Moto X Case

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
what is everyone using, or planning to get for their Moto X?

i'm currently going bare except for a screen protector when i get the phone tomorrow, but will be shopping for something. not sure how i feel about those clear ones from motorola, and looks like verizon had a TPU and an incipio (otterbox commuter style) cases.

what is everyone else doing?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
what is everyone using, or planning to get for their Moto X?

i'm currently going bare except for a screen protector when i get the phone tomorrow, but will be shopping for something. not sure how i feel about those clear ones from motorola, and looks like verizon had a TPU and an incipio (otterbox commuter style) cases.

what is everyone else doing?

i got a cheapie screen protector online cuz i thought the phone would be out on Sprint before Phantom Skinz, but will probably get the Phantom Skinz screen protector (wet application plastic) when it comes out. I've never used the dry application glass or plastic ones, but would love to try the dry app plastic one from...it is iSmooth?

Got a cheapie tpu cover on ebay, $4 until a case comes out that i love (if sprint gets the phne)

Last edited:

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I received 3 cases in the mail and plan to take some pictures and so a mini review of each. The 3 cases cost $35 total.

Sent from my Moto X

bstarr3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought the casemate naked tough with mine. I like it overall - seems like a nice thin case that adds a good amount of protection without too much bulk. Nice buttons on the side. Good access to ports and speaker. A little protection from the camera lens getting smudged. Overall, though, I feel like I'm going to carry it naked, because it does reduce some of the great feel in the hand that is one of the X's best qualities. My only hesitation is that I'm hoping to sell it and pick up a 32gb wood back when those come out, so I don't want to damage it. Anyway, I can recommend the naked tough.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
i just got the verizon ones for now, but will eventually get the awesome Spigen ones.

- - - Updated - - -

i forgot to note that it will be nice for whatever case it is, to have the "dimple" exposed for finger placement.

ied0135

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
i got a cheapie screen protector online
Got a cheapie tpu cover on ebay, $4 until a case comes out that i love (if sprint gets the phne)

I bought the EXACT same things on eBay I bet... Dirt cheap, good to have on there till something substantial is out for the X.

I bought the casemate naked tough with mine.

Yaaaa but it completely covers those of us who have a custom one. :/

ied0135

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I actually really like that case...Simple. And keeping the dimple is a must, even though it's hard to tell if that has done so.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
This is what I'm going to get. I use the phone to track my rides on the bicycle.So I need protection for falls, but after the ride is over it goes out.
Seidio SURFACE Case (with kickstand) for Motorola Moto X - Android Hard Cases - ShopAndroid

Looks nice. Probably get a case...like others here, I don't want to cover the holding qualities of the phone so getting a case is a difficult choice now and I don't even have the phone yet ! Have a Rezound in a Otterbox case and just dropped it from 3+ feet on the concrete yesterday. Only tiny scratch was on their clear protective plastic screen. That event might be telling me something :-\

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
@asylvia- I had purchased one of those s-line TPU cases for my Galaxy S2, and it was good. I liked the slim form but I was always a bit scared to actually drop my phone because it didn't feel like it would give much protection. When my wife took that phone from me she went back to the big Ballistic case because she was going to be more clumsy and be working with young special ed kids.

I'm thinking of buying this case. I'm going to get a maroon/crimson, navy, or woven black phone (having a hard time deciding) so I'm hoping that this back will be clear enough to get a fairly good idea of the actual phone cover.

SUPCASE Motorola Moto X Phone Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Case - Clear/Black

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge