM
    Republic Wireless will have it in November.
    There are some rumors that the phone republic wireless gets is the Motorola DVX which is a cheaper version of the X.

Sent from my Moto X
    Ry likes this.
    10-01-2013 11:26 PM
    There are some rumors that the phone republic wireless gets is the Motorola DVX which is a cheaper version of the X.

Sent from my Moto X
    I've heard it will get both. :P
    Ry likes this.
    10-01-2013 11:35 PM
    I've heard it will get both. :P
    That is correct. The Moto X has been announced and it is the the 16G. They are selling it for $299. The DVX will be officially announced soon but may not be out until after the holidays. Price $200 or less. They want to get it out before Xmas but sh%& happens.
    10-01-2013 11:53 PM