Moto X Case

jncryer

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Can you post pics of the case? maybe next to the phone for size comparison? I'm interested to see just how thick the commuter is on this phone.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I had no clue how to do it. The Sprint rep showed be this twist flicking motion. I finally saw a video on youtube and got it now. And no, I was not self-abusing.

I got the case at the Sprint store when I picked up my Moto X. They the Defender, Commuter, and one other non-otterbox. The Defender was way to chunky and the other one was not too beefy. I can see the glass cracking.

The Commuter feels good. I just wish it was a little more thinner.

mtndewgood

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking about the Commuter, because I want something that adds good space at the top of the phone when I set it face down. Wish they would have left an indention where it is on our phones in the case. Is the Communter screen protector attached to the case or is it separate?

I'm giving some thought to Seidio. Doesn't have the index finger indention either though. Some cheap cases on Amazon do. They are mostly plastic though.

Btw for anyone looking at screen protectors I wouldn't recommend PhantomSkinz for this one. They have been good cuts in the past for me, but this one is at least a mm short on width and height.. maybe more on the width. The stock cover was better. Almost, impossible to get it lined up perfectly width wise. By the time you do if you can, you'll have dust under the protector.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking about the Commuter, because I want something that adds good space at the top of the phone when I set it face down. Wish they would have left an indention where it is on our phones in the case. Is the Communter screen protector attached to the case or is it separate?

The Commuter case has a standard screen protector and it is not like the Defender. There was an optional lifetime Otterbox screen protector that Sprint was selling. I opted for the default one for now.

The edges on front of the case does give a 1/16-1/8" or so recess to the screen. I found that to be quite nice but yet not intrusive. The case does add some gerth to it but it still has a nice feel to it.

jncryer

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak for the moto X model of the case, but every commuter I've handled (HTC incredible 2, GS3, GS4, IPhone 4/5) has an exceptional lip around the front edge to prevent screen damage.

In general, Otterbox's Commuter has a separate screen protector, while the Defender has a screen protector that is part of the case that snaps around the phone.

I'm giving some thought to Seidio. Doesn't have the index finger indention either though. Some cheap cases on Amazon do. They are mostly plastic though.

Btw for anyone looking at screen protectors I wouldn't recommend PhantomSkinz for this one. They have been good cuts in the past for me, but this one is at least a mm short on width and height.. maybe more on the width. The stock cover was better. Almost, impossible to get it lined up perfectly width wise. By the time you do if you can, you'll have dust under the protector.

On a separate topic, I finally handled the Moto X last night at Best Buy. If I wasn't sold before, I am now. Perfect size once I add a case of some sort. As far as the dimple in the back, I found myself actually struggling to keep my finger there while I was handling the phone (Its completely unnatural for me to have a finger in that spot), I found it very uncomfortable. Can anyone comment on whether they actually use the phone like that? I'm starting to think that these dimpled cases wouldn't have any benefit over non-dimpled cases besides aesthetic consistency...

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update on the Diztronic...

My X took its first drop today at the LA county fair. I was pulling it out of my pocket and it slipped out, falling to the ground and hitting the corner dead on. It bounced around on the asphalt and landed screen down. I was terrified to pick it up. To my surprise, it activated the camera and came away without a scratch! This thin case did an amazing job. (Although it really did bounce around on the ground quite a bit) I know this is only one drop but it made me feel a little more secure about how this will protect the phone in the future.

Good luck to everyone and their search for their perfect case! :)

Posted via Android Central App

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
As far as the dimple in the back, I found myself actually struggling to keep my finger there while I was handling the phone (Its completely unnatural for me to have a finger in that spot), I found it very uncomfortable. Can anyone comment on whether they actually use the phone like that? I'm starting to think that these dimpled cases wouldn't have any benefit over non-dimpled cases besides aesthetic consistency...

At first, it also felt very unnatural for me. Maybe it's how I hold it, or maybe it's just the size of my hands, but it just didn't feel right. But what's strange is that after about a week and a half of using it, I find my index finger inadvertently finding and lodging into the dimple more and more. I end up holding it with the lower right corner wedged into my palm, my third and fourth fingers on the lower left side, my pinky finger supporting the bottom edge, and my index finger in the dimple, acting as a sort of brace. This leaves my thumb free to navigate and type one-handed. It's a bit awkward, but it works.

jncryer

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So I bought both the cruzerlite bugdroid and the diztronic. Love the diztronic, the cruzerlite is just ok, even though I like the looks of it better. Mainly comes down to the feel of it and the fact that the power and volume buttons are easier to use with the diztronic. They are cutouts in the cruzerlite, and as such are slightly recessed, making them a tad more... "elusive"?...

banboy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Picked up a clear Diztronic from Amazon. Adds no bulk, and pushing the power and volume buttons are a non issue. Great case for 10 bucks.

but is that gonna be a problem when you want to put inside of your pants ? it seem it's not easy to slide it down to jeans pocket cause the material looks like it's made from rubber

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
but is that gonna be a problem when you want to put inside of your pants ? it seem it's not easy to slide it down to jeans pocket cause the material looks like it's made from rubber

Short answer = nope. No problem at all about sliding it inside jeans pocket :)

Made of Durable Flexible TPU (Thermoplastic Polyurethane)

Last edited:

Lucidlore

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
My supcase just came in today and I have to say I'm very pleased with it. I found my naked moto x to be somewhat slippery and decided early that I needed a case to protect it. This case is perfect. The rubber surrounding it is quite stiff, so I know that it will be protected in case of a drop, and the back is a hard plastic. It's a very tight fit and the phone feels great in my hands. It even has a small indentation where the dimple is supposed to be.

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Rocking mine in a commuter because it was free. Normally I prefer seidio though.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk 4

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
My supcase just came in today and I have to say I'm very pleased with it. I found my naked moto x to be somewhat slippery and decided early that I needed a case to protect it. This case is perfect. The rubber surrounding it is quite stiff, so I know that it will be protected in case of a drop, and the back is a hard plastic. It's a very tight fit and the phone feels great in my hands. It even has a small indentation where the dimple is supposed to be.

Could you post a couple photos? And which combo did you get?
Thanks!

I'm so close to buying this one. I'm just worried about how bulky it might be.

Lucidlore

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Could you post a couple photos? And which combo did you get?
Thanks!

I'm so close to buying this one. I'm just worried about how bulky it might be.

F0UjqMt.jpg

xGUuDUE.jpg

JU4HKER.jpg

uqcIyrs.jpg

I got the clear/black. Note however that the back on the clear/black isn't exactly clear, it's more translucent than transparent, with a grey-ish tint, but is see-through enough to where you can see the weave pattern and the moto logo. If you have a custom made X through motomaker and want to show off your custom color, you might try the grey/clear, as the back on that seems to be much more see-through.

Oh and one more thing, a lot of people say that the bezel on the moto x is so small that putting a case on it makes it difficult for you to swipe from the sides. I have no problems at all swiping from the sides with this case.

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the bear motion slim case on amazon? Its the one that has the sandpaper like back. It looks like a nice slim cover to add a bit of protection (not much though). I'm wondering if I should be worried about these cases staining my pretty white back on the Dev edition.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried the bear motion slim case on amazon? Its the one that has the sandpaper like back. It looks like a nice slim cover to add a bit of protection (not much though). I'm wondering if I should be worried about these cases staining my pretty white back on the Dev edition.

I have the Aerser version of this case. The only difference between this and the Bear Motion is Aerser didn't put a logo on the back. I prefer slim cases and this one with the gritty texture feels very secure in the hand. I have the black back with a black case so can't speak for staining but wouldn't imagine you having problems.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

pomokey

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Picked up the S-line TPU case for $4 shipped on ebay. It's perfect. Great fit, very thin, just enough bezel to protect the screen when face down while not making it too difficult to swipe in form the side. Goes in and out of my pocket easily. Has the dimple cut out on the back. I have the white moto x and got the black case. The contrast looks very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge